Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 592  

post #8866 of 21760
Guess I missed all the moral dilemma/Bioshock too. Anyway, I think Bioshock is fundamentally flawed in the sense that you can whiz through too much of the game with just the electro bolt/wrench combo. It doesn't really matter how much Adam you accrue really when you're kind of an unstoppable force with like three specific plasmids. Ken Levine himself admits that Bioshock was unsatisfying and rushed. He's been very frank about it in postmortem interviews. Anyway... If you're interested in a game that exemplifies the dilemma of tough moral situations you ought to check out Spec Ops: the Line, it forces the player to evaluate their actions far better than Bioshock. Nier was also a fantastic deconstruction of the RPG with a real gut punch of a twist. Both well worth checking out

That aside, interesting news on the 1Plus2. They're one of the most interesting phones out there for my money. Anything that's described as some sort of technical monster usually has my attention
post #8867 of 21760
Great impressions MuppetFace. I got used to the fit and cable but need ginourmous tips. The only small issue I have is a bit of driver flex upon insert.
I agree that bass is one of the main selling points, especially coming from BA Iems. So...physical.
But the one question I have is, do you feel the sens of immediacy ? Because that is one its stated purposes. I could not feel it before comparing to the 5.0. The 5.0 is like listening to music on a home system, whereas the 1plus2 is like having the band in front of you.
post #8868 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Glad to see that the thread has returned to the state where I had to go through some twenty-odd pages to just reply to a select number of posts that I wanted to get to in two days...

beerchug.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Great impressions MuppetFace.

 

X2.

 

@MF: I wonder, do the 1Plus2 have more bass quantity than the Flat-4 or IE800? The latter two are pretty much where I'd personally draw the line these days, at least for high-end IEMs. Thanks! smile_phones.gif

post #8869 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

LOL, I wasn't gonna say anything originally.  But if this were a real coffee house, you'd be buying him spiced chais and butternut squash muffins right about now... biggrin.gif

O, so he'd want to eat/drink that? Meng, I'm too poor. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

 

 

If you simply do good and do not expect anything back, that IS sacrifice because you have expended effort with no expectation of return. That's why it's considered good - because you go out of your way to do something with no reward.

 

If you do something good with the expectation of a reward, it isn't altruistic, it's a transaction.

yup.

 

When I think of sacrifice, I usually think of it in a bad way, but I guess this is another way to use it. 

 

Ye, twinqy is a yaoi fangirl. Fujoshi. 

 

 

You guys and your uberomgwtfbbqlong posts lol


Edited by MrViolin - 3/24/13 at 10:10am
post #8870 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

beerchug.gif


X2.

@MF: I wonder, do the 1Plus2 have more bass quantity than the Flat-4 or IE800? The latter two are pretty much where I'd personally draw the line these days, at least for high-end IEMs. Thanks! smile_phones.gif

Hey James, I was curious, what tips do you like with the F-4? I'm on a quest to find the best possible tips for it and was curious what you used to bring out their best
post #8871 of 21760
On Great Barrier Island this morning. What a gorgeous place this is. eek.gif
post #8872 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

On Great Barrier Island this morning. What a gorgeous place this is. eek.gif

an old man doing nothing but traveling and living life. That's what I'm talking about.

 

It is indeed :D

post #8873 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

an old man doing nothing but traveling and living life. That's what I'm talking about.

 

It is indeed :D

I don't think he's really that old, despite the "grumpy old man" disclaimer in his sig.wink.gif

post #8874 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I don't think he's really that old, despite the "grumpy old man" disclaimer in his sig.wink.gif

>40 = old smile.gif

post #8875 of 21760
Lets hear you say that when you are >40.
post #8876 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

>40 = old smile.gif

As a 41-year-old man, I strongly disagree with that premise. tongue.gif

post #8877 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Hey James, I was curious, what tips do you like with the F-4? I'm on a quest to find the best possible tips for it and was curious what you used to bring out their best

 

I know they're tuned for Complys, but tbh I don't like the bass with these. UE gray silicons with (red) Sony hybrids as spacers work best for me so far.

 

I'm still not quite content though and want to try out more options when I find the time.

 

post #8878 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

As a 41-year-old man, I strongly disagree with that premise. tongue.gif

You'll be feeling your age when you hit 50 tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Lets hear you say that when you are >40.

:) will do

post #8879 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

You'll be feeling your age when you hit 50 tongue.gif

As a 51 year old man, I can confirm feeling age - however I can also confirm that youth is wasted on the young... tongue.gif
post #8880 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


As a 51 year old man, I can confirm feeling age - however I can also confirm that youth is wasted on the young... tongue.gif

D:<

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2