Well, I mainly use the Intruder as an amp, and with the price I paid for (the same as the price of a SR-71B), having a working DAC section can be considered as a bonus
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 9post #121 of 25810/30/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 25810/30/12 at 2:12pmpost #123 of 25810/30/12 at 3:19pmQuote:
OK but still... I can't believe it is limited to 16/48 out of à PC or Mac !! Must be out of à smartphone That this limitation occurs ?post #124 of 25810/30/12 at 6:27pmpost #125 of 25810/30/12 at 7:54pm
What are the specs on this unit? What DAC chip is in there?
I heard it at CanJam and it drove the HE-6 plenty loud and with ease.post #126 of 25810/31/12 at 1:26am
That's quite a shame. I don't know much about all the technical stuff inside these DAC/Amp boxes, but I didn't think being able to run at least 24/96 would be a big issue now a days.
I'm sure the Intruder is still great, but I hadn't even considered it would be limited to 16/48. I was hoping it would be a decent little all-in-one solution to place between my MBP and headphones.post #127 of 25810/31/12 at 5:57ampost #128 of 25810/31/12 at 6:43am
Had a brief listen in Tokyo with LCD-3s. Sounded great using USB out of Ray's laptop. Shame about the USB limitations though, however I've seen a few designers stick to chipsets that work with the iPad CCK itself which is limited to 16/48 output when not streaming. Might be worth asking Ray about this.post #129 of 25810/31/12 at 7:30ampost #130 of 25811/3/12 at 1:33pmThuis 16/48 limitation is really a bad news. Because of this It can NOT be my universal battery Powered portable portable DAC/Amp for my MacBook air or tablet PC :-((
-->. Does someone know a super good sounding battery Powered portable USB DAC/Amp ( and "ballanced" if possible )that will support 24/192 kHz from my MacBook air or tablet PC. ( besides the Solo -dB + a portable ballanced amp)
Edited by bmichels - 11/3/12 at 2:00pmpost #131 of 25811/3/12 at 3:54pmpost #132 of 25811/4/12 at 3:30ampost #133 of 25811/4/12 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
And finally, most important,
.... I have today my complete library organized in iTune with many many hours already spent organizing the playlists, and cleaning the metadata (titles, artiste, visuals), so, is there a way to transfert all this work under an Android player, so that I do not need to create again all those playlists.
iSyncr does a good job syncing iTunes playlists to Android devices.post #134 of 25811/7/12 at 10:10am
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 52 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 53 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Really confused by the fiio e9 + e7.... 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3