Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 653  

post #9781 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

ikr. Wqy better personality than hurdurrevenge kerrigan for me.

 

Kerrigan was pretty cool, but Abathur was just a big ball of fun. He was diabolical and yet I found him somewhat touchingly innocent too.

 

"Unclear."

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

To me, the key event this month is the knew album by  The Knife after soooo long. But maybe that's just me :)

 

Nah, not just you. I'm super excited too!

post #9782 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post


The OR5 is getting very high praise from some folks I typically trust for non-BS impressions, so I'm really curious about it. Basically they felt it made a very big difference in what they were hearing over other stuff they've tried before like the Audiophilio. They went into it with a highly skeptical attitude not expecting much in the way of gains.

 

Apparently Empirical has a money back guarantee, so that's enticing too. Even if they're attributing the improvements to unicorn horn powder and mermaid scales, I'd be down for one if I could hear definite improvements.

 

Money back guarantee is pretty nice, I'm pretty set on trying an offramp one day, I might need to try to organise a comparison with someone locally who has one, but they are fairly rare.  Same goes for Berkeley Alpha USB, pretty hard to come by.  I have only seen one negative impression of the OffRamp against many positive, as well as questionable measurements in terms of jitter performance, but as you say money back guarantee negates the risk, and measurements are not the whole picture even when it comes to digital transports.  Next upgrade for me will probably be the Berkeley Alpha USB, probably in a month or so.  OffRamp maybe after that, once the updates for the OffRamp are implemented.

post #9783 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

 

Kerrigan was pretty cool, but Abathur was just a big ball of fun. He was diabolical and yet I found him somewhat touchingly innocent too.

 

"Unclear."

 

 

Nah, not just you. I'm super excited too!

 

Kerrigan had much more appeal once I realised she is Borg Queen from Star Trek:

 

post #9784 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


You might be the fellow to talk to then. Any idea on a good storefront that sells Darstalker figurines at acceptable non gouge out your eyes prices? I'm trying to find a Lilith and Victor figurine.

If we're talking about resin figures, those are sky high no matter what, but this PVC figure looks really nice and is priced reasonably:

http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Savior-Lilith-Figure-Normal/dp/B000HK35BY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_4

This Victor action figure doesn't look bad either:

http://www.amazon.com/Darkstalkers-3-Victor-Ghost-Professor/dp/B001JE6226

My favorite figures are the Figma poseable figures, but those things cost an arm and a leg, but they tend to be really hi quality, capture the look of the characters and are highly poseable

I want this Figma Link so bad: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

New Kurt Vile and James Blake tomorrow. New Flaming Lips the week after that. Already out: new Waaves, Tyler the Creator, Low, and Youth Lagoon.

Good month for music.

Can't wait for new Lips. Loved Embryonic's sinister sound
post #9785 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

My favorite figures are the Figma poseable figures, but those things cost an arm and a leg, but they tend to be really hi quality, capture the look of the characters and are highly poseable

I want this Figma Link so bad: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189772
Can't wait for new Lips. Loved Embryonic's sinister sound

$33 doesn't seem too bad. Paid rather more than that for my ME3 Garrus and Tali figures.

post #9786 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

$33 doesn't seem too bad. Paid rather more than that for my ME3 Garrus and Tali figures.

If you're lucky enough to preorder I guess. I'm used to seeing crazy inflated prices since the popular series' figures tend to be snatched up rather quickly
post #9787 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


If you're lucky enough to preorder I guess. I'm used to seeing crazy inflated prices since the popular series' figures tend to be snatched up rather quickly

Yeah. I wanted one of the 18.5" Reaper figs from Dark Horse(run of 1000). They sold out in minutes of going on sale, it's not as if they were cheap limited editions at $350 each. Crazy. Pretty sure I'd get price gouged if I wanted to get one second hand.

post #9788 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Nah, not just you. I'm super excited too!
just bought the flac.
post #9789 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Yeah. I wanted one of the 18.5" Reaper figs from Dark Horse(run of 1000). They sold out in minutes of going on sale, it's not as if they were cheap limited editions at $350 each. Crazy. Pretty sure I'd get price gouged if I wanted to get one second hand.

That's what I mean. Unless you're on HLJ or 1999's mailing list or something, you won't know when preorders open up. I mean... Good luck tryin to score something from Evangelion for instance, that stuff goes really fast, and next thing you know, you're staring at $80-100+ figures with MSRPs of $30 :l
post #9790 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

$33 doesn't seem too bad. Paid rather more than that for my ME3 Garrus and Tali figures.

 

Wow, I would never even think of buying a Tali figure.  But now that I've thought of it....

post #9791 of 21761

Not sure if any of you guys are into film making, but I just saw something awesome. This contraption, MoVI, is a motion-stabilizing gyro that's gonna make Steadicams essentially obsolete. Yes, it's pro-level equipment, but imagine in a few years when this thing gets incorporated into consumer-level stuff.

 

Even if you're not into equipment, the short is still worth watching, as it's a highly kinetic piece shot by Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer and director Vincent LaForet:

 

 

Behind the Scenes:

post #9792 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuroth View Post

Wow, I would never even think of buying a Tali figure.  But now that I've thought of it....
I recommend the Kai Arts Play figures if you want a Mass Effect fig.
post #9793 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

If we're talking about resin figures, those are sky high no matter what, but this PVC figure looks really nice and is priced reasonably:

http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Savior-Lilith-Figure-Normal/dp/B000HK35BY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_4

This Victor action figure doesn't look bad either:

http://www.amazon.com/Darkstalkers-3-Victor-Ghost-Professor/dp/B001JE6226

My favorite figures are the Figma poseable figures, but those things cost an arm and a leg, but they tend to be really hi quality, capture the look of the characters and are highly poseable

I want this Figma Link so bad: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189772
Can't wait for new Lips. Loved Embryonic's sinister sound

Thanks for the link. The Victor action figure looks pretty good I'm just not digging the 15 dollar shipping. I'm with you as far as some of the figurines being stupidly priced sky high. I wish there were less flippers involved in hobbies and more enthusiasts. I sometimes wish I lived in Japan or knew someone there, they always seem to have the great looking collectables.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 4/8/13 at 1:24pm
post #9794 of 21761

Just found this. Awesome.
Edited by jgray91 - 4/8/13 at 1:33pm
post #9795 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


Just found this. Awesome.

This ^^ is when they are at their best, when it is just the two of them and their guitars. Their most recent album  has a 13-piece Cuban group playing with them and it basically drowns out the wonderful guitar work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2