Well, I mainly use the Intruder as an amp, and with the price I paid for (the same as the price of a SR-71B), having a working DAC section can be considered as a bonus
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 9post #121 of 25810/30/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 25810/30/12 at 2:12pmpost #123 of 25810/30/12 at 3:19pmQuote:
OK but still... I can't believe it is limited to 16/48 out of à PC or Mac !! Must be out of à smartphone That this limitation occurs ?post #124 of 25810/30/12 at 6:27pmpost #125 of 25810/30/12 at 7:54pm
What are the specs on this unit? What DAC chip is in there?
I heard it at CanJam and it drove the HE-6 plenty loud and with ease.post #126 of 25810/31/12 at 1:26am
That's quite a shame. I don't know much about all the technical stuff inside these DAC/Amp boxes, but I didn't think being able to run at least 24/96 would be a big issue now a days.
I'm sure the Intruder is still great, but I hadn't even considered it would be limited to 16/48. I was hoping it would be a decent little all-in-one solution to place between my MBP and headphones.post #127 of 25810/31/12 at 5:57ampost #128 of 25810/31/12 at 6:43am
Had a brief listen in Tokyo with LCD-3s. Sounded great using USB out of Ray's laptop. Shame about the USB limitations though, however I've seen a few designers stick to chipsets that work with the iPad CCK itself which is limited to 16/48 output when not streaming. Might be worth asking Ray about this.post #129 of 25810/31/12 at 7:30ampost #130 of 25811/3/12 at 1:33pmThuis 16/48 limitation is really a bad news. Because of this It can NOT be my universal battery Powered portable portable DAC/Amp for my MacBook air or tablet PC :-((
-->. Does someone know a super good sounding battery Powered portable USB DAC/Amp ( and "ballanced" if possible )that will support 24/192 kHz from my MacBook air or tablet PC. ( besides the Solo -dB + a portable ballanced amp)
Edited by bmichels - 11/3/12 at 2:00pmpost #131 of 25811/3/12 at 3:54pmpost #132 of 25811/4/12 at 3:30ampost #133 of 25811/4/12 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
And finally, most important,
.... I have today my complete library organized in iTune with many many hours already spent organizing the playlists, and cleaning the metadata (titles, artiste, visuals), so, is there a way to transfert all this work under an Android player, so that I do not need to create again all those playlists.
iSyncr does a good job syncing iTunes playlists to Android devices.post #134 of 25811/7/12 at 10:10am
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Dedicated hardware based music player vs. computer as source? 27 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 33 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 54 seconds ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Troubleshoot: Squeal in headphones via balanced xlr 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1350 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...