Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 211

post #3151 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffA View Post
 

 

 

As between the K712 and Annies, which scores higher in terms of clarity and transparency?

 

They're pretty much the same in that regard. 

post #3152 of 3222

AKG won't say it but both headphones are probably almost 100% identical...

post #3153 of 3222

^

+1 

 

 

lol

post #3154 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by inasafeplace View Post
 

AKG won't say it but both headphones are probably almost 100% identical...

 

Not just that, but there's a good chance even AKG doesn't know. Every time I call into the U.S. offices I make a joke or comment about a new product and the people I talk to have never even heard of it. It seems the company has a lot of communication issues.

post #3155 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Not just that, but there's a good chance even AKG doesn't know. Every time I call into the U.S. offices I make a joke or comment about a new product and the people I talk to have never even heard of it. It seems the company has a lot of communication issues.

Either way, they make good products that we like biggrin.gif
post #3156 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by inasafeplace View Post
 

AKG won't say it but both headphones are probably almost 100% identical...

 

They are not 100% identical - the drivers (AKG calls them capsules) are small different.

 

You can see this in the different spare part # - and I know this from AKG too.

 

You could search for the frequency-response diagram of both and compare them too.


Edited by FritzS - 11/15/13 at 11:34pm
post #3157 of 3222
Has anyone ever measured the Anniversary? I don't remember it ever being measured....

Don't worry Fritz, no one is saying they're actually identical. It's been confirmed now they're a bit different sounding. They're just saying that there can't be many differences internally.
post #3158 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

Has anyone ever measured the Anniversary? I don't remember it ever being measured....

Someone special, who could it be
The job's too big for you and me
We need some help but never fear-oh
It looks like a job for Mr.Tyll @ Innerfidelity biggrin.gif

digging out some old old old oldddd memories xD
post #3159 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

Has anyone ever measured the Anniversary? I don't remember it ever being measured....

Don't worry Fritz, no one is saying they're actually identical. It's been confirmed now they're a bit different sounding. They're just saying that there can't be many differences internally.

 

 

I compared K712 Pro with a modded Q701 (the same pads as K712 Pro use). 

I could (very) little differences detect - but this was a very hard job. I use the same short music samples and switched in very short time between the both headphones. After one hour I stop this fatigued and repeated this an another day.

post #3160 of 3222

akg k702 65th ann ed for sale used 3 times

post #3161 of 3222

Just a couple of days ago, saw a pair go for $274 on ebay, were used once.

post #3162 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
 

Ok for the last couple of days I’ve been analyzing and comparing the angled spring foam K702 pads against non-angled memory foam anniversary pads in my K702 anniversaries. I’ll start my impressions by showing you a side by side photo of the pads.

 

 

 

From the photo you see that the anniversary pads are about as thick as the thinnest part of the K702 pad. The spring foam feels lighter against your skin and doesn’t compress practically at all, which means they don’t produce much heat or hot spots. With K702 pads you’re left with plenty of space between your ears and the drivers. Anniversary pads, on the other hand, compress a lot more, which means they also seal better and the drivers are located closer to your ear. Accordingly, you need less amplification in terms of loudness. The anniversary pads seem to collect a lot of dust, hair and other impurities, but they are quite easy to clean.

 

 

 

Hey Guys,

 

I have both of these ear pads and I'm not sure what the "correct" way to put either of them on is. I know how to take them off and put them back on. What I'm having trouble with is the intended position for each ear pad. For example: The AKG Q701 pad has that upward slope. Should the top of the slope be on the top, back, bottom, or front of the headphones? For some reason I feel that the top-middle of the slope should be placed on the back of the headphones. But I've been changing it up and they all feel decently comfortable (minus when the slope is on the bottom). 

 

As for the Annie pads, those are basically even all the way around, right? On those pads, will any position do?

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks


Edited by cashmoney - 12/2/13 at 8:00pm
post #3163 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmoney View Post
 

I have both of these ear pads and I'm not sure what the "correct" way to put either of them on is. I know how to take them off and put them back on. What I'm having trouble with is the intended position for each ear pad. For example: The AKG Q701 pad has that upward slope. Should the top of the slope be on the top, back, bottom, or front of the headphones? For some reason I feel that the top-middle of the slope should be placed on the back of the headphones. But I've been changing it up and they all feel decently comfortable (minus when the slope is on the bottom).

 

Thick part back.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmoney View Post
 

As for the Annie pads, those are basically even all the way around, right? On those pads, will any position do?

 

Yes any position will do.

post #3164 of 3222

Yes we need graphs. To Hell with your ears, graphs tell all. A pictures is worth a thousand notes+words.....etc. (I like graphs...obviously :D ). You can pontificate for pages using funny made-up terms, when all you really need is a stupid graph. Of course then what would be the point? 

 

Anyways, I couldn't find any. Looks like a job for Super Tyll, or whoever. 


Edited by fritz1234 - 12/11/13 at 4:55pm
post #3165 of 3222

You need the graphs to tell yourself when your ears are telling you lies........:eek:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition