- 73 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Chiba, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would a Meier Corda Prehead MK2 SE drive a HE-6? Last post on 9/22/14 at 6:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 2post #16 of 2589/18/12 at 9:36amWow!! Anyone hear a release date or price for that badboy:D??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2589/18/12 at 12:14pmQuote:post #18 of 2589/18/12 at 2:36pm
Yes, the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 can output a digital audio stream to a good external standard USB DAC and a good external amplifier, more efficient than the internal DAC and the internal amplifier.
You will find a list of USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the following post:post #19 of 2589/18/12 at 5:00pmpost #20 of 2589/20/12 at 6:36pmpost #21 of 2589/21/12 at 1:40ampost #22 of 2589/24/12 at 2:58pmpost #23 of 2589/29/12 at 8:37pmpost #24 of 2589/29/12 at 11:15pm
This is Ray Samuels himself introducing his new portable headphone and DAC combo unit called the INTRUDER. The portable unit includes both balanced and unbalanced output and inputs. It has quite of bit of gain for a portable headphone amplifier and should provide plenty of juice for even the most power-hungry headphones.
They did talk about HE-6 during the interview and mentioned something like 1 ampere of voltage at the end.post #25 of 2589/29/12 at 11:54pmpost #26 of 2589/30/12 at 6:18am
Ray brought it to our meet yesterday and the high gain is 21, which will drive the HE6s. The low and medium gain were not changed so the Intruder can still be used with IEMs and other headphones not needing the extra gain. Ray also mentioned it is not just a SR71B with the DAC. He has refined it further. I don't know the details of the changes though so I will have to watch his website when he releases the information. Todd R was already trying to negotiate with Ray as at the meet he indicated he felt it was definitely and step up from his SR-71B.post #27 of 2589/30/12 at 9:38ampost #28 of 2589/30/12 at 9:45ampost #29 of 2589/30/12 at 12:34pm
I have a question here.
Can you use the alo cable for sr71b to get a balanced input? Since this thing comes with a Dac right?
so in the video above, is Ray Samuel bypassing the Dac section of the amp when using that configuration?
I'm just confused.post #30 of 2589/30/12 at 1:05pmQuote:
I am not sure I fully understand but I believe it is a USB DAC only so if you set the switches to use it the single ended or balance input, then the DAC is not in the loop and it is very similar to the SR-71B with a few additional changes like the additional High Gain of 21.
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 12 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-XB50: All of your basses...all of them. 2 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! 2 minutes ago
- › Comfortable closed cans for less than $200 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)