- 973 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Valongo, Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for really specific (maybe unrealistic) headphones? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/13 at 4:09pmAnyone please?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/25/13 at 5:39pm
Here's my case....
I already have a pair of creative aurvana live!, a pair of Sony mdr v6 and a pair of akg k518dj (same as the k81's).
Being the worst of the three Too much bass and too recessed mids and highs) my akg's have not been having much action on the last months and since they are almost new i am planning on selling them or trade.
If i am going to trade them i want to get something portable as well, This week i had 2 offeres to trade my akg's... the srh440's and the uptown.
From what i have read the uptown's sound good and are amazing in build quality, design and confort, but it seems that the cabçe has ruined everything. I really like them but also i want to get something that will last at least for a year as a portable option.
The srh440 seems like they sound good, are very well built, but are not very good for portbale use and are very uncomfortable.
Unfortunatelly i dont have any of these 2 in my country (Portugal) so i really must trust on the feedback i get.
So for someone who listens to all types of music (with a special emphasis on eletronica, house, progressive and trance) Wich one would you recomend?
Are any of these two a worthy replacement for my akg's or should i just keep the k518's?
All help is more than appreciated... :)
Thank you very much...post #18 of 206/25/13 at 9:12pm
I have no experience with the Philips, but I really like the Shure 440.
i don't think they are uncomfortable at all. And there are some nice "mods" to make them better. One is buying the Shure SRH 840 ear pads. The change takes one minute and it improves the sound and especially the comfort.
If you want more bass, then the 440 are your friend as well, closing the bass vents on the cover protecting the driver (when you take the pads off) one by one until you reach the bass level you want. Very easy as well. And voila you have dramatically improved the 440.
Kpost #19 of 206/26/13 at 5:12pm
Thank you KoolPep... :)
I have to admit that although they are not very good looking i am leaning a bit towards the shure's since they seem to have bette audio quality than the philips... based on reviews of course... Still have not tried any....
- Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 43 seconds ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver IEM vs HiFiMAN RE-400? 48 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 55 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Minimeet Impressions 05/07/2016 3 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...