- 118 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Chiba, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I just bought this headphone this week. In the stores, I tested the headphone selections using Samsung Galaxy S7 Exynos version and Spotify's Extreme Quality. MDR-1A was the best during my test in...
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 2post #16 of 2589/18/12 at 9:36amWow!! Anyone hear a release date or price for that badboy:D??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2589/18/12 at 12:14pmQuote:post #18 of 2589/18/12 at 2:36pm
Yes, the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 can output a digital audio stream to a good external standard USB DAC and a good external amplifier, more efficient than the internal DAC and the internal amplifier.
You will find a list of USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the following post:post #19 of 2589/18/12 at 5:00pmpost #20 of 2589/20/12 at 6:36pmpost #21 of 2589/21/12 at 1:40ampost #22 of 2589/24/12 at 2:58pmpost #23 of 2589/29/12 at 8:37pmpost #24 of 2589/29/12 at 11:15pmpost #25 of 2589/29/12 at 11:54pmpost #26 of 2589/30/12 at 6:18am
Ray brought it to our meet yesterday and the high gain is 21, which will drive the HE6s. The low and medium gain were not changed so the Intruder can still be used with IEMs and other headphones not needing the extra gain. Ray also mentioned it is not just a SR71B with the DAC. He has refined it further. I don't know the details of the changes though so I will have to watch his website when he releases the information. Todd R was already trying to negotiate with Ray as at the meet he indicated he felt it was definitely and step up from his SR-71B.post #27 of 2589/30/12 at 9:38ampost #28 of 2589/30/12 at 9:45ampost #29 of 2589/30/12 at 12:34pm
I have a question here.
Can you use the alo cable for sr71b to get a balanced input? Since this thing comes with a Dac right?
so in the video above, is Ray Samuel bypassing the Dac section of the amp when using that configuration?
I'm just confused.post #30 of 2589/30/12 at 1:05pmQuote:
I am not sure I fully understand but I believe it is a USB DAC only so if you set the switches to use it the single ended or balance input, then the DAC is not in the loop and it is very similar to the SR-71B with a few additional changes like the additional High Gain of 21.
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › New and looking for Budget IEM 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...