Pretty much title says it all, Im searching for a good quality IEM with a noise cancelling mic! I work in a server room, and would like to block out all the noise while im talking on the phone!
- productEtymotic Research ETY-COM ER22-C Noise-Isolating Mobile Phone Headset - Retail Packaging - Blacktagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productHarmon Kardon AE In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs for iPhone recommendations Last post on 9/28/12 at 2:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Question Regarding Etymotic and Westone Last post on 11/26/12 at 8:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Any good IEM with (noise cancelling mic) ?post #2 of 89/12/12 at 7:24pmpost #3 of 89/12/12 at 8:14pmpost #4 of 89/13/12 at 12:40pmThread Starterpost #5 of 89/13/12 at 12:55pmpost #6 of 89/13/12 at 12:56pmI think you're asking for too much or I have misunderstood your question. First up I have the HF3 and they are good noise isolating earphones and okay on the phone. But as far as I know the only active noise cancelling buds don't have a mic for phone use, only cut background noise. I also have Bose QC15 with the iPhone cable. These are active noise cancelling but the active mic is in the headset and the phone mic is in the cable. For use in your server room these may be a better proposition.
I also have the phone cable for my Shure 535s. These are very good at isolating too and I prefer them to the HF3. I've used them in noisy malls a few times and they work very well but still not as good as the Bose which would work out cheaper and more effective than the Shures.
Goodluck with your search.post #7 of 89/13/12 at 1:05pmThread Starter
"Jpfe8851" thank you for the reply! I was wondering about a good noise cancelling "MIC" not the headphones, of course I also want good phones, but my main priority here is the MIC, MIC needs to be a good noise cancelling MIC to block out all the server noise when im on a call so the other end wont hear all the "wooooooshhhhhhhh" from the servers ;)post #8 of 89/13/12 at 1:17pmAh hah.. That's a good one. Of course the mic has to pick up your voice and I guess by extension will also transmit the background noise somewhat. Just like road noise in the car. But from my experience with all the sets I mentioned, none of them amplify my voice back into my ears, only to the person on the line. So you'll block out most if not all noise to you but some must still go to the other party IMHO.
BUT, when neither of you are talking, I am sure you will hear noise back from them and they may from you. Just the nature of the way phones seem to work.
I'd love to defer to more experienced audiophiles on this now as all I am spruiking is my thoughts from experience which very untechnical.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any good IEM with (noise cancelling mic) ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Do you take good headphones with you when you go out? 5 minutes ago
- › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni for Sale 12 minutes ago
- › How I Turned A Bass-IEM into a balanced/clearer iem 12 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi