Well, I mainly use the Intruder as an amp, and with the price I paid for (the same as the price of a SR-71B), having a working DAC section can be considered as a bonus
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 9post #121 of 25810/30/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 25810/30/12 at 2:12pmpost #123 of 25810/30/12 at 3:19pmQuote:
OK but still... I can't believe it is limited to 16/48 out of à PC or Mac !! Must be out of à smartphone That this limitation occurs ?post #124 of 25810/30/12 at 6:27pmpost #125 of 25810/30/12 at 7:54pm
What are the specs on this unit? What DAC chip is in there?
I heard it at CanJam and it drove the HE-6 plenty loud and with ease.post #126 of 25810/31/12 at 1:26am
That's quite a shame. I don't know much about all the technical stuff inside these DAC/Amp boxes, but I didn't think being able to run at least 24/96 would be a big issue now a days.
I'm sure the Intruder is still great, but I hadn't even considered it would be limited to 16/48. I was hoping it would be a decent little all-in-one solution to place between my MBP and headphones.post #127 of 25810/31/12 at 5:57ampost #128 of 25810/31/12 at 6:43am
Had a brief listen in Tokyo with LCD-3s. Sounded great using USB out of Ray's laptop. Shame about the USB limitations though, however I've seen a few designers stick to chipsets that work with the iPad CCK itself which is limited to 16/48 output when not streaming. Might be worth asking Ray about this.post #129 of 25810/31/12 at 7:30ampost #130 of 25811/3/12 at 1:33pmThuis 16/48 limitation is really a bad news. Because of this It can NOT be my universal battery Powered portable portable DAC/Amp for my MacBook air or tablet PC :-((
-->. Does someone know a super good sounding battery Powered portable USB DAC/Amp ( and "ballanced" if possible )that will support 24/192 kHz from my MacBook air or tablet PC. ( besides the Solo -dB + a portable ballanced amp)
Edited by bmichels - 11/3/12 at 2:00pmpost #131 of 25811/3/12 at 3:54pmpost #132 of 25811/4/12 at 3:30ampost #133 of 25811/4/12 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
And finally, most important,
.... I have today my complete library organized in iTune with many many hours already spent organizing the playlists, and cleaning the metadata (titles, artiste, visuals), so, is there a way to transfert all this work under an Android player, so that I do not need to create again all those playlists.
iSyncr does a good job syncing iTunes playlists to Android devices.post #134 of 25811/7/12 at 10:10am
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The Stax Thread III 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 52 seconds ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › New Computer in need of a bangforbuck set-up 5 minutes ago
- › Closed back Headphones under 250$ 7 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 7 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2