- 66 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Chiba, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 8:37pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Do you guys prefer dynamics or orthos? Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 2post #16 of 2589/18/12 at 9:36amWow!! Anyone hear a release date or price for that badboy:D??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2589/18/12 at 12:14pmQuote:post #18 of 2589/18/12 at 2:36pm
Yes, the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 can output a digital audio stream to a good external standard USB DAC and a good external amplifier, more efficient than the internal DAC and the internal amplifier.
You will find a list of USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the following post:post #19 of 2589/18/12 at 5:00pmpost #20 of 2589/20/12 at 6:36pmpost #21 of 2589/21/12 at 1:40ampost #22 of 2589/24/12 at 2:58pmpost #23 of 2589/29/12 at 8:37pmpost #24 of 2589/29/12 at 11:15pm
This is Ray Samuels himself introducing his new portable headphone and DAC combo unit called the INTRUDER. The portable unit includes both balanced and unbalanced output and inputs. It has quite of bit of gain for a portable headphone amplifier and should provide plenty of juice for even the most power-hungry headphones.
They did talk about HE-6 during the interview and mentioned something like 1 ampere of voltage at the end.post #25 of 2589/29/12 at 11:54pmpost #26 of 2589/30/12 at 6:18am
Ray brought it to our meet yesterday and the high gain is 21, which will drive the HE6s. The low and medium gain were not changed so the Intruder can still be used with IEMs and other headphones not needing the extra gain. Ray also mentioned it is not just a SR71B with the DAC. He has refined it further. I don't know the details of the changes though so I will have to watch his website when he releases the information. Todd R was already trying to negotiate with Ray as at the meet he indicated he felt it was definitely and step up from his SR-71B.post #27 of 2589/30/12 at 9:38ampost #28 of 2589/30/12 at 9:45ampost #29 of 2589/30/12 at 12:34pm
I have a question here.
Can you use the alo cable for sr71b to get a balanced input? Since this thing comes with a Dac right?
so in the video above, is Ray Samuel bypassing the Dac section of the amp when using that configuration?
I'm just confused.post #30 of 2589/30/12 at 1:05pmQuote:
I am not sure I fully understand but I believe it is a USB DAC only so if you set the switches to use it the single ended or balance input, then the DAC is not in the loop and it is very similar to the SR-71B with a few additional changes like the additional High Gain of 21.
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › The results of giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 6 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 8 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 9 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob