Well, I mainly use the Intruder as an amp, and with the price I paid for (the same as the price of a SR-71B), having a working DAC section can be considered as a bonus
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 9post #121 of 25810/30/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 25810/30/12 at 2:12pmpost #123 of 25810/30/12 at 3:19pmQuote:
OK but still... I can't believe it is limited to 16/48 out of à PC or Mac !! Must be out of à smartphone That this limitation occurs ?post #124 of 25810/30/12 at 6:27pmpost #125 of 25810/30/12 at 7:54pm
What are the specs on this unit? What DAC chip is in there?
I heard it at CanJam and it drove the HE-6 plenty loud and with ease.post #126 of 25810/31/12 at 1:26am
That's quite a shame. I don't know much about all the technical stuff inside these DAC/Amp boxes, but I didn't think being able to run at least 24/96 would be a big issue now a days.
I'm sure the Intruder is still great, but I hadn't even considered it would be limited to 16/48. I was hoping it would be a decent little all-in-one solution to place between my MBP and headphones.post #127 of 25810/31/12 at 5:57ampost #128 of 25810/31/12 at 6:43am
Had a brief listen in Tokyo with LCD-3s. Sounded great using USB out of Ray's laptop. Shame about the USB limitations though, however I've seen a few designers stick to chipsets that work with the iPad CCK itself which is limited to 16/48 output when not streaming. Might be worth asking Ray about this.post #129 of 25810/31/12 at 7:30ampost #130 of 25811/3/12 at 1:33pmThuis 16/48 limitation is really a bad news. Because of this It can NOT be my universal battery Powered portable portable DAC/Amp for my MacBook air or tablet PC :-((
-->. Does someone know a super good sounding battery Powered portable USB DAC/Amp ( and "ballanced" if possible )that will support 24/192 kHz from my MacBook air or tablet PC. ( besides the Solo -dB + a portable ballanced amp)
Edited by bmichels - 11/3/12 at 2:00pmpost #131 of 25811/3/12 at 3:54pmpost #132 of 25811/4/12 at 3:30ampost #133 of 25811/4/12 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
And finally, most important,
.... I have today my complete library organized in iTune with many many hours already spent organizing the playlists, and cleaning the metadata (titles, artiste, visuals), so, is there a way to transfert all this work under an Android player, so that I do not need to create again all those playlists.
iSyncr does a good job syncing iTunes playlists to Android devices.post #134 of 25811/7/12 at 10:10am
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE HD audio lock failure on optical above 48Khz? 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...