Pretty much title says it all, Im searching for a good quality IEM with a noise cancelling mic! I work in a server room, and would like to block out all the noise while im talking on the phone!
Related Forum Threads
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs for iPhone recommendations Last post on 9/28/12 at 2:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Question Regarding Etymotic and Westone Last post on 11/26/12 at 8:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
Any good IEM with (noise cancelling mic) ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 89/12/12 at 7:24pmpost #3 of 89/12/12 at 8:14pmpost #4 of 89/13/12 at 12:40pmThread Starterpost #5 of 89/13/12 at 12:55pmpost #6 of 89/13/12 at 12:56pmI think you're asking for too much or I have misunderstood your question. First up I have the HF3 and they are good noise isolating earphones and okay on the phone. But as far as I know the only active noise cancelling buds don't have a mic for phone use, only cut background noise. I also have Bose QC15 with the iPhone cable. These are active noise cancelling but the active mic is in the headset and the phone mic is in the cable. For use in your server room these may be a better proposition.
I also have the phone cable for my Shure 535s. These are very good at isolating too and I prefer them to the HF3. I've used them in noisy malls a few times and they work very well but still not as good as the Bose which would work out cheaper and more effective than the Shures.
Goodluck with your search.post #7 of 89/13/12 at 1:05pmThread Starter
"Jpfe8851" thank you for the reply! I was wondering about a good noise cancelling "MIC" not the headphones, of course I also want good phones, but my main priority here is the MIC, MIC needs to be a good noise cancelling MIC to block out all the server noise when im on a call so the other end wont hear all the "wooooooshhhhhhhh" from the servers ;)post #8 of 89/13/12 at 1:17pmAh hah.. That's a good one. Of course the mic has to pick up your voice and I guess by extension will also transmit the background noise somewhat. Just like road noise in the car. But from my experience with all the sets I mentioned, none of them amplify my voice back into my ears, only to the person on the line. So you'll block out most if not all noise to you but some must still go to the other party IMHO.
BUT, when neither of you are talking, I am sure you will hear noise back from them and they may from you. Just the nature of the way phones seem to work.
I'd love to defer to more experienced audiophiles on this now as all I am spruiking is my thoughts from experience which very untechnical.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any good IEM with (noise cancelling mic) ?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier 56 seconds ago
- › Any New developments~Re-DAC/AMP`s For TABLETS?? 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › SMSL SD-022, similar to HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 4 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe