ALAC locks you into the proprietary iTunes format. At least FLAC is a widely accepted lossless solution that allows me to have a lot more options for storage and playback.
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 2/2/14 at 6:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G? - Page 3
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
32% (30)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It doesn't lock you into anything. I've had iPods over the last couple of years, and never once bought any video or audio from iTunes. I still rip any CD's I get into FLAC, like always. I never bothered with ALAC on the Touch or Shuffle that I had, but I do have about 50GB worth of it on my Classic....I just converted FLAC to ALAC. I'm not convinced whether or not I hear any difference from the usual high-bitrate LAME MP3's that I use on all my other players, but with the Classic I figured since I have the room, why not?
I meant that some people keep their entire library in ALAC, and that is fine if you only use Apple products. I think FLAC offers greater flexibility, and I would rather keep everything in FLAC format and only convert to ALAC when necessary, instead of the other way around. I can drag and drop FLAC to most devices other than iOS types, and most apps will play back FLAC without issue. I have not had the same experience with ALAC files.
Well I originally said yes, but may have to change my answer to no...
I had an itch this weekend to buy a new PMP so I ordered the new(er) Cowon Z2 and a 32gb sd.
I guess I will make up my mind after it arrives.
So, I've been giving the iTouch 5G some thought....and spending $400 on a device that I want to fill up with music...hmm...it will hardly leave space for HD videos or pictures.... and who doesn't like to use all that cool zooming with cameras? Well, you can forget about that with the iTouch. And who doesn't like to have internet everywhere without having to be on a WIFI hotspot? You can forget about that with the iTouch. And who doesn't like Garageband on the iPad over the iTouch?
Choice of Internet everywhere.
Maybe the A6 chip?
Big screen :3
Music? Check that too.
I think I'll try to find a player dedicated for music, that doesn't cost me as much as a 64GB iTouch, and save that money for the cool iPad coming next year.
well I picked up a used iphone4 32gb for around $50 that I am going to use a backup ipod.
I can use my ipod touch 4G now purely with my Fostex hp-p1 for music, and the iphone4 for wifi, apps, music/movies on the go and as a future backup.
*Still considering the ipod touch 5G If there is any increase in sound quality with the lightning usb to Fostex/Clas. But as I had an expensive LOD-USB made, I will probably stay with the old system/ipods.
My iPod Touch 4G bit the dust. It bricked on me and I can't get it to link up to iTunes anymore. Recovery, DFU, none of it works. I think it's dead in the water. If I bought another iPod, I think it would be the 160GB Classic. I have an iPhone 4, so all the other goodies offered by the touch, I already have.
X3 coming out? I thought they killed off that project!
These guys love the sound, better than previous generation they say
This time around (going by the numbers) the iPod Touch 5 sounds better than iPhone 5 ( 0.8 ohms of output impedance vs 3.8). Quite a change since for years it was the other way around.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › For Sale: Sennheiser HD800 (AU Only) 25 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 6 minutes ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 7 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)