Pretty much title says it all, Im searching for a good quality IEM with a noise cancelling mic! I work in a server room, and would like to block out all the noise while im talking on the phone!
- productEtymotic Research ETY-COM ER22-C Noise-Isolating Mobile Phone Headset - Retail Packaging - Blacktagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productHarmon Kardon AE In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs for iPhone recommendations Last post on 9/28/12 at 2:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Question Regarding Etymotic and Westone Last post on 11/26/12 at 8:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Any good IEM with (noise cancelling mic) ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 99/12/12 at 7:24pmpost #3 of 99/12/12 at 8:14pmpost #4 of 99/13/12 at 12:40pmThread Starterpost #5 of 99/13/12 at 12:55pmpost #6 of 99/13/12 at 12:56pmI think you're asking for too much or I have misunderstood your question. First up I have the HF3 and they are good noise isolating earphones and okay on the phone. But as far as I know the only active noise cancelling buds don't have a mic for phone use, only cut background noise. I also have Bose QC15 with the iPhone cable. These are active noise cancelling but the active mic is in the headset and the phone mic is in the cable. For use in your server room these may be a better proposition.
I also have the phone cable for my Shure 535s. These are very good at isolating too and I prefer them to the HF3. I've used them in noisy malls a few times and they work very well but still not as good as the Bose which would work out cheaper and more effective than the Shures.
Goodluck with your search.post #7 of 99/13/12 at 1:05pmThread Starter
"Jpfe8851" thank you for the reply! I was wondering about a good noise cancelling "MIC" not the headphones, of course I also want good phones, but my main priority here is the MIC, MIC needs to be a good noise cancelling MIC to block out all the server noise when im on a call so the other end wont hear all the "wooooooshhhhhhhh" from the servers ;)post #8 of 99/13/12 at 1:17pmAh hah.. That's a good one. Of course the mic has to pick up your voice and I guess by extension will also transmit the background noise somewhat. Just like road noise in the car. But from my experience with all the sets I mentioned, none of them amplify my voice back into my ears, only to the person on the line. So you'll block out most if not all noise to you but some must still go to the other party IMHO.
BUT, when neither of you are talking, I am sure you will hear noise back from them and they may from you. Just the nature of the way phones seem to work.
I'd love to defer to more experienced audiophiles on this now as all I am spruiking is my thoughts from experience which very untechnical.post #9 of 92/24/16 at 3:23pmThis is an old post, but I've been on a search for such a mic with a headset.
There aren't any that tout a noise canceling MIC, but you'd thing they'd have an aftermarket cable with this feature; I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat. Until then, some mics perform better than others. Off the good:
UE900 blue Cable
For over ears:
Logitech g933 (best I've tested)
MONSTER/beats controltalk on turbine pros. I've never owned any beats, so I couldn't say about themReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any good IEM with (noise cancelling mic) ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 33 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 34 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 40 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 58 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio latest [TOP_SECRET] product. What is it? 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear