or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 213

post #3181 of 3329

I have a quick question; I just bought the non-Anniversary Edition K702, and was wondering what the best method of driving it currently is (for a $150 budget).  I mainly will be using it for PC gaming (FPS mostly) and listening to music (epica, rock, dubstep and other electronic music), and so far was considering the Sound Blaster Zx sound card, but after reading a bit on these forums/elsewhere, I thought I would ask if there is a better alternative (i.e. a dedicated amp or something).  Hopefully posting here isn't a problem (even though I don't have the Anniversary Edition K702's); I made a post in the Computer Audio forum and they linked me here.  I'm relatively new to the high-end sound world, so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

 

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

 

P.S.

I must admit, I didn't want to read all 213 pages of this thread in the hope to find an answer..so my apologies if this question has already been asked elsewhere; I couldn't find it with my searches lol.

post #3182 of 3329
FiiO E07K and E09K combo is what I am using although I am getting a tube soon for more warmth IMO, the K702/65 still lacks warm to me
post #3183 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

FiiO E07K and E09K combo is what I am using although I am getting a tube soon for more warmth IMO, the K702/65 still lacks warm to me

How long have you been using your K702?  I've heard that it doesn't "warm up" (although I'm not 100% positive what that means..I'm just assuming that everything smoothes out and doesn't sound as tinny or whatever) until it's been used for 300+ hours; is that what you are experiencing, or are you referring to something else?  Thanks for the help.

 

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

post #3184 of 3329
Been using it for more than 400 hours now, got them used so the original user may have used it about 100 - 200 hours. I personally would prefer more warmth from the K702/65 smily_headphones1.gif
post #3185 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by juantendo8 View Post

 

I can't wait for the thread saying that these have way more bottom end and warmth than the K/Q7 series and are like completely different headphones. rolleyes.gif

That's some crazy ******* ESP you got going on there. >___________>

post #3186 of 3329

My stock mini XLR to 3.5mm just stopped working... I think it might have to with frequent inserting/ejecting.

 

That said, which mini XLR to 3.5mm cable do you guys recommend for annie? Seems like there are variety of selections available though I'm not sure which one to choose from.

 

Thanks, help would be appreciated it.

post #3187 of 3329

Wow, my eyes are red, trying to read  all 200+ pages of this thread.   After 13 pages, I skipped ahead.. Super info in this thread too. Trying to make up my mind on the Q701/K702 and now the Annv.

.

I slipped off where a poster was recommending the E18 to power the K702 Annv. 

 

Anybody running the E18 and the Annv.? If so, how did the E18 do?

 

I took some advice, and got the O2-ODAC too for a desktop.. Got the K550s, and haven't opened them yet. 

 

Also, I tried to see the answer to "Are the K702 Annv. made in Austria exclusively? But,  got sidetrack..

I am a 3 month old noob too, but learning by searching and reading.. 

 

The reason I asked those questions is because I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Q701 or K702, or the Annv.. Trying to make the best pick.. Money wise, the Q701 seems like the better deal. 40% more, and I can get the Annv..

 

Thanks in advance,

post #3188 of 3329
You might want to avoid pairing all these thinner sounding headphone with the O2 though @.@ they may not be the best pairing smily_headphones1.gif look into Philips X1
post #3189 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

You might want to avoid pairing all these thinner sounding headphone with the O2 though @.@ they may not be the best pairing smily_headphones1.gif look into Philips X1

Will do, 

 

Thanks:beerchug:

post #3190 of 3329

K702 ANV is not that thin , no problem with O²  (but i don't have any problem with the standard K702 with O² so :p)

post #3191 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post
 

K702 ANV is not that thin , no problem with O²  (but i don't have any problem with the standard K702 with O² so :p)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post
 

K702 ANV is not that thin , no problem with O²  (but i don't have any problem with the standard K702 with O² so :p)

Thanks for that. From what I understand, you are saying I am okay with the O2 with the K702 ANV or even the plain K702...  Cool

 

Also, I see you have the K702 ANV, and I am leaning big time on getting it. I see the K712 is the exact same price, does either one of these have an edge over one another?

 

I know the K702 ANV and the K712  have a edge over the Q701. ( I think) 

 

Thanks

post #3192 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

 

Thanks for that. From what I understand, you are saying I am okay with the O2 with the K702 ANV or even the plain K702...  Cool

 

Also, I see you have the K702 ANV, and I am leaning big time on getting it. I see the K712 is the exact same price, does either one of these have an edge over one another?

 

I know the K702 ANV and the K712  have a edge over the Q701. ( I think) 

 

Thanks

 

Well the K712 Pro bundle is more generous you have a bag transport , and two set of cables . But if you prefer K702 ANV color sheme go with it (or for the limited thing ) .

 

I don't think that K702 ANV/K712 have and edge  they are just a different flavor of K70X/Q701 . You can still buy regular K70X/Q701 and later buy K712 pro pads or do the bass mod port etc .

post #3193 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

 

I know the K702 ANV and the K712  have a edge over the Q701. ( I think) 

 

Thanks

 

I've actually got all 3! It's hard to say one definitely wins out over all the others, as Havoc mentioned. Personally I like the Q701, but I would suspect most people would pick the K712 headphone over the Q701. I noticed you have the K550 in your sig. How do you like that headphone? Any other headphones you have that you have? What do you like/dislike?

 

The K702 anniversary that is now selling new will probably be the K712, with a different cosmetic. The early K702 anniversary had a different sound from the later ones. 

post #3194 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post
 

 

Well the K712 Pro bundle is more generous you have a bag transport , and two set of cables . But if you prefer K702 ANV color sheme go with it (or for the limited thing ) .

 

I don't think that K702 ANV/K712 have and edge  they are just a different flavor of K70X/Q701 . You can still buy regular K70X/Q701 and later buy K712 pro pads or do the bass mod port etc .

 

Thanks for that feedback..  All my opinions comes from reading the various threads and looking at youtube.  The different flavor you speak of could that be the increase bass, different driver, better pads? On Amazon, the K702 Annv, and the K712, are running a cool 40% more than the Q701/K702...So, that flavor has to be 40% better, or at least I am hoping it is... I am almost sure I am getting the Annv...From what I have been reading, they are almost alike, share the same drivers, etc, and the price is EXACTLY the same on Amazon, $377 USD..

 

 

post #3195 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

I've actually got all 3! It's hard to say one definitely wins out over all the others, as Havoc mentioned. Personally I like the Q701, but I would suspect most people would pick the K712 headphone over the Q701. I noticed you have the K550 in your sig. How do you like that headphone? Any other headphones you have that you have? What do you like/dislike?

 

The K702 anniversary that is now selling new will probably be the K712, with a different cosmetic. The early K702 anniversary had a different sound from the later ones. 

The AKG K550s are still in the box, will be opening them this weekend.. I started this headphone path, about 3 months ago, with something call "Bluedios".. I quickly dumped them, and moved to the Sony, dumped the lower Sony BT for the higher Sony BT, crazy about them. Hitched on to some refurbished Harman Kardon BTs, and they are super for the $97 I paid for them..Now I want a closed back wired. Hence, for my budget, the AKG K550 were perfect. I was going for the refurbished ones for $130, but they made a mistake in my order and rectified it by letting me have a new pair of AKG K550 for $143. So, now I want to try open back, hence my interest in the AKG Q701, for $199 new, is super.. But, reading further, and sugar being thrown in, I am upped my budget, and now looking at paying close to $400 for the open back, either the Annv, or the K712..

 

I don't have a golden ear, that's for sure, I am 3 month old noob and liking every bit it of it. If I get some to sound better than the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, I think I be happy big time.. :beerchug: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition