I have owned 2 pairs of T70p and for me they are the best headphones available for outdoor use with an Ipod (I live abroad and have no means for a sound system currently). Having worn open design headphones in the past (RS1 and K701, (Senn HD800, not worn outside)) with mini DAC and amp, I realised I was just being insane in my quest for the best sound possible at the cost of looking ridiculous and leaking sound like a outdoor festival.
My impressions, from the standpoint of someone wanting outdoor headphones.
- Build is nice, they are comfortable and most importantly they are a good size and look passable without making you look like an idiot on the train while not sacrificing sound quality.
- You don't need an amp and they sound good with most file formats, so no bulky amp and cables. Gone are the days where I can be bothered carrying excess crap around.
- Pretty good sound isolation so you don't annoy others and can have them pretty loud in enclosed areas.
- No other headphone in this price range met my requirements and the build on cheaper headphones is awful.
- Keep your ears warm in -15 Korean winters.
After auditioning many headphones, these, for me are the sweet spot in terms of what I need. The RRP is not their actual price as they can easily be bought well under that. I find them very versatile and I can't think of any competitor that can match them that are not massive or open-backed.
As I have the audio bug, I have owned tons of hifi gear and these have stayed with me the longest which really says something to me.