Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 215

post #3211 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

The AD2000X has remarkably low distortion, lower than any other dynamic, but is highly colored, middy, and a little slow and sloppy compared to the HD800/Q701/etc.

 

Can't speak for the non-X version.

 

The AD series aren't advertised as professional headphones.  They are for listening.  HD800/K812 and K7xx are advertised as the best you could ask for in a professional grade headphone.  Far as I know, Audio Technica don't offer any reference class professional headphone.  Just DJ.  HD800 is at an entirely different level of ingenuity than any other dynamic headphone and it's intent very different from that of any AT AD headphone...


Edited by SSandDigital - 6/25/14 at 9:11pm
post #3212 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

The AD2000X has remarkably low distortion, lower than any other dynamic, but is highly colored, middy, and a little slow and sloppy compared to the HD800/Q701/etc.

 

Can't speak for the non-X version.

 

 The older AD2000 was regarded was one of the fatest dynamique headphone out there , and even more colored than the actual AD2000X wich is a bit more linear . But i didn't find the AD2000X slow in comparison to a K702 ANV , yes their is more tichkness in the mids section but not to the point of being muddy .


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 6/25/14 at 11:08pm
post #3213 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

The AD2000X has remarkably low distortion, lower than any other dynamic, but is highly colored, middy, and a little slow and sloppy compared to the HD800/Q701/etc.

 

Can't speak for the non-X version.

 

Lower than any other dynamic ? huh ?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHAD2000X.pdf

 

bottom left chart

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf

 

HD800 for comparison


Edited by takato14 - 6/25/14 at 11:05pm
post #3214 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSandDigital View Post
 

The AD series aren't advertised as professional headphones.  They are for listening.  

All headphones are for listening, regardless of what they're "advertised as" :/


Edited by takato14 - 6/25/14 at 11:07pm
post #3215 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHAD2000X.pdf

 

bottom left chart

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf

 

HD800 for comparison


i was editing : / , didn't thought that AD2000X distorsions were so low (according to tyll measurements) .

 

But always had confort issue with AD series :( , it's why i have an K702 and HD600 now , and not an AD2000(X) :p .


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 6/25/14 at 11:15pm
post #3216 of 3321

i got the akg k240 mk2

 

anyone know how do the k702 65th and k712 compare in bass, mids, body to the k240 mk2?

post #3217 of 3321

I'm thinking of going from Fidelio X1's to these, are they a completely different sound? How's the bass?

post #3218 of 3321
The bass wise, X1 offer more quantity but IMO, Annie for the quality. And both do sound very different smily_headphones1.gif
post #3219 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenty View Post
 

I'm thinking of going from Fidelio X1's to these, are they a completely different sound? How's the bass?

the annies should be an eye-opener coming from the X1

post #3220 of 3321

I've just received a reply from spare parts salesman in Australia regarding to buying earpads and here's the reply:


 

Quote:

Hi XXXX,

 

Thank you for your email and supporting AKG. It has been passed onto me to reply.

 

Your email has been forward to me to respond to.

 

We have the earpads in stock.

 

They are not cheap because they are the new technology "gel filled cushions" and NOT the standard foam covered in cloth or leatherette.

 

You can purchase the earpads from us @ $156.75 per pair including postage and GST. Part no# 5021871.

 

If you wish to purchase a pair can you please email me your address and credit card for processing? Please also include the 3 digit CV code from the back of the card.

 

We will only charge the card once the part arrives, but require it in advance, in writing, not verbally over the phone.

If you are concerned about security over the internet, most of our customers split the card and send it in 2 separate emails that are not linked.

 

We only accept Visa, MasterCard & Bankcard

 

Regards,

 

Jesus Christ... I didn't know a pair of earpads will cost that much.

 

Is there a way to buy it for cheaper price?

post #3221 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by chococya96 View Post
Quote:
If you wish to purchase a pair can you please email me your address and credit card for processing? Please also include the 3 digit CV code from the back of the card.

 

We will only charge the card once the part arrives, but require it in advance, in writing, not verbally over the phone.

If you are concerned about security over the internet, most of our customers split the card and send it in 2 separate emails that are not linked.

what's the email you've been receiving this from, scam for sure, usually will give you a bank account number to make a wire transfer, this just looks like someone wants you to pay for his holyday :blink:

post #3222 of 3321
Even latest technology can't be that* expensive right? I rather get a pair of K712 and use the pads in that case :/
post #3223 of 3321

btw which akg's cans come by default with the gel pads?

post #3224 of 3321
I believe AKG K712 uses that pad.
post #3225 of 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post
 

what's the email you've been receiving this from, scam for sure, usually will give you a bank account number to make a wire transfer, this just looks like someone wants you to pay for his holyday :blink:

 

I first contacted official AKG customer service part administrator marlon.gonzalez@harman.com which, he told me to contact their Australian distributor bkirby@audioproducts.com.au (seems like his legit as his listed on AKG international distributor list http://www.akg.com/International+Representatives-1043.html).

 

And then he forwarded my message to spares@audioproducts.com.au which he/she is responsible for sending me that ridiculous quote.

 

It seems like their details matches as they are from the same Australian distributor company (Audio Products Groups).

 

Though that still doesn't explain the outrageous price differences...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition