- 106 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Chiba, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 2post #16 of 2589/18/12 at 9:36amWow!! Anyone hear a release date or price for that badboy:D??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2589/18/12 at 12:14pmQuote:post #18 of 2589/18/12 at 2:36pm
Yes, the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 can output a digital audio stream to a good external standard USB DAC and a good external amplifier, more efficient than the internal DAC and the internal amplifier.
You will find a list of USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the following post:post #19 of 2589/18/12 at 5:00pmpost #20 of 2589/20/12 at 6:36pmpost #21 of 2589/21/12 at 1:40ampost #22 of 2589/24/12 at 2:58pmpost #23 of 2589/29/12 at 8:37pmpost #24 of 2589/29/12 at 11:15pmpost #25 of 2589/29/12 at 11:54pmpost #26 of 2589/30/12 at 6:18am
Ray brought it to our meet yesterday and the high gain is 21, which will drive the HE6s. The low and medium gain were not changed so the Intruder can still be used with IEMs and other headphones not needing the extra gain. Ray also mentioned it is not just a SR71B with the DAC. He has refined it further. I don't know the details of the changes though so I will have to watch his website when he releases the information. Todd R was already trying to negotiate with Ray as at the meet he indicated he felt it was definitely and step up from his SR-71B.post #27 of 2589/30/12 at 9:38ampost #28 of 2589/30/12 at 9:45ampost #29 of 2589/30/12 at 12:34pm
I have a question here.
Can you use the alo cable for sr71b to get a balanced input? Since this thing comes with a Dac right?
so in the video above, is Ray Samuel bypassing the Dac section of the amp when using that configuration?
I'm just confused.post #30 of 2589/30/12 at 1:05pmQuote:
I am not sure I fully understand but I believe it is a USB DAC only so if you set the switches to use it the single ended or balance input, then the DAC is not in the loop and it is very similar to the SR-71B with a few additional changes like the additional High Gain of 21.
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 seconds ago
- › Looking for a pair of 'fun' closed-back headphones under 250$, any... 34 seconds ago
- › Beats solo 2 not as much bass as expected 56 seconds ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › cables are placebo 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)