Hi all, has anyone here successfully bought headphones from PriceJapan.com? I see the prices of Stax SR-009 is over a £1000 cheaper once you do the currency conversion into pounds. My question is will you be charged VAT and import duty? or is it like any normal package coming from abroad and slips by customs?
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'e done my due diligence so far......... Last post on 11/13/13 at 6:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm new at all this and not a sophisticated audiophile... Last post on 11/9/13 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience... Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:21am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Please make sure to click that Like button at the bottom of the page, also drop a comment and feel free to ask questions if you have them! AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
Buying Stax SR-009 From PriceJapan.com??post #1 of 239/12/12 at 4:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 239/12/12 at 4:48pmpost #3 of 239/12/12 at 4:51pm
When importing, just be prepared to be stung with VAT and breathe easy if you don't. I have bought audio gear imported into the UK, under the value of £500 and so far have been lucky.
I did note that when I got my DAC from Audio-GD, the box had been opened before, I should think by customs. No problems though. Not sure whether anything changes if the prices is higher (relatively). But as above poster has proven so, you should be fine. Just be prepared.post #4 of 239/12/12 at 4:58pm
I am in NZ and everything that has a higher commercial value than 400.- NZ Dollar will be taxed.
So I usually tell sellers to mark the price down,which also means that insurance only covers that value.post #5 of 239/12/12 at 5:00pmThread Starter
Do you have to email them before they ship it out, to tell them to mark down a false cheaper price of the product to escape customs or am I misunderstanding? Did you ship via EMS? reading other threads they seem to be good at not getting caught my customs as opposed to DHL.
Edited by gtiboy - 9/12/12 at 5:08pmpost #6 of 239/12/12 at 5:08pmpost #7 of 239/12/12 at 5:10pmThread Starterpost #8 of 239/12/12 at 5:12pmpost #9 of 239/12/12 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #10 of 239/12/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
i think it's a little suspicious to insure an item for $5000 but with a customs value of $100post #11 of 239/12/12 at 5:25pmThread Starter
Yeah pricejapan add the insurance cover on top of all the other charges required including shipping. Just wondered how that would affect the insurance on the product if there is a false price on the box just to escape customs. Most people that have bought items from pricejapan.com live either in the US or else where, have not seen anyone buy from the UK and their experience with UK customs?post #12 of 239/12/12 at 5:56pmPlease also ask to put the mark-down price in the invoice or not to put the invoice with full price into the box.
My experience with other purchase was the shop showed me mercy to mark down the price on the declared slip, but inserted full price invoice into the box. The custom randomly picked up my box to inspect and bingo .... Sigh -_-"post #13 of 239/13/12 at 2:44amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jimmy8269
Please also ask to put the mark-down price in the invoice or not to put the invoice with full price into the box.
My experience with other purchase was the shop showed me mercy to mark down the price on the declared slip, but inserted full price invoice into the box. The custom randomly picked up my box to inspect and bingo .... Sigh -_-"
Who did you ship yours with?post #14 of 239/13/12 at 3:20am
PriceJapan is fairly decent place to order from Japan other then warranty/service...the process is lengthy and cost additional dough.
another place I`d recommend is musicaacoustics.com. Name of owner is Dimitris. Very reliable service and also price was good. I have not seen Stax brand on the site but I ordered several items from them that were not listed there.
I do recall Dimitris commented about VAT charge is high unless declare as gift with low value. Check with Pricejapan or Musica to make sure you dont get slammed with VATpost #15 of 239/16/12 at 2:01pmPriceJapan is very reliable from my experience with them, which has included shipping an amplifier (Audio Technica anniversary) back to Japan for service under warranty.
Edited by Ridleyguy - 9/17/12 at 4:48pm
- Buying Stax SR-009 From PriceJapan.com??
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 seconds ago
- › worst date stories 1 minute ago
- › i'd like an open sub $300 pair of headphones with detachable cable... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado sound + Bass 3 minutes ago
- › Replacement Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm earpads 4 minutes ago
- › Help! Earpads that fit AD700x? 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 7 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe