Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 559

post #8371 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post



That's because you have nanodogs!  smile.gif   Bring out a Great Pyrenees and see that happens.  They fight bears and stuff, BEARS!

That's not my cat, it's just some serval I found online. We have a spotted cat (a bengal) but he's not that large, maybe 15lbs. Not that my wife doesn't want a more exotic kitteh, they simply aren't practical (and can be dangerous for infants). What she really wanted was a caracal.




Of course he's smiling at you. Because he's going to eat your liver! tongue.gif
post #8372 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post



Of course he's smiling at you. Because he's going to eat your liver! tongue.gif

 

Not before I tweak those funky ear hairs of his and give him a good talking to...

post #8373 of 21417

I have dreams sometimes where I'm trapped in a room with a hungry male lion.

 

Do you guys think it's possible to get one in a choke hold and suffocate it? Lions are huge, but I'm wondering if it's at all feasible if one was to end up in such a situation.

post #8374 of 21417

No.  You're ****ed.

post #8375 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

I am tiffed, but I'm not going to neg the guy immediately if he is forthright about fixing the problem. Everything else about the IEM's was as described so it's not as if I got an empty box. New filters aren't a big deal to order, its just unanticipated expense and trouble. Maybe he never knew? Maybe he had some unusually long ear hair that poked right through the filter? 

 

If it turns out that this guy thought "hmm I wonder how fiddling with these filters changes the sound OOPS I broked them. Better sell these and then disappear." then I will be angry. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

LOL, well filters don't do that to themselves right?  So I'm pretty sure the first part of that story is true.  Crossing my fingers here that the second part ins't.  redface.gif

 

FAD Heaven filters are brittle and may come off by themselves. Happened to both my Heaven A and S during the loan tour. Maybe the guy didn't even notice it, but at least he would have needed to check everything before advertising the phones as mint. Besides, your C's look quite dirty in the pic.

 

According to Inks/Rin the filters don't change the sound, so it's probably not necessary to replace them if you decide to go with the cloth mod.

post #8376 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I have dreams sometimes where I'm trapped in a room with a hungry male lion.

Do you guys think it's possible to get one in a choke hold and suffocate it? Lions are huge, but I'm wondering if it's at all feasible if one was to end up in such a situation.

In a dream anything is possible.
post #8377 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

LOL, well filters don't do that to themselves right?  So I'm pretty sure the first part of that story is true.  Crossing my fingers here that the second part ins't.  redface.gif

 

FAD Heaven filters are brittle and may come off by themselves. Happened to both my Heaven A and S during the loan tour. Maybe the guy didn't even notice it, but at least he would have needed to check everything before advertising the phones as mint. Besides, your C's look quite dirty in the pic.

 

What the?  Note to self: do not get FAD Heavens.  frown.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

In a dream anything is possible.

 

Yes, including - but not limited to - getting eaten by a hungry male lion.  But I guess you're referring to mind over matter?  In which case I would say to Eke "if you don't mind, it don't matter."  wink.gif

post #8378 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I have dreams sometimes where I'm trapped in a room with a hungry male lion.

Do you guys think it's possible to get one in a choke hold and suffocate it? Lions are huge, but I'm wondering if it's at all feasible if one was to end up in such a situation.

No. Your only real option is to try to shove your arm down its throat (it can't bite down in that scenario, that triggers a gag reflex and panic) and latch on as close to its body as you can until it asphyxiates. Extremely unlikely it would work, though.
Edited by Magick Man - 3/18/13 at 12:11am
post #8379 of 21417

Or, now that I think about it, grab its nads REAL hard.

post #8380 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Or, now that I think about it, grab its nads REAL hard.


lmao that would on almost anything. Unless it has no balls :P. Then you hit it in the boobs lol.

post #8381 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

FAD Heaven filters are brittle and may come off by themselves. Happened to both my Heaven A and S during the loan tour. Maybe the guy didn't even notice it, but at least he would have needed to check everything before advertising the phones as mint. Besides, your C's look quite dirty in the pic

 

Bleh.


It makes sense that FAD would be a company that makes filters that create the very issue they are meant to prevent; ie: particles and debris from getting into the driver.

 

Does that mean people listening to FADs would end up with pieces of filter in their ear?

post #8382 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Or, now that I think about it, grab it's nads REAL hard.

Lions have nads of steel, you'd just be tickling the furry underside of your maker.

 

Take it from a professional whale wrestler with several doctorates to their name, always have a harpoon handy.

(but in all seriousness - http://www.shortlist.com/instant-improver/how-to-survive-a-close-encounter-with-a-lion)

post #8383 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Or, now that I think about it, grab its nads REAL hard.


lmao that would on almost anything. Unless it has no balls :P. Then you hit it in the boobs lol.

 

Well he did say it was a male lion, so I figure it's worth a shot.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

 

Does that mean people listening to FADs would end up with pieces of filter in their ear?

 

I guess so.  So is it possible that you have bits of second hand filter in your ear holes, Magic 8 Ball says "yes."

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Lions have nads of steel, you'd just be tickling the furry underside of your maker.

 

And you know this how?  biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

(but in all seriousness - http://www.shortlist.com/instant-improver/how-to-survive-a-close-encounter-with-a-lion)

 

Well, that was boring.

 

Hey, I know... Driver8, dream about being locked in a room with a hungry male lion tonight, and let us know what you did in the morning.

post #8384 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Lions have nads of steel, you'd just be tickling the furry underside of your maker.

 

Take it from a professional whale wrestler with several doctorates to their name, always have a harpoon handy.

(but in all seriousness - http://www.shortlist.com/instant-improver/how-to-survive-a-close-encounter-with-a-lion)


Plus they have spikes on their penis...no wait that's tigers.

post #8385 of 21417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Plus they have spikes on their penis...no wait that's tigers.

 

All of a sudden, I'm sad for the lady tigers.  frown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2