Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 12

post #166 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilahun View Post

In my experience, Ray's amps always sound great.
He mentioned at the recent Chicago meet that his upcoming Dac would support 24/192.
Can't wait to hear it.
 

 !  an "upcoming 24/192 DAC" ?!!  tongue_smile.gif Will it be a "portable battery powered unit with amp" (like a "super INTRUDER" ) tongue_smile.gif  or just a desktop product ? 

 

more info or release date pleaaaaseee ....

 

thanks


Edited by bmichels - 11/23/12 at 2:02pm
post #167 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

 !  an "upcoming 24/192 DAC" ?!!  tongue_smile.gif Will it be a "portable battery powered unit with amp" (like a "super INTRUDER" ) tongue_smile.gif  or just a desktop product ? 

 

more info or release date pleaaaaseee ....

 

thanks

All I know is portable, balanced and a match for the sr71b so probably the same size. I haven't heard anything about what inputs.


Edited by ThatPhilDude - 11/23/12 at 2:15pm
post #168 of 258

A must for RSA to compete is to have apple/android input compatibility for portable setups. A regular usb dac in my opinion would not propel many people to buy even if it does sound great.

post #169 of 258
I don't have all the facts, no official announcements yet.
But, Ray said same size as sr71b balanced input and output as mentioned above.
No USB, rather toslink and spdif switchable inputs.
He said a couple of more months before ready.
post #170 of 258
And no apple certified input etc.
post #171 of 258

so it is only a DAC,  NOT a DAC+AMP ? 

post #172 of 258
Yep, companion to the sr71b, no amp just Dac.
post #173 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilahun View Post

In my experience, Ray's amps always sound great.
He mentioned at the recent Chicago meet that his upcoming Dac would support 24/192.
Can't wait to hear it.

 

I also heard about RSA DAC will be released soon pairing with 71b from some forum thread. I really love to see it, and hopefully it is like CLAS (supporting iDevice) but not sure it will be iDevice supported since I recall Ray mentioned the issue about high loyalty fee.

post #174 of 258

I believe that what people are expecting is not another DAC but an all in one solution for PC/MAC/ANDROID.  Some sort of " 24/192kHz INTRUDER".

 

If the Intruder was 24/192, I would have bought it without hesitation....

post #175 of 258

700

 

700

 

My portable setup.

 

iPod Classic/iPhone 4s/PC ==> Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo -dB ====> RSA The Intruder =====> LFF's Paradox 

post #176 of 258

Nice setup.  What bag are you using?

post #177 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post

Nice setup.  What bag are you using?

 

 

Black Star Bag from ALO audio.

post #178 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcberto View Post

700

 

700

 

My portable setup.

 

iPod Classic/iPhone 4s/PC ==> Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo -dB ====> RSA The Intruder =====> LFF's Paradox 

 

I am thinking to do the same setup, but -dB (well the fixed one) is not yet up in ALO audio. How do you like the setup? Is -dB and Intruder pairing well?

post #179 of 258

I actually got the fixed/corrected unit from TTVJ. You can also get a unit from Moon-audio and get a free custom 30-pin to mini-usb B cable. 

 

Currently can't stop smiling when listening to this setup.

 

The pairing so far has been pretty amazing.

post #180 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcberto View Post

I actually got the fixed/corrected unit from TTVJ. You can also get a unit from Moon-audio and get a free custom 30-pin to mini-usb B cable. 

 

Currently can't stop smiling when listening to this setup.

 

The pairing so far has been pretty amazing.

 

I see. I wasn't sure TTVJ and Moon-Audio already have the fixed unit and ship them already. Maybe I should try that since Moon-audio offer a free cable. But I probably need to order a balanced interconnect cable between -dB and Intruder from ALO...

 

And, I am glad to hear you like the setup a lot. It helps me to hurt my wallet deeper! :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!