or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 599  

post #8971 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

WHY LEE?!

 

Wait, you guys serious on getting discounts for CIEMs during meats meets? eek.gif mind=blown

Does it work like that for other gear too?

 

Absolutely.  The Liquid Glass was $500 off, and there were plenty of other nice discounts (Headamp had some nice discounts IIRC).  At the rest of RMAF there were show deals all over the place (cables, tubes, amps, phono cartridges, music, amps, speakers, and more and more and more).

post #8972 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Nope. There is one on the 11th of May.

Still not the summer....

:(

I'm thinking of selling a spare organ or two for a 1 week plane ticket. Any takers? very_evil_smiley.gif

(Yes I'm peddling body parts)

post #8973 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Still not the summer....

:(

I'm thinking of selling a spare organ or two for a 1 week plane ticket. Any takers? very_evil_smiley.gif

(Yes I'm peddling body parts)


How about selling "Twinqys". I heard they go for over $2000 a package on ebay lol :P.

post #8974 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Still not the summer....

:(

I'm thinking of selling a spare organ or two for a 1 week plane ticket. Any takers? very_evil_smiley.gif

(Yes I'm peddling body parts)



Apparently a healthy liver goes for 250K $ so that would be a rip off. Unless it is my liver...

post #8975 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


How about selling "Twinqys". I heard they go for over $2000 a package on ebay lol :P.

I don't have access to a cloning machine. 

Otherwise would be up for it. Totally worth it. I'm very gentle with other pets and children. Also house-trained.

 

tbh even as a child I've never been able to stomach those sugary abomination. Sadly us Canadians will continue to have them available and produced.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Apparently a healthy liver goes for 250K $ so that would be a rip off. Unless it is my liver...

Are you offering?

Because I'll take ten.

Then will later mark them up and say they're vintage and have been cryoed.


Edited by TwinQY - 3/25/13 at 8:33pm
post #8976 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post

 

Absolutely.  The Liquid Glass was $500 off, and there were plenty of other nice discounts (Headamp had some nice discounts IIRC).  At the rest of RMAF there were show deals all over the place (cables, tubes, amps, phono cartridges, music, amps, speakers, and more and more and more).

mind = blown. x 4 eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif guess it's to cover the expenses of travel? tongue.gif but it's still a great deal seeing you can actually audition it then buy it. So more of a double win.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Because "Y" is a crocked letter lol ;)...

 

Certain vendors also have promotions at different times of the year so you may want to keep an eye on that as well. I got my 8As for 25% off.

meng I can't understand it. Maybe I should've payed more attention to your custom. Or I just can't get it :/

Oh, I see... all the more reason for me to go one of these days. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post


No, it's unique to CIEM manufacturers for whatever reason. Occasionally you'll see some discounts on 'normal' gear, but it's pretty much across the board with CIEMs.

eek.gifeek.gif mind=blown. x2.

Oh, kk. If I ever decide to get a CIEM, guess I'll be coming :D

post #8977 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

mind = blown. x 4 eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif guess it's to cover the expenses of travel? tongue.gif but it's still a great deal seeing you can actually audition it then buy it. So more of a double win.


meng I can't understand it. Maybe I should've payed more attention to your custom. Or I just can't get it :/

Oh, I see... all the more reason for me to go one of these days. 

eek.gifeek.gif mind=blown. x2.

Oh, kk. If I ever decide to get a CIEM, guess I'll be coming :D

 

CanJam/RMAF was great.  Plus I got to try out the Abyss and get a headache from the awkward clamp/weight (score!).  

post #8978 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Nice :) blankly looking at priceless expressions is what my wife and I were doing while watching these movies. Yes, we watched all of them, so as to understand the phenomenom. I wonder why he always expresses inner turmoil by making a face like he is withholding a fart.


Did you actually gain Twi(enlightenment) out of that, if so please explain. I suffered through the entire teen angst vampire series and still wish I'd just rescreened Vampyros Lesbos instead. No great acting talent and near as I can tell just another serial manufactured by Hollywood as a  US product to counter the Harry Potter or LOTR audience capture threat.  Pity the the US hasn't outsourced that industry to the far east yet:)

 

PS Can anyone explain all the hubub of BD Howard replacing whatsername only to be in the film for about a minute and a half? I am quite perplexed.

 

If you really want pain, suggested viewing is same Pattinson (younger ) and Kristana Loken in a (mal)adaptation of the Niebelungen tale.

post #8979 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post

 

CanJam/RMAF was great.  Plus I got to try out the Abyss and get a headache from the awkward clamp/weight (score!).  

The abyss... I'm guessing it wasn't anything near a phone half the price?  Those looked pretty heavy biggrin.gif

post #8980 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

The abyss... I'm guessing it wasn't anything near a phone half the price?  Those looked pretty heavy biggrin.gif

Sounds like a  bad place for your wallet :).

post #8981 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Sounds like a  bad place for your wallet :).

Ingenious lee, I never saw that one coming LOL

 

were they really that bad?

post #8982 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Did you actually gain Twi(enlightenment) out of that, if so please explain. I suffered through the entire teen angst vampire series and still wish I'd just rescreened Vampyros Lesbos instead. No great acting talent and near as I can tell just another serial manufactured by Hollywood as a  US product to counter the Harry Potter or LOTR audience capture threat.  Pity the the US hasn't outsourced that industry to the far east yet:)

 

PS Can anyone explain all the hubub of BD Howard replacing whatsername only to be in the film for about a minute and a half? I am quite perplexed.

 

If you really want pain, suggested viewing is same Pattinson (younger ) and Kristana Loken in a (mal)adaptation of the Niebelungen tale.

It resulted only in further despair in the human race.

post #8983 of 21760

It's been bothering me... where's coq?

 

Edit:What do people do w/ dead R10's? Do they sell them to collectors? Or do they just keep them in remembrance of their greatness? Or do they just trash them? 


Edited by MrViolin - 3/25/13 at 9:14pm
post #8984 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

It resulted only in further despair in the human race.


Great now I'm enjoying the CKN70s more than the RE-400s.

It's been back and forth for days now.


Anyone know where I might be able to come across a F-4/F111 comparison?

I can't stand it anymore. Reading everyone wax poetic about them here is addicting as bose crack.

So might join the party.

post #8985 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post


Anyone know where I might be able to come across a F-4/F111 comparison?

I can't stand it anymore. Reading everyone wax poetic about them here is addicting as bose crack.

So might join the party.

I would love to know that as well. I love the Kaede and WILL get them. Trying to figure if Price Japan will get me a better price than Musica...but I would like to hear about the F111 as I am not utterly convinced with the 334 so far. I think we will have to ask MF once again frown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2