Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 39

post #571 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Really curious how this does with the Magni. I was going to sell it but if this were a good combo....

 

It will probably make it sound like a K702!

 

Sorry...bad joke.

post #572 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

Mad lust I'm so excited that you like annies! I also was blown away when got my first impressions. For the price they are my favorite cans at the moment. Actually feels pretty good when others share the same feeling I've been having with these ;)


beerchug.gif

post #573 of 3253

So torn now...I was ready to upgrade from my HD 598's to HE-400 this week...Now I'll need to reconsider. 

post #574 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieE46 View Post

So torn now...I was ready to upgrade from my HD 598's to HE-400 this week...Now I'll need to reconsider. 

 

If you are looking for a major upgrade in the bass department then HE400s are still the best bet. Planar bass is planar bass.

post #575 of 3253
Agreed. The K702 has great bass (never thought I'd say that), but the Hifiman still has the one up on them in that department. Still, the mids, highs, and soundstage....K702 Annie all the way. The bass is satisfying, even to me.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/4/13 at 1:31pm
post #576 of 3253

Yea...I'm no bass head. But I've found myself listening to electro a lot more recently so I wanted something with more bass than the Senns.

 

I care more about the clarity of the highs and soundstage more than the bass. And btw Mad Lust...your review on the Annie's was the reason I reconsidered my choice =p

 

Thanks Jerg for the response. Unfortunately, my headphone experience has been very short. The HD 598's have been my first set of audiophile headphones. I've only had them for a month and now I'm addicted to the hobby, so in short I've never experienced planar bass

post #577 of 3253
Those were really just first impressions, but I know I'm not changing my mind. I have constantly A/B-ing (one hour here and there) with the HE-400, and for the most part, the K702 Annie is what I'm constantly wanting to reach out for.
post #578 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Really curious how this does with the Magni. I was going to sell it but if this were a good combo....

 

I have the Magni & Modi already and a K702 Anniversary on order.  I'll share my impressions after I receive it.

post #579 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post

 

I have the Magni & Modi already and a K702 Anniversary on order.  I'll share my impressions after I receive it.

Awesome! Mad Lust Envy's review really got me tempted...but I need to stop buying things!! I've tried so many headphones this last year... 

post #580 of 3253
So having spent some time using them to game with the Mixamp, I noticed that these are a lot more forgiving of underpowerred amps than the older variants. I believe it's due to it's richer, fuller sound. So I believe that these will sound great even off portable amps, though being a K702, you will want to invest on some desktop power.
post #581 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Awesome! Mad Lust Envy's review really got me tempted...but I need to stop buying things!! I've tried so many headphones this last year... 

Unfortunately, my impression will have to wait. I Just found out that my order is backordered for at least 7 business days.

post #582 of 3253
702 vs hd650. who wins in mid/vocal? tongue.gif
post #583 of 3253
They both have similar forward mids, but due to the closer, more intimate soundstage, I say the HD650 wins. However, they really are about the same in forwardness of the mids, just that the Annie has a larger virtual space, so the mids dont come off as sultry. Its not a question of which is better, but which is more preferable. I do find the Annie's mids to be more integrated, while the HD650 enhances it in special, HD650 way.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/5/13 at 2:48am
post #584 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Those were really just first impressions, but I know I'm not changing my mind. I have constantly A/B-ing (one hour here and there) with the HE-400, and for the most part, the K702 Annie is what I'm constantly wanting to reach out for.

 

For me the HE-400s felt quite heavy and the cups left small opening below my ear. I get definitely better seal with annies.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

They both have similar forward mids, but due to the closer, more intimate soundstage, I say the HD650 wins. However, they really are about the same in forwardness of the mids, just that the Annie has a larger virtual space, so the mids dont come off as sultry. Its not a question of which is better, but which is more preferable. I do find the Annie's mids to be more integrated, while the HD650 enhances it in special, HD650 way.

 

Well said.

post #585 of 3253
Noticed something interesting. Hifiguy's Annie is #911, lol. Mine is #935.

What are yours, guys?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition