or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 183

post #2731 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post


Hello. If it's not too late for recommendation I'm using my K702 with an ALO PanAm tube/hybrid amplifier and it sound really good. Got good synergy and the built in DAC is pretty decent too. The tubes option are cheap too. Bonus!


Thats simply a great idea! What kind of music do you listen to?


Edited by musiclife - 7/12/13 at 8:00am
post #2732 of 3329

Been comparing the new K712 pro vs K702-65 with a variety of amps including the MF v8 that was used in the K702-65 review. The new K712 pro is not a dress changed K702-65. IMO, k702-65 is still the KING of the K7xx series.

 

 

Reply
post #2733 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

Been comparing the new K712 pro vs K702-65 with a variety of amps including the MF v8 that was used in the K702-65 review. The new K712 pro is not a dress changed K702-65. IMO, k702-65 is still the KING of the K7xx series.

 

 

 

You have a little AKG festival going on there! How much burn in do you have on the K712 Pro? How do the K702-65 stack up against those Sennheisers in your opinion? I'm REALLY liking my K702-65! They are amazing headphones with the right amp and break in period.

post #2734 of 3329

Have any of you spent quality time with both the 702 65th Anni and the HiFiMAN re-272?  

 

I've owned the re-272 for a year, and I love the sound signature: extended highs without harshness, rich mids with perfect clarity and extended but tight bass.

 

I'm looking for an open-back, over-the-ear headphone with a similar sound sig.  Is the 702 65th Anni a good candidate?

post #2735 of 3329
Counterfeit or not?

I would like to buy new k702 65th anniversary edition headphones. As far as I know this product was manufactured in little sample of 3000 units. Seller says that serial number is AK3575-0035xx.
Any thoughts if this product is authentic if its serial number is higher than 3000?
By the way, what is your serial number?
post #2736 of 3329

I don't think they were ever limited to 3000, wasn't that just a rumor?

post #2737 of 3329
Akg has mentioned that the numbers aren't sequential, and they skip. Also, the production number seems to be 6000 in the end, not 3000.

The K70x would be very, very hard to counterfeit. I doubt it. The process of making those headphones is quite complex.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/9/13 at 8:36am
post #2738 of 3329

There are easier targets for a copy for sure... in some cases the copy even features better sound quality because it would have been to complicated to fake the original in that respect I guess ;-)

Besides the non-sequential nature they normally use some offset, i.e. production does not start with unit #1 but 100 (or whatever), with lower numbers being used for testing samples etc.

post #2739 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Akg has mentioned that the numbers aren't sequential, and they skip. Also, the production number seems to be 6000 in the end, not 3000.

The K70x would be very, very hard to counterfeit. I doubt it. The process of making those headphones is quite complex.

 

Not really that hard to make a fake pair, but as far as anyone has found, the market to sell fake high end headphones is just too small.

post #2740 of 3329
It would be ridiculously easy to spot a fake. The complex construction of the K70x line wouldn't be simple to duplicate, and I'm sure something like the headband buttons, to grill's inner workings would be a nightmare to copy in comparison to somethiong like the Beats, etc.
post #2741 of 3329

Thanks for answers! Your arguments make a lot of sense.

Does anybody here have a serial number of their AKG K702 LE greater than 3000?

post #2742 of 3329

Yes, someone on this thread received a pair with a serial above 3000 in exchange for a defective pair as far as I remember. Look through the photos for this thread, he posted one.

post #2743 of 3329

Wow...just bought a brand new Annie for $350. Was going to get the K712 pro, but after reading about it it looks like the Annie is still the King. Can't wait for this to arrive. Really looking forward to try this superb headphone:-) Going to get a Schiit Lyr soon as well, and hope that they'll be a match made in heaven:-)
 

post #2744 of 3329

Good luck to you, sir.

post #2745 of 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo21 View Post

Wow...just bought a brand new Annie for $350. Was going to get the K712 pro, but after reading about it it looks like the Annie is still the King. Can't wait for this to arrive. Really looking forward to try this superb headphone:-) Going to get a Schiit Lyr soon as well, and hope that they'll be a match made in heaven:-)
 


Word of caution: avoid the JJ tubes with the Lyr for the Annies. I tested a friend's Lyr with those tubes using the Annies... just a nasty sound to me ears, way too harsh.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition