Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 25

post #361 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstaken View Post

More bass with a much more forward sound signature so they sound louder in direct comparison. They also sound kinda tight and not as open as the well used K701s which is what I would expect for a new pair.

 

Always nice to hear more impressions. They do open up after proper burn in. My pair feels now smoother and not as aggressive as before (after around 80 hours). I really like the increased bass and comfortability.

post #362 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logix View Post

The general sound is still a K7xx sound signature but a little bit better in everything, better bass but still not enough, a little bit more warm  and neutral in the mids, softer in the highs which is little bit too aggressive for me on the k701 and a lot more comfortable to wear than the k701.

 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Warmer and smoother sound overall and in that regards more versatile cans for larger variety of music styles. For me the bass is sufficient, but I can understand people who like even more of that thumping impact. There are some songs for me too where I wouldn't mind a little bit more thump. It all comes to personal preferences and what kind of music to listen. The T1's are definitely good headphones and my impressions were that they sound extremely smooth and silky. Not as much sparkle as in Q/Ks though. For the price I found the 65s to be better value for money (T1s are almost 2.5x times more expensive). Thanks for the impressions and keep them coming ;)

post #363 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logix View Post
I am very curious about the beyerdynamic t1 and wondering what will be the difference between the two, i have enough time to return the k702 anniversary and than i can buy the T1 but i can't compare the two side by side.. 

 

I prefer the K702 to the T1 in any aspect the T1 is not as balanced as the K702. They both have similar sound stage and sound resolution, the T1 have more bass to offer, but also more treble...I don't mind more bass, but I don't need more treble over my K702. The T1 treble spike can be a bit over the top with electronic music. Here is more info:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/595522/akg-k702-vs-beyerdynamic-t1-in-the-studio
 

1000


Edited by Acix - 12/6/12 at 5:46am
post #364 of 3282

Wow .. There is quite a significant change in sound from what I hear the last 24 hours.

there is a pink noise generator in logic pro 9 and i used it in the last 24 hours for the burn in.

In between, i've listened to music for two hours and one hour of quiet to give the driver a rest.

I also have the grado sr80 and right out of the box the k702 felt light in the low frequency compare to the grado .. but even now after only one day the difference in the low end is pretty much gone and this is quite amazing for me because i also have the akg k701 and i didn't hear any change in the sound even after 100 hours (although i just played music to burn in the k701 without any pink noise but i doubt if the pink noise is the reason for the change in the sound, i just wanted to give it a try)

So basically i really like the sound of these headphones and i don't feel like something is missing like i felt when i first heard it, but i am wondering if it can be even better with a headphones amp .. i'm thinking about spl auditor or even better for me is the spl 2control but i don't know if the headphone amp in the 2control is good enough and even if it better than the apogee ensemble headphones out which is what i'm using right now.

The spl 2control can be useful for me because my studio monitor controller doesn't have headphones amp so i can buy the 2control and i will use it as a monitor controller and a headphones amp and than i can sell the controller that i'm currently using.. anyone have experience with the spl 2control? Is it good enough as a headphones amp for the k702?


Edited by Logix - 12/6/12 at 4:36pm
post #365 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logix View Post

Wow .. There is quite a significant change in sound from what I hear the last 24 hours.

there is a pink noise generator in logic pro 9 and i used it in the last 24 hours for the burn in.

In between, i've listened to music for two hours and one hour of quiet to give the driver a rest.

I also have the grado sr80 and right out of the box the k702 felt light in the low frequency compare to the grado .. but even now after only one day the difference in the low end is pretty much gone and this is quite amazing for me because i also have the akg k701 and i didn't hear any change in the sound even after 100 hours (although i just played music to burn in the k701 without any pink noise but i doubt if the pink noise is the reason for the change in the sound, i just wanted to give it a try)

So basically i really like the sound of these headphones and i don't feel like something is missing like i felt when i first heard it, but i am wondering if it can be even better with a headphones amp .. i'm thinking about spl auditor or even better for me is the spl 2control but i don't know if the headphone amp in the 2control is good enough and even if it better than the apogee ensemble headphones out which is what i'm using right now.

The spl 2control can be useful for me because my studio monitor controller doesn't have headphones amp so i can buy the 2control and i will use it as a monitor controller and a headphones amp and than i can sell the controller that i'm currently using.. anyone have experience with the spl 2control? Is it good enough as a headphones amp for the k702?

 

At some point I had the same thoughts about the 2control, but I never got the chance to check it out. I just got the Phonitor for a good price and never spend more time, or energy looking back. I used the Apogee mini DAC which have a great hps amp section, but the Phonitor is notable better.  

post #366 of 3282

I would be interested to see what happens in Summer with the Memory Foam pads, here in Australia we get some pretty hot stinking days and the Memory foam that I have (not pads) turns almost into soft jelly type as opposed to Winter where its hard.

post #367 of 3282

Can't be bothered to keep going to subscriptions to see the activity in this thread. so just making a post

post #368 of 3282

I just ordered the Beyerdynamic T1 earlier today, It will arrive in 4 days.

The K702 Anniversary.. these headphones simply superb, very clean and pleasant sound, I still can hear things I never heard before in music I know very well, but I'm curious how they compare to the T1.. i just want to make sure i'm not missing something that could be better for me.

Comfort level of the K702 Anniversary is just perfect, really was hard for me to wear the K701 for more than an hour and the discomfort together with the lack of low frequency impact was just too much, so i decided to buy the K702 Anniversary and i glad i did because it seems like akg improved exactly the things i didn't like about the K701.

This is 400$ for the K702 Anniversary Vs 1400$ for the Beyerdynamic T1 but i will ignore the price difference in this case.. the best sounding headphone will stay.

post #369 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logix View Post

I just ordered the Beyerdynamic T1 earlier today, It will arrive in 4 days.

The K702 Anniversary.. these headphones simply superb, very clean and pleasant sound, I still can hear things I never heard before in music I know very well, but I'm curious how they compare to the T1.. i just want to make sure i'm not missing something that could be better for me.

Comfort level of the K702 Anniversary is just perfect, really was hard for me to wear the K701 for more than an hour and the discomfort together with the lack of low frequency impact was just too much, so i decided to buy the K702 Anniversary and i glad i did because it seems like akg improved exactly the things i didn't like about the K701.

This is 400$ for the K702 Anniversary Vs 1400$ for the Beyerdynamic T1 but i will ignore the price difference in this case.. the best sounding headphone will stay.

 

This is going to be interesting, focus on the sound differences is the most important... we can talk about the price again after you make your compression. BTW, 1400$ is the price of a used Phonitor, and you even can get a used HD-800 under 1K.


Edited by Acix - 12/8/12 at 4:21am
post #370 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logix View Post
it seems like akg improved exactly the things i didn't like about the K701.

This is 400$ for the K702 Anniversary Vs 1400$ for the Beyerdynamic T1 but i will ignore the price difference in this case.. the best sounding headphone will stay.

 

Yeah they have definitely improved the right things imo. It would actually be pretty amazing if you decided to keep the anniversaries :) For me the T1's just cost too much. Looking forward of your comparison and further impressions.

post #371 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logix View Post

I just ordered the Beyerdynamic T1 earlier today, It will arrive in 4 days.

The K702 Anniversary.. these headphones simply superb, very clean and pleasant sound, I still can hear things I never heard before in music I know very well, but I'm curious how they compare to the T1.. i just want to make sure i'm not missing something that could be better for me.

Comfort level of the K702 Anniversary is just perfect, really was hard for me to wear the K701 for more than an hour and the discomfort together with the lack of low frequency impact was just too much, so i decided to buy the K702 Anniversary and i glad i did because it seems like akg improved exactly the things i didn't like about the K701.

This is 400$ for the K702 Anniversary Vs 1400$ for the Beyerdynamic T1 but i will ignore the price difference in this case.. the best sounding headphone will stay.


Interesting, looking forward to this comparison :)

post #372 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

 

I prefer the K702 to the T1 in any aspect the T1 is not as balanced as the K702. They both have similar sound stage and sound resolution, the T1 have more bass to offer, but also more treble...I don't mind more bass, but I don't need more treble over my K702. The T1 treble spike can be a bit over the top with electronic music. Here is more info:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/595522/akg-k702-vs-beyerdynamic-t1-in-the-studio
 

 

 

That is very interesting. I have a pair of dual entry re cabled Q701s and I am very pleased. Since you say this about the K702 and the T1 it seems like getting a T1 would be pointless. There is plenty of bass slam and punch in the Q701s when it is supposed to be there in the music.

 

Have you considered a dual entry re cable for the K702 and bypass mini XLR altogether?

post #373 of 3282

To me the T1 have always, in every instance, been a huge facepalm. That price is inexcusable. Win win for me, since the 702 do everything better and at a much more affordable price. 


Edited by electropop - 12/8/12 at 12:23pm
post #374 of 3282

K702 Anniversary on the way....looking forward to comparing them with my Magnum v5s.

post #375 of 3282
I hate to say this but the T1 pairs perfectly with the A1 amp. No other amps in my collection have better synergy.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition