Hi all, has anyone here successfully bought headphones from PriceJapan.com? I see the prices of Stax SR-009 is over a £1000 cheaper once you do the currency conversion into pounds. My question is will you be charged VAT and import duty? or is it like any normal package coming from abroad and slips by customs?
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Survey - how much money would you pay for a headphone setup that is guaranteed to be the best out... Last post on Yesterday at 12:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009,boxed MINT Condition..USA Only Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods... Last post on Today at 9:11 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:14am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
Buying Stax SR-009 From PriceJapan.com??post #1 of 239/12/12 at 4:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 239/12/12 at 4:48pmpost #3 of 239/12/12 at 4:51pm
When importing, just be prepared to be stung with VAT and breathe easy if you don't. I have bought audio gear imported into the UK, under the value of £500 and so far have been lucky.
I did note that when I got my DAC from Audio-GD, the box had been opened before, I should think by customs. No problems though. Not sure whether anything changes if the prices is higher (relatively). But as above poster has proven so, you should be fine. Just be prepared.post #4 of 239/12/12 at 4:58pm
I am in NZ and everything that has a higher commercial value than 400.- NZ Dollar will be taxed.
So I usually tell sellers to mark the price down,which also means that insurance only covers that value.post #5 of 239/12/12 at 5:00pmThread Starter
Do you have to email them before they ship it out, to tell them to mark down a false cheaper price of the product to escape customs or am I misunderstanding? Did you ship via EMS? reading other threads they seem to be good at not getting caught my customs as opposed to DHL.
Edited by gtiboy - 9/12/12 at 5:08pmpost #6 of 239/12/12 at 5:08pmpost #7 of 239/12/12 at 5:10pmThread Starterpost #8 of 239/12/12 at 5:12pmpost #9 of 239/12/12 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #10 of 239/12/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
i think it's a little suspicious to insure an item for $5000 but with a customs value of $100post #11 of 239/12/12 at 5:25pmThread Starter
Yeah pricejapan add the insurance cover on top of all the other charges required including shipping. Just wondered how that would affect the insurance on the product if there is a false price on the box just to escape customs. Most people that have bought items from pricejapan.com live either in the US or else where, have not seen anyone buy from the UK and their experience with UK customs?post #12 of 239/12/12 at 5:56pmPlease also ask to put the mark-down price in the invoice or not to put the invoice with full price into the box.
My experience with other purchase was the shop showed me mercy to mark down the price on the declared slip, but inserted full price invoice into the box. The custom randomly picked up my box to inspect and bingo .... Sigh -_-"post #13 of 239/13/12 at 2:44amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jimmy8269
Please also ask to put the mark-down price in the invoice or not to put the invoice with full price into the box.
My experience with other purchase was the shop showed me mercy to mark down the price on the declared slip, but inserted full price invoice into the box. The custom randomly picked up my box to inspect and bingo .... Sigh -_-"
Who did you ship yours with?post #14 of 239/13/12 at 3:20am
PriceJapan is fairly decent place to order from Japan other then warranty/service...the process is lengthy and cost additional dough.
another place I`d recommend is musicaacoustics.com. Name of owner is Dimitris. Very reliable service and also price was good. I have not seen Stax brand on the site but I ordered several items from them that were not listed there.
I do recall Dimitris commented about VAT charge is high unless declare as gift with low value. Check with Pricejapan or Musica to make sure you dont get slammed with VATpost #15 of 239/16/12 at 2:01pmPriceJapan is very reliable from my experience with them, which has included shipping an amplifier (Audio Technica anniversary) back to Japan for service under warranty.
Edited by Ridleyguy - 9/17/12 at 4:48pm
- Buying Stax SR-009 From PriceJapan.com??
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Next $500 Investment: SRH-1540, or Amp/DAC Setup? 3 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › The results of giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 2 minutes ago
- › JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~ 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Vali - like new - only 2 days old 3 minutes ago
- › Stiffening/Hardening cable causing increased microphonics 4 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob