- 66 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Chiba, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Am I to understand that this is bypassing the S3's internal amp as well as it's internal DAC?
Yes, the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 can output a digital audio stream to a good external standard USB DAC and a good external amplifier, more efficient than the internal DAC and the internal amplifier.
You will find a list of USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the following post:
This is Ray Samuels himself introducing his new portable headphone and DAC combo unit called the INTRUDER. The portable unit includes both balanced and unbalanced output and inputs. It has quite of bit of gain for a portable headphone amplifier and should provide plenty of juice for even the most power-hungry headphones.
They did talk about HE-6 during the interview and mentioned something like 1 ampere of voltage at the end.
Ray brought it to our meet yesterday and the high gain is 21, which will drive the HE6s. The low and medium gain were not changed so the Intruder can still be used with IEMs and other headphones not needing the extra gain. Ray also mentioned it is not just a SR71B with the DAC. He has refined it further. I don't know the details of the changes though so I will have to watch his website when he releases the information. Todd R was already trying to negotiate with Ray as at the meet he indicated he felt it was definitely and step up from his SR-71B.
I have a question here.
Can you use the alo cable for sr71b to get a balanced input? Since this thing comes with a Dac right?
so in the video above, is Ray Samuel bypassing the Dac section of the amp when using that configuration?
I'm just confused.
I am not sure I fully understand but I believe it is a USB DAC only so if you set the switches to use it the single ended or balance input, then the DAC is not in the loop and it is very similar to the SR-71B with a few additional changes like the additional High Gain of 21.
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 21 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Replacement Pads for Audio Technica ATH-M50S Questions 57 seconds ago
- › Wanted to buy - LCD 3 or HD 800 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Closest alternative to Sony MDR-v900? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)