Well, I mainly use the Intruder as an amp, and with the price I paid for (the same as the price of a SR-71B), having a working DAC section can be considered as a bonus
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALO RX MK3 vs SR-71B? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC! - Page 9post #121 of 25810/30/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 25810/30/12 at 2:12pmpost #123 of 25810/30/12 at 3:19pmQuote:
OK but still... I can't believe it is limited to 16/48 out of à PC or Mac !! Must be out of à smartphone That this limitation occurs ?post #124 of 25810/30/12 at 6:27pmpost #125 of 25810/30/12 at 7:54pm
What are the specs on this unit? What DAC chip is in there?
I heard it at CanJam and it drove the HE-6 plenty loud and with ease.post #126 of 25810/31/12 at 1:26am
That's quite a shame. I don't know much about all the technical stuff inside these DAC/Amp boxes, but I didn't think being able to run at least 24/96 would be a big issue now a days.
I'm sure the Intruder is still great, but I hadn't even considered it would be limited to 16/48. I was hoping it would be a decent little all-in-one solution to place between my MBP and headphones.post #127 of 25810/31/12 at 5:57ampost #128 of 25810/31/12 at 6:43am
Had a brief listen in Tokyo with LCD-3s. Sounded great using USB out of Ray's laptop. Shame about the USB limitations though, however I've seen a few designers stick to chipsets that work with the iPad CCK itself which is limited to 16/48 output when not streaming. Might be worth asking Ray about this.post #129 of 25810/31/12 at 7:30ampost #130 of 25811/3/12 at 1:33pmThuis 16/48 limitation is really a bad news. Because of this It can NOT be my universal battery Powered portable portable DAC/Amp for my MacBook air or tablet PC :-((
-->. Does someone know a super good sounding battery Powered portable USB DAC/Amp ( and "ballanced" if possible )that will support 24/192 kHz from my MacBook air or tablet PC. ( besides the Solo -dB + a portable ballanced amp)
Edited by bmichels - 11/3/12 at 2:00pmpost #131 of 25811/3/12 at 3:54pmpost #132 of 25811/4/12 at 3:30ampost #133 of 25811/4/12 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
And finally, most important,
.... I have today my complete library organized in iTune with many many hours already spent organizing the playlists, and cleaning the metadata (titles, artiste, visuals), so, is there a way to transfert all this work under an Android player, so that I do not need to create again all those playlists.
iSyncr does a good job syncing iTunes playlists to Android devices.post #134 of 25811/7/12 at 10:10am
- New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 23 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Watts Up...? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 7 minutes ago
- › Crow Audio Signature Edition Review 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...