Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Page 96

post #1426 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2enty3 View Post


Oh man, you make me wanna try the HD700's out. Although living in canada, that would mean buying these for close to MSRP... with no chance of auditioning them before hand.

 

*sigh*

Which whereabouts of Canada? There are a few places in Montreal where you can try them and get them below retail

post #1427 of 3233

Do feel that HD700 may have better match with your system to, which is very important factor, next to your preferences of course.

 

THX

Quote:
Originally Posted by toschek View Post

Yeah, I saw those graphs too, but in all honesty they sound good to me.

I don't doubt Purrin's measurements or experience with them but subjectively I enjoy them more, graphs be damned. With the right tubes they are a real pleasure.

The Annies are still great and that's why I keep qualifying everything I'm saying with words like "subjective", "taste", etc. In fact, if I could afford it I'd keep both.

That said, I get that you don't like HD700s & I think that's fine. People are welcome to listen to both and come to their own opinion on the merits of each. It's just cool that there are so many choices out there.
post #1428 of 3233
Huh? The Annie is one of the most balanced headphones, if not THE most balanced headphone I've ever heard. No pesky peaks anywhere.
post #1429 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Huh? The Annie is one of the most balanced headphones, if not THE most balanced headphone I've ever heard. No pesky peaks anywhere.

 

Looking forward to see a proper in-depth measurement... Otherwise, I have to stay away.

post #1430 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post

Looking forward to see a proper in-depth measurement... Otherwise, I have to stay away.

Guarantee you the tonal balance/signature would fall between your two main headphones.
post #1431 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Guarantee you the tonal balance/signature would fall between your two main headphones.

 

I am actually selling my LCD-2... HD800 are exactly what I wanted.

 

However, if someone properly measure Annies, I will get a pair for my girlfriend... Right now, I am considering K701 (for the soundstage and price), HD650 (for the price in Europe, calm nature and comfort) and Annies (for tonal and overall balance).


Edited by RustA - 2/21/13 at 7:48am
post #1432 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post

However, if someone properly measure Annies, I will get a pair for my girlfriend

 

What does measuring them have to do with getting them for your girlfriend.

post #1433 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

What does measuring them have to do with getting them for your girlfriend.

 

I would actually see how they compare with the other two headphones I mentioned above... If they are so much good as some people suggest, it should be visible in waterfall plots and other graphs.

 

Without that, I would just spend 500USD completely blindly... I don't want to do that.


Edited by RustA - 2/21/13 at 10:19am
post #1434 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post

 

I would actually see how they compare with the other two headphones I mentioned above... If they are so much good as some people suggest, it should be visible in waterfall plots and other graphs.

 

Without that, I would just spend 500USD completely blindly... I don't want to do that.

It probably will looks VERY close to this:

 

 

Except perhaps a bit less treble and more bass hump.

 

I do not expect it to look any more different.

 

Remember, the driver is untouched, general themes in the FR/CSD will stay the same, just shifts in levels.

post #1435 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post

 

I would actually see how they compare with the other two headphones I mentioned above... If they are so much good as some people suggest, it should be visible in waterfall plots and other graphs.

 

Without that, I would just spend 500USD completely blindly... I don't want to do that.

 

As opposed to... subjective impressions and reviews?

post #1436 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

As opposed to... subjective impressions and reviews?

 

I feel that both sides are important, subjective and objective... I am really glad that these Annies exist as they so far look like "K70x headphones finally done right". However, I still need to see some measurements in order to complete my view.

 

By the way, if anyone is willing to answer, I wonder (K701 vs Annies):

 

1) Imaging and soundstage? Which one is better in this (should sound natural, of course)?

2) Bass - is the bass of Annies natural, without any humps around 80 - 150khz in order to make them "fuller/more bassy"? I would rather have less apparent bass but it needs to be realistic = linearity + separation from the other instruments.

 

My girlfriend so far likes both LCD-2 and HD800 but definitely prefer HD800 because of the same attributes (much superior soundstage, imaging, separation and significantly more detail). Therefore I will most probably go with K701 or Annies and forget HD650.

post #1437 of 3233

Why not get second pair of 800s then? From those options I would go for annies or 650s just because of that extra comfort.

post #1438 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post

 

I feel that both sides are important, subjective and objective... I am really glad that these Annies exist as they so far look like "K70x headphones finally done right". However, I still need to see some measurements in order to complete my view.

 

By the way, if anyone is willing to answer, I wonder (K701 vs Annies):

 

1) Imaging and soundstage? Which one is better in this (should sound natural, of course)?

2) Bass - is the bass of Annies natural, without any humps around 80 - 150khz in order to make them "fuller/more bassy"? I would rather have less apparent bass but it needs to be realistic = linearity + separation from the other instruments.

 

My girlfriend so far likes both LCD-2 and HD800 but definitely prefer HD800 because of the same attributes (much superior soundstage, imaging, separation and significantly more detail). Therefore I will most probably go with K701 or Annies and forget HD650.

What kind of music does your girlfriend like?

 

All most of my ex girlfriends and current wife have terrible taste in music. MTV pap, heavily compressed commercial drivel. So do you think its wise to be spending that much on headphones? I bought my wife some $5 in ears for xmas and she loves them! They're pink.

What will your girlfriend be using ampwise? Only, the K's are notoriously sketchy in this department, but the general consensus is power, lots of current. Otherwise they'll sound a wee bit thin and lacklustre. I defo wouldn't recommend the AKG's if she'll be using them with an iphone for instance. They are harder to drive properly than both HE500 and LCD2's IMO.

 

Are you sure... She wouldn't much more prefer some beats?? Nice pink ones?  bigsmile_face.gif

 

(this is not a go at women in general only my ex's so don't even think about puling the sexist card!)

post #1439 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

What kind of music does your girlfriend like?

 

All most of my ex girlfriends and current wife have terrible taste in music. MTV pap, heavily compressed commercial drivel. So do you think its wise to be spending that much on headphones? I bought my wife some $5 in ears for xmas and she loves them! They're pink.

What will your girlfriend be using ampwise? Only, the K's are notoriously sketchy in this department, but the general consensus is power, lots of current. Otherwise they'll sound a wee bit thin and lacklustre. I defo wouldn't recommend the AKG's if she'll be using them with an iphone for instance. They are harder to drive properly than both HE500 and LCD2's IMO.

 

Are you sure... She wouldn't much more prefer some beats?? Nice pink ones?  bigsmile_face.gif

 

(this is not a go at women in general only my ex's so don't even think about puling the sexist card!)

 

My girlfriend is so lovely... She loves the same music as I do (+ folk and classical a bit)... Well, she is a lot like me, regarding the hobbies, life philosophy etc. tongue_smile.gif

 

Ampwise? The same as I do... O2/ODAC combo!

 

And yes, she loves HD800 as much as I do! But she doesn't want that much expensive headphones (even though I will be the one who pays)...

 

EDIT: Hehe, Beats... She likes pink and red a lot (I promised her a red car for us in the future, LOL) but as for headphones, she definitely prefers quality! basshead.gif


Edited by RustA - 2/21/13 at 11:48am
post #1440 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

Which whereabouts of Canada? There are a few places in Montreal where you can try them and get them below retail


I'm to the  west in Calgary. To my knowledge, there aren't any stores with high-end on display over here. The most expensive I got to audition was the HD600 and they had the price tagged at $600...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition