- 1,175 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Valongo, Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for really specific (maybe unrealistic) headphones? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/13 at 4:09pmAnyone please?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/25/13 at 5:39pm
Here's my case....
I already have a pair of creative aurvana live!, a pair of Sony mdr v6 and a pair of akg k518dj (same as the k81's).
Being the worst of the three Too much bass and too recessed mids and highs) my akg's have not been having much action on the last months and since they are almost new i am planning on selling them or trade.
If i am going to trade them i want to get something portable as well, This week i had 2 offeres to trade my akg's... the srh440's and the uptown.
From what i have read the uptown's sound good and are amazing in build quality, design and confort, but it seems that the cabçe has ruined everything. I really like them but also i want to get something that will last at least for a year as a portable option.
The srh440 seems like they sound good, are very well built, but are not very good for portbale use and are very uncomfortable.
Unfortunatelly i dont have any of these 2 in my country (Portugal) so i really must trust on the feedback i get.
So for someone who listens to all types of music (with a special emphasis on eletronica, house, progressive and trance) Wich one would you recomend?
Are any of these two a worthy replacement for my akg's or should i just keep the k518's?
All help is more than appreciated... :)
Thank you very much...post #18 of 206/25/13 at 9:12pm
I have no experience with the Philips, but I really like the Shure 440.
i don't think they are uncomfortable at all. And there are some nice "mods" to make them better. One is buying the Shure SRH 840 ear pads. The change takes one minute and it improves the sound and especially the comfort.
If you want more bass, then the 440 are your friend as well, closing the bass vents on the cover protecting the driver (when you take the pads off) one by one until you reach the bass level you want. Very easy as well. And voila you have dramatically improved the 440.
Kpost #19 of 206/26/13 at 5:12pm
Thank you KoolPep... :)
I have to admit that although they are not very good looking i am leaning a bit towards the shure's since they seem to have bette audio quality than the philips... based on reviews of course... Still have not tried any....
- Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cheapest CIEMs? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 6 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear