Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 640  

post #9586 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Most colleges should be done by May 10th, so any time after that should work.

Good to know. In that case, you should be in the clear as far as that's concerned.
post #9587 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I've had one heck of a day today. The highlights are as follows:

I got my replacement MKIII today. The good news it came with all expected knobs and seems to sound just fine. The bad news I got nailed for duties A SECOND TIME. Because dumb ALO didn't mark on the package the amp was a replacement unit I now have to go through the aggravation of trying to get my money back from customs.

For whatever reason today I had to put up with a slew of very rude arrogant people and a even bigger slew of people who thought they were to good to pay two bits for a bus ride. Someone being down on their luck I can understand but when it's just some fancy dressed so and so who happens to live in a upper middle class area of suburbia whose trying to scam a ride because he/she thinks they can I see red. Needless to say those kinds of people disgust me especially when they can easily afford a bus ride. All I have left to say on the subject is my dad was right. Just because someone has money or likes to act like they have money doesn't mean they have any class.

As you all may know I've had power outages in my area of town over the last few days. This afternoon while I was at work the freaking power went out yet again this time while my mom was on her computer. Twenty minutes later the power was restored. When my mom turned on the computer her tower powered up OK but the 21 inch monitor I bought her as a Xmas gift 2 years ago didn't. Because Manitoba Hydro is run by a bunch of incompetent boobs my moms monitor which was a gift from me was fried by some stupid power surge. I've since called the power companies customer service line only to be given the run around by some Jane Lunch Pail with a condescending attitude who couldn't be bothered to hit a couple of buttons and provide a number for this sort of complaint. Her attitude changed rather quick when I tore her a new one and told her I was going to lodge a complaint concerning her incompetence. After hanging up and recalling the customer service line and talking to someone else I was promptly given a number to call tomorrow and supposedly someone there should be able to give me some answers concerning my demand that the stupid power company replace my moms monitor.

I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen for waltzing in on the thread breathing so much fire. On the good side of the coin I have my replacement MKIII setup on my laptop desk driving my M-100's as I type this. I have BPM Magazine's That Trance Mix 2 CD spinning and it's slowly starting to mellow me out. So was everyone elses day as fun filled as mine?

Sorry your day sucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Most colleges should be done by May 10th, so any time after that should work.

Good to know. In that case, you should be in the clear as far as that's concerned.
post #9588 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post


Good to know. In that case, you should be in the clear as far as that's concerned.

 

Just make sure we don't schedule the meet on the day of my dentist appointment.

 

 

 

 

Kidding biggrin.gif

 

I think that was the last of the April Fools left in me..

post #9589 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I've had one heck of a day today. The highlights are as follows:

I got my replacement MKIII today. The good news it came with all expected knobs and seems to sound just fine. The bad news I got nailed for duties A SECOND TIME. Because dumb ALO didn't mark on the package the amp was a replacement unit I now have to go through the aggravation of trying to get my money back from customs.

For whatever reason today I had to put up with a slew of very rude arrogant people and a even bigger slew of people who thought they were to good to pay two bits for a bus ride. Someone being down on their luck I can understand but when it's just some fancy dressed so and so who happens to live in a upper middle class area of suburbia whose trying to scam a ride because he/she thinks they can I see red. Needless to say those kinds of people disgust me especially when they can easily afford a bus ride. All I have left to say on the subject is my dad was right. Just because someone has money or likes to act like they have money doesn't mean they have any class.

As you all may know I've had power outages in my area of town over the last few days. This afternoon while I was at work the freaking power went out yet again this time while my mom was on her computer. Twenty minutes later the power was restored. When my mom turned on the computer her tower powered up OK but the 21 inch monitor I bought her as a Xmas gift 2 years ago didn't. Because Manitoba Hydro is run by a bunch of incompetent boobs my moms monitor which was a gift from me was fried by some stupid power surge. I've since called the power companies customer service line only to be given the run around by some Jane Lunch Pail with a condescending attitude who couldn't be bothered to hit a couple of buttons and provide a number for this sort of complaint. Her attitude changed rather quick when I tore her a new one and told her I was going to lodge a complaint concerning her incompetence. After hanging up and recalling the customer service line and talking to someone else I was promptly given a number to call tomorrow and supposedly someone there should be able to give me some answers concerning my demand that the stupid power company replace my moms monitor.

I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen for waltzing in on the thread breathing so much fire. On the good side of the coin I have my replacement MKIII setup on my laptop desk driving my M-100's as I type this. I have BPM Magazine's That Trance Mix 2 CD spinning and it's slowly starting to mellow me out. So was everyone elses day as fun filled as mine?
 

 

Hopefully this cheers you up

 

post #9590 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Austin is a little out of my reach, but I'd be willing to drive down to Dallas. Just remind me when the time comes around. Hopefully I won't be on rotation/drowning in exams.
Down? Where from?
post #9591 of 21761

You gotta love Canadian metal

P.S..

Hey eke, check out the first 40 seconds of the first video and hear for yourself what a real metal scream can sound like when done by someone who knows what hes doing.

 

 


Edited by DigitalFreak - 4/2/13 at 11:44pm
post #9592 of 21761

Sadly (or not so sadly in my case as post-rock is my predominant genre of choice) Canadians will be remembered more or less in the modern scene for their hippie post-rock and Justin Bieber.

Do prefer my Japanese stuff a bit more though :3

 

Wow those are pretty generic live performances, need to work harder to find better ones, but these are off the top of my head.

post #9593 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post


Do prefer my Japanese stuff a bit more though :3

Wow those are pretty generic live performances, need to work harder to find better ones, but these are off the top of my head.

Considering you're in BC you should look up an old BC 90's band who had their run when grunge was all the rage on the west coast. Look into the band called Moist specifically the albums Silver and Creature. Freaky Be Beautiful Low Low Low and Machine Punch Through were especially good songs on the Silver album. On the Creature album I personally liked Tangerine, Baby Skin Tattoo and Disco Days. It might be your thing or it might not. Considering Moist was all the rage for awhile I'd be surprised if you didn't at least recognize one or two songs.
post #9594 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
Considering you're in BC you should look up an old BC 90's band who had their run when grunge was all the rage on the west coast. Look into the band called Moist specifically the albums Silver and Creature. Freaky Be Beautiful Low Low Low and Machine Punch Through were especially good songs on the Silver album. On the Creature album I personally liked Tangerine, Baby Skin Tattoo and Disco Days. It might be your thing or it might not. Considering Moist was all the rage for awhile I'd be surprised if you didn't at least recognize one or two songs.

Oh boy Moist. Yes, it was once very Moist down in the Lower Mainland. No pun intended. I wasn't there at the time personally but people are still as nostalgic as always.

 

Silver is quite good, yes. Picture Elvis and Freaky Be Beautiful for me. Would have never been exposed to it if it hadn't been for someone down at a volunteer center. Got me into a lot of stuff.

 

Sadly the Asian scene has engorged itself to the point where I'm not able to be as exposed to the good stuff as I once was. Mostly following the very small Black/Death metal scene in Vancouver as there's really nothing else noteworthy nowadays, really stagnant. Of course there's always a cookie-cutter pop punk band with some silly rig every week or so.

post #9595 of 21761

I remember Moist.  Silver was ok.  Machine Punch Through was probably better.  Tangerine, if it's the one I'm thinking of, probably the best of the bunch.

post #9596 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Oh boy Moist. Yes, it was once very Moist down in the Lower Mainland. No pun intended. I wasn't there at the time personally but people are still as nostalgic as always.

Silver is quite good, yes. Picture Elvis and Freaky Be Beautiful for me. Would have never been exposed to it if it hadn't been for someone down at a volunteer center. Got me into a lot of stuff.

Sadly the Asian scene has engorged itself to the point where I'm not able to be as exposed to the good stuff as I once was. Mostly following the very small Black/Death metal scene in Vancouver as there's really nothing else noteworthy nowadays, really stagnant. Of course there's always a cookie-cutter pop punk band with some silly rig every week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuroth View Post

I remember Moist.  Silver was ok.  Machine Punch Through was probably better.  Tangerine, if it's the one I'm thinking of, probably the best of the bunch.

I know the band is no more and it's members disappeared but the lead singer David Usher is still active in the music scene. I should look into some of his solo stuff.
post #9597 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I know the band is no more and it's members disappeared

 

Do you mean they're on hiatus, or is there an episode of Unsolved Mysteries I should look up?

post #9598 of 21761
3 posts in nearly 18 hours. You guys are letting me down.
post #9599 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

3 posts in nearly 18 hours. You guys are letting me down.

 

It's like that all over HF today.  You know who I blame it on.  wink.gif  In the past few days, he's found something better than his HFI-580, so he's now trying to sell them here.

post #9600 of 21761
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2