- 1,032 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Valongo, Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for really specific (maybe unrealistic) headphones? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/13 at 4:09pmAnyone please?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/25/13 at 5:39pm
Here's my case....
I already have a pair of creative aurvana live!, a pair of Sony mdr v6 and a pair of akg k518dj (same as the k81's).
Being the worst of the three Too much bass and too recessed mids and highs) my akg's have not been having much action on the last months and since they are almost new i am planning on selling them or trade.
If i am going to trade them i want to get something portable as well, This week i had 2 offeres to trade my akg's... the srh440's and the uptown.
From what i have read the uptown's sound good and are amazing in build quality, design and confort, but it seems that the cabçe has ruined everything. I really like them but also i want to get something that will last at least for a year as a portable option.
The srh440 seems like they sound good, are very well built, but are not very good for portbale use and are very uncomfortable.
Unfortunatelly i dont have any of these 2 in my country (Portugal) so i really must trust on the feedback i get.
So for someone who listens to all types of music (with a special emphasis on eletronica, house, progressive and trance) Wich one would you recomend?
Are any of these two a worthy replacement for my akg's or should i just keep the k518's?
All help is more than appreciated... :)
Thank you very much...post #18 of 206/25/13 at 9:12pm
I have no experience with the Philips, but I really like the Shure 440.
i don't think they are uncomfortable at all. And there are some nice "mods" to make them better. One is buying the Shure SRH 840 ear pads. The change takes one minute and it improves the sound and especially the comfort.
If you want more bass, then the 440 are your friend as well, closing the bass vents on the cover protecting the driver (when you take the pads off) one by one until you reach the bass level you want. Very easy as well. And voila you have dramatically improved the 440.
Kpost #19 of 206/26/13 at 5:12pm
Thank you KoolPep... :)
I have to admit that although they are not very good looking i am leaning a bit towards the shure's since they seem to have bette audio quality than the philips... based on reviews of course... Still have not tried any....
- Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 45 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › Black Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Bimby) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › Home Theater - hook up my headphones ...Help, Please! 3 minutes ago
- › FIIO Customer Service... 5 minutes ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 13th Calgary Head-Fi Meet - Postponed to October 16 (Sunday) 7 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...