- 1,049 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Valongo, Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for really specific (maybe unrealistic) headphones? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
The FiiO A1 is a nice addition to a smartphone setup.It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. it doesn't extend very well and bass and treble is left...
Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/13 at 4:09pmAnyone please?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/25/13 at 5:39pm
Here's my case....
I already have a pair of creative aurvana live!, a pair of Sony mdr v6 and a pair of akg k518dj (same as the k81's).
Being the worst of the three Too much bass and too recessed mids and highs) my akg's have not been having much action on the last months and since they are almost new i am planning on selling them or trade.
If i am going to trade them i want to get something portable as well, This week i had 2 offeres to trade my akg's... the srh440's and the uptown.
From what i have read the uptown's sound good and are amazing in build quality, design and confort, but it seems that the cabçe has ruined everything. I really like them but also i want to get something that will last at least for a year as a portable option.
The srh440 seems like they sound good, are very well built, but are not very good for portbale use and are very uncomfortable.
Unfortunatelly i dont have any of these 2 in my country (Portugal) so i really must trust on the feedback i get.
So for someone who listens to all types of music (with a special emphasis on eletronica, house, progressive and trance) Wich one would you recomend?
Are any of these two a worthy replacement for my akg's or should i just keep the k518's?
All help is more than appreciated... :)
Thank you very much...post #18 of 206/25/13 at 9:12pm
I have no experience with the Philips, but I really like the Shure 440.
i don't think they are uncomfortable at all. And there are some nice "mods" to make them better. One is buying the Shure SRH 840 ear pads. The change takes one minute and it improves the sound and especially the comfort.
If you want more bass, then the 440 are your friend as well, closing the bass vents on the cover protecting the driver (when you take the pads off) one by one until you reach the bass level you want. Very easy as well. And voila you have dramatically improved the 440.
Kpost #19 of 206/26/13 at 5:12pm
Thank you KoolPep... :)
I have to admit that although they are not very good looking i am leaning a bit towards the shure's since they seem to have bette audio quality than the philips... based on reviews of course... Still have not tried any....
- Shure SRH440 vs philips Uptown
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Music Game IX 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 43 seconds ago
- › AUDEZE LCD X (Complete w/ both cables, hard travel case) -... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...