Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 44

post #646 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelIish View Post

Got #910 today no special number here.

 

 

Nice photo! Annies looking very sexy in that picture.

post #647 of 3233

ANV comming next Tuesday/Wednesday . 

post #648 of 3233

I think these are bit overpriced for about 100-200$.

 

The sound quality is similar to HD 600/650, I would say more closer to HD 600. ANV has a bit of grain in the sound like just like HD 600 = less pixels. HD 650 are a bit smoother/hifi = more pixels.

 

HD650 are more darker, but I would say the ANV is a quite dark headphone too. Definitely air missing = rolled off.

 

ANV and HD 600 both quite neutral, which is nice.

 

ANV has a bigger soundstage than HD 650. HD 650 sounds a bit "mono" after the ANV.

 

I would say nice comfort, but Senns win here in my opinion. HD 600/650 are one of the most comfortable phones out there. ANV tends to move a bit on the head and the sound changes because of that. ANV is a bit sweatier too than Senns.

 

Nice cans, but overpriced. Should be around 299$.

 

From memory HE-500 definitely beats the ANV by a mile and HE-500 beats the HE-400 by a mile.

post #649 of 3233
First time i see someone said HD600/650 comfortable, guess you have very small head, K702ANV is more comfortable than the senn.
post #650 of 3233

Not to me. I don´t think my head is big or small. ANV even formed a little hot spot after listening for a while. Senns are great because there´s paddings on both sides of the head, so it divides the weight. I´ve never had hotspots with the Senns. Could wear them forever. And they don´t move around my ears changing the sound.

 

But I have to say I like the overall sound of ANV. It´s not very hifi though. If it had the "resolution" of the HD 650 and a bit more air, I´d probably like it more than the HD 650. I think it´s a good headphone, but definitely not worth what they are asking for it.

post #651 of 3233

I got 740 off amazon, ordered last saturday

post #652 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalElvis View Post

ANV is a bit sweatier too than Senns.

 

Interesting. I don't find either headphone to be particularly sweaty. For me the ANV cups feel light and airy but I have to admit that they do generate more pressure = heat than the standard editions. So I guess the memory foam / velour combo could cause sweating (and even irritation) for some people with sensitive skin. These are indeed very expensive headphones, but if you find the sound signature and the new design pleasing I would say these are worth that extra hundred (as compared to standard K702s). The retail price is indeed ridiculous, but there seems to be some pretty good deals around atm.

post #653 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalElvis View Post

ANV even formed a little hot spot after listening for a while.

 

This has to be personal. I've been using these headphones daily and never got hot spots. How long was your listening session? Can't really say which ones are ultimately more comfortable (depends on head shape etc), but with senns I could definitely see myself forgetting that I'm wearing headphones.

post #654 of 3233

I find the HD6xx series more comfortable than the Q701's, but I heard that they changed the pads on the ANV; maybe the AKG's can be more comfortable. I feel like buying them to compare to the Q701's myself since impressions are all over the place.

 

I'd mainly use them as my gaming headphones as I already have better phones; but I would definitely use it for listening once in a blue moon.

 

I doubt the ANV's would be much different to the Q701's though... I'll see, err, hear for myself.

 

beerchug.gif

post #655 of 3233

I find the Q701s to be a bit uncomfortable because the cups are too big for my head. The bottom of the cup literally touches my cheek / jawline, and it rubs when it moves.

post #656 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

 

Can't say for sure before measurements, but I believe the anniversary drivers are tuned differently to match the pad design? Not sure how they would work with standard 702s. Nevertheless, this would be interesting experiment.


The drivers are the same part number (2400Z00080), though they may be more critically matched to each other for the Annie.

post #657 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

 

Interesting. I don't find either headphone to be particularly sweaty. For me the ANV cups feel light and airy but I have to admit that they do generate more pressure = heat than the standard editions. So I guess the memory foam / velour combo could cause sweating (and even irritation) for some people with sensitive skin. These are indeed very expensive headphones, but if you find the sound signature and the new design pleasing I would say these are worth that extra hundred (as compared to standard K702s). The retail price is indeed ridiculous, but there seems to be some pretty good deals around atm.

 

I guess it´s because the earcups are bigger and cover more of my face than the HD 600/650.

post #658 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

 

This has to be personal. I've been using these headphones daily and never got hot spots. How long was your listening session? Can't really say which ones are ultimately more comfortable (depends on head shape etc), but with senns I could definitely see myself forgetting that I'm wearing headphones.

 

I get a hot spot after 30-60 minutes and I have to start moving and adjusting the headband, not fun.

post #659 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelIish View Post

Got #910 today no special number here.

 


Nice pic! It's hard to get the color accurate in photos for these.

post #660 of 3233
Funny, he has 910, and Hifiguy has 911. eek.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition