- 120 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 2/2/14 at 6:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G? - Page 4
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
90 Total Votespost #46 of 6010/25/12 at 2:42pmMust be a problem with my settings cuz I have the same exact settings from the last one. I checked tho and they looked perfectly fine. When I tried them at the apple store they had sounded gr8. So yeah
33% (30)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 6010/25/12 at 2:51pmpost #48 of 6010/25/12 at 3:27pmpost #49 of 6010/25/12 at 4:37pmQuote:
better go back and edit your earlier post then ;)post #50 of 6010/26/12 at 3:04amThread Starterpost #51 of 6010/26/12 at 4:39pmpost #52 of 6011/2/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
At least you had the guts to admit that after bashing the new ipod that you cannot tell the difference between mono and stereo
Reminds me of the other night when I felt my right speaker was not tilted right since the stereo image seemed off a bit..................Turns out the wire to the tweeter on the back of the speaker had come loose and all I was hearing out of the right was the wooferpost #53 of 6011/7/12 at 6:25ampost #54 of 6011/7/12 at 6:29ampost #55 of 6011/7/12 at 6:45ampost #56 of 6011/30/12 at 2:54pmEverything is great for my iPod after having it for a few months. There are no amps for it tho!!!!!! I'm thinking of using the apple adapter but people have said the lightning adapter doesn't work for analog signals!!!!😵 I may need to use my old iPod touchpost #57 of 6012/1/12 at 6:57ampost #58 of 6012/2/12 at 8:25pm
Hi there, Im not sure about 5G..I had a 4G of 32GB but a son of bitch stole it..
I still don't know if is better to buy 5G to replace it or a classic of 160GB.
I already read all the replys..its a little temp the camara and sound..well..
So Im not sure..post #59 of 6012/3/12 at 3:57pmI didn't upgrade to an iPod touch 5G,...I got an iPad mini instead. Nw I just need a nice case & a few favorite Genius Playlists & I'm good to go!!! It's a little slower than I'd expected, but it's exactly what I wanted an iPad mini to be. I can gladly say I luv it!!!post #60 of 6012/20/12 at 8:29pm
I ended buying the fifth generation ipod touch after having such a positive experience with the seventh generation ipod nano, so far the UI experience is as good as it gets, however in terms of the sound quality I cannot it is an upprade to the ipod nano 7th generation. The nano sounds better to my year. It has just enough headroom for most portable IEM however ipod touch relatively larger headroom for volume adjustment is not really usable as treble gets harsh passed the 80% mark and their seems to be some strange things taking place for the midrange and low range, cant really say a roll off.
I guess listen for yourself before you buy!
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › audio cable wire size. 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-a1000 vs Ad700 and HD558 for gaming 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › ROCK-HARD CANADIAN MAPLE HEADPHONES 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob