or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 612  

post #9166 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Right now Im listening to a 5 dollar speaker connected to my cheap portable amp........Sounds quite nice............... A bit source dependent though confused_face_2.gif

 

Wait does that mean I have to hand in my head fier badge?  

 

Whatever gets you there man. The point is your music, not the gear. It sounds cliche but I've been in deep lurk mode in so many different threads over the past week, and it seems people forget why we got in the hobby in the first place.

post #9167 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Whatever gets you there man. The point is your music, not the gear. It sounds cliche but I've been in deep lurk mode in so many different threads over the past week, and it seems people forget why we got in the hobby in the first place.


Deep lurk mode is the best mode to be in on a site like this. Being the proverbial fly on the wall and not having a dog in the fight works out in that you can make a decision away from the hype. I should know, I've been in deep lurk mode on 90% of the threads I follow. This thread is the only thread I let my hair down and kick up my heels to relax in.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/27/13 at 10:17pm
post #9168 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Deep lurk mode is the best mode to be in on a site like this. Being the proverbial fly on the wall and not having a dog in the fight works out in that you can make a decision away from the hype.

I haven't got any other mode, thanks to limited finances.

post #9169 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Right now Im listening to a 5 dollar speaker connected to my cheap portable amp........Sounds quite nice............... A bit source dependent though confused_face_2.gif

 

Wait does that mean I have to hand in my head fier badge?  

 


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #9170 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

You see what I was saying about the awesome earlier?  And you still doubt me...  tongue.gif

You'll never let that up, will you? tongue.gif

 

Nope.  And deep down, you know I'm write.  wink.gif 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333jeffery View Post

I wouldn't dream of spoiling Infinite, it's far too good a story to give away the goodies on it. I'm playing the pc version, and it looks great at 2500x1600. The city of Columbia is the real star of the game. When you first see it, you'll gasp at how cool it is. That's very rare in games, nowadays.

 

Okay, we're going to have somewhat of a different experience then.  Best I can hope for is 1080 out of the X360.  And thanks for not spoiling the game BTW.  smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I just came in from a mini meet. More pics and a video to follow soon.

 

 

Wait, is it my imagination, or did you like just have a meet not too long ago?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Aren't the amps $15k? Too much for a poor man like me. With that money I'd buy myself a violin. Or a TOTL rig. Orpheus probably. 

 

Well, they make cables primarily... and the quality is outside of my budget as well.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #9171 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Okay, we're going to have somewhat of a different experience then.  Best I can hope for is 1080 out of the X360.  And thanks for not spoiling the game BTW.  smile.gif

It's a very good game(as he said, 1600p is great). I feel the ethical undercurrents are better addressed in infinite than the predecessors. I'll leave you to decide if that's the case though.

post #9172 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Whatever gets you there man. The point is your music, not the gear. It sounds cliche but I've been in deep lurk mode in so many different threads over the past week, and it seems people forget why we got in the hobby in the first place.

 

Im not joking though it dosent sound like 5 dollars......... Its worth 4 times that biggrin.gif


Edited by veyrongatti - 3/27/13 at 11:05pm
post #9173 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Im not going to live this down right? 

post #9174 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Im not going to live this down right? 

No.Maybe you'll get a custom title from it. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #9175 of 21760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Aren't the amps $15k? Too much for a poor man like me. With that money I'd buy myself a violin. Or a TOTL rig. Orpheus probably. 

 

An Orpheus rig these days would be more along the lines of $25k. You'll be paying closer to $15k just for the headphones.

post #9176 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

 

 

 

Wait, is it my imagination, or did you like just have a meet not too long ago?

 

 

 

Yep, not everyone could make it so we threw two so everybody would get a chance to listen to the gear.

post #9177 of 21760

Pure love from Taiwan / Hong Kong

 

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/201301/dido/0.htm

 

http://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152820

 

Just so sexy and those 40mm drivers are pretty much the same size as the ones in TH900. Available locally for HK$6,180 and that fancy headphone cable could be swapped with an interconnect terminated with 3.5mm connectors.

post #9178 of 21760

Just finished Infinite, and I'm wondering what to make of the ending. Total mindscrew. Atleast I know what the AD on Booker's hand stands for now.....

post #9179 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

Pure love from Taiwan / Hong Kong

 

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/201301/dido/0.htm

 

http://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152820

 

Just so sexy and those 40mm drivers are pretty much the same size as the ones in TH900. Available locally for HK$6,180 and that fancy headphone cable could be swapped with an interconnect terminated with 3.5mm connectors.

$800 is a fairly large price still.

Looks like the Perfect sound Dido?


Edited by Tangster - 3/27/13 at 11:51pm
post #9180 of 21760
Thread Starter 

All you guys marathoning it with Infinite.... lol. I'm a slowpoke with my games, only play a little each day to "process" it. Probably take me another week before I finish.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2