Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 205

post #3061 of 3233

I'm in the club and I love them.

 

Only thing is my left cap is a little loose, and I don't know which amp to buy.  I should stay conservative on pricing, under 50-100 would be best, but I might get crazy and go higher.  Any recommendations in each price range?  I'm planning to use them mostly for audio editing and mixing, with some portable use (though now I'm looking for a good closed can for travel and field recording)... 

 

Recommendations appreciated!  

post #3062 of 3233
A used Fiio e12?
post #3063 of 3233

Thanks Mad Lust Envy, any other higher end recommendations?  The only thing is it seems it might be a shame to buy an amp that only has one output, since it might be good to plug in extra headphones if I am working on a project I would like someone else to hear.

 

I am curious, since I'm still in amazon trial period, about the main differences between the annie and the 712.  I know Chicolm mentioned a few things, but I had trouble understanding the bigger picture?  Any specific thoughts/argument of differences and or thoughts that might help me figure out if I made the right choice?

post #3064 of 3233
You said you're limited to $50-$100, which is already below the E12. If portability isn't a requirement, the Magni and E9K would both be a better choice. The E9K having more inputs (assuming you pair it up with an E17 or E07k to make it it's dac, leaving the rear input open for something else).

Audio-GD makes fantastic amp/dacs in the $250-500 range, from the NFB 11.32, to the 15.32, Compass 2...

At $250, the Schiit Asgard 2 would be a solid amp.

I wish Audio-GD would bring back the NFB-5 variants... I loved that amp/dac.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/14/13 at 2:16am
post #3065 of 3233
I'm looking to buy another cable for my cans, 1.7 meters or something, any decent euro zone store out there that I can buy from?
post #3066 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofzero View Post

I'm looking to buy another cable for my cans, 1.7 meters or something, any decent euro zone store out there that I can buy from?


I've never used them before, but this place does cables that look decent and are well priced:

 

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=34

post #3067 of 3233

Does anybody else have the K702 65th Anniversary Edition made in China or I am the only lucky one? 

Just got them from one of Amazon sellers and gonna return this piece of crap right away. Are all AKG headphones made in China nowadays? These were advertised as hand-crated and individually tested in Vienna, Austria, but this turned out to be done in China now. This is ridiculous! Why the hell they still cost so much? I paid almost $500 for them! I still have made-in-Austria K100 and K400 bought around 10 years ago. The first ones cost me as litte as 50 bucks back then and apart from the design they are not any worse than this overpriced Chinese junk. The sound quality and materials of K100 are even better. Not to mention the K400. Somehow they managed to make even the cheapest models properly 10 years ago. Extremely disappointed with these new headphones. Going this way, I guess in 10 years their headphones are gonna be designed and engineered in China, not just assembled there. Good luck.


Edited by Antuan5 - 10/19/13 at 4:23am
post #3068 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antuan5 View Post
 

Does anybody else have the K702 65th Anniversary Edition made in China or I am the only lucky one? 

Just got them from one of Amazon sellers and gonna return this piece of crap right away. Are all AKG headphones made in China nowadays? These were advertised as hand-crated and individually tested in Vienna, Austria, but this turned out to be done in China now. This is ridiculous! Why the hell they still cost so much? I paid almost $500 for them! I still have made-in-Austria K100 and K400 bought around 10 years ago. The first ones cost me as litte as 50 bucks back then and apart from the design they are not any worse than this overpriced Chinese junk. The sound quality and materials of K100 are even better. Not to mention the K400. Somehow they managed to make even the cheapest models properly 10 years ago. Extremely disappointed with these new headphones. Going this way, I guess in 10 years their headphones are gonna be designed and engineered in China, not just assembled there. Good luck.

 

You got ripped off. Amazon sellers aren't authorized dealers (usually). Amazon ITSELF is, but anyone can sell through amazon.

If its made in China, I'd say its definitely a fake...

 

You can get em for $400 here: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/akg-k702-65th-anniversary-limited-edition-headphone

The entire site has a $100 instant off $399+ using the code at the bottom. I got mine there.

post #3069 of 3233
Mine says made in Austria on the outer cup where yours say made in china, not sure what's going on there.
post #3070 of 3233
You can contact AKG to make sure they didn't move production of these to China.
post #3071 of 3233

AFAIK the only AKGs made in Austria now are the K712 Pro and upcoming K812.  So I doubt it's fake.  You can contact AKG to be sure.  I'm a little surprised to see the Anniversary edition showing up there though.  I thought their production would run out before that happened, and they seem a little less "Special Edition" when not being made in Austria.  Maybe AKG decided they weren't so "limited edition" after all, and decided to keep making them as long as people buy them.  Regardless of where they were made, if you payed nearly 500 I think you overpayed a bit considering most people get them for <375.

 

I'm surprised at how negative your reaction is to a headphone made in China though.  Chinese production has gotten much better over the years, and assembling these headphones isn't rocket-science.  It's just people snapping together pieces, aka hand-assembled - not really "hand-crafted".  If you absolutely must have a made in Austria headphone, I'd say get the K712 but you can probably expect the same "piece of crap" build and sound quality that you have with those Anniversaries.
 


Edited by chicolom - 10/19/13 at 2:35pm
post #3072 of 3233
Exactly. Look at Hifiman. All Chinese, and highly praised.

I doubt it's any different than the ones made in Austria. As long as the specs remain the same, I doubt it makes the Annie any worse. People just have to get over this nonsense prejudice over thngs made in China. As long as you bought it from a legitimate seller, i wouldn't have any worries.

In either case, the K70x line isn't exactly cost effective to produce and fake. It's a complex design. It'd be pretty easy to tell if it's a fake. That one looks just as good as an Austrian Annie.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/19/13 at 2:39pm
post #3073 of 3233

Well in this case I'd be quite angry if mine were made in china, since it says on the box, as a feature, that it was "handcrafted" in Austria.

 

Also, his set quite possible could have crap build quality if its a fake.

post #3074 of 3233
Just like what MLE says to contact AKG. If AKG says its one of there's then I wouldn't worry and enjoy them.
post #3075 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanpandaChan View Post
 

 

You got ripped off. Amazon sellers aren't authorized dealers (usually). Amazon ITSELF is, but anyone can sell through amazon.

If its made in China, I'd say its definitely a fake...

 

You can get em for $400 here: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/akg-k702-65th-anniversary-limited-edition-headphone

The entire site has a $100 instant off $399+ using the code at the bottom. I got mine there.

 

I just bought a pair this week from razordogaudio with the $100 coupon, mine say "Made in Austria".

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition