or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 555  

post #8311 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

And that would be EXACTLY what happened to the TMAC thread yesterday.  I think that's part of the reason why jgray went temporarily mad last night.

 

 

Okay, now I'm pretty sure that's the reason why jgray went temporarily mad last night.

 

 

Lol, I don't know.  But the same thing happens with the D7100 apparently.

 

 

Umm, clearly you were not at the Changfest last month.

 

 

LOL, no... I believe what I said was that Mupps would kick my ass if I did that.  BIG difference, lol.

:) that panda + crackers. You should've seen the rap thread. 2 pandas + troll meng + crackers.

 

Yup, I think that's why he's taken leave from the animu thread :/

 

Ohhh... same thing tongue.gif

post #8312 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Umm, clearly you were not at the Changfest last month.

 

LOL, no... I believe what I said was that Mupps would kick my ass if I did that.  BIG difference, lol.

Don't remind me frown.gif

 

I think you might need to take some self-defense class cause the bigger issue at hand here is you getting your ass handled so easily. For shame.


Oh, BTW, think you could do a Steve Guttenberg with R-10s on head and torso from the Guttenberg from police academy?  For Audiophiliac April biggrin.gif

post #8313 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Don't remind me frown.gif

 

I think you might need to take some self-defense class cause the bigger issue at hand here is you getting your ass handled so easily. For shame.


Oh, BTW, think you could do a Steve Guttenberg with R-10s on head and torso from the Guttenberg from police academy?  For Audiophiliac April biggrin.gif

overly stupid looking picture = superbly funny. 

post #8314 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


 

I'm curious to hear more about how you heard the HD650 vs HE-500. Did you find the HE-500 better because the HD-650 was warmer? 

 

I ask because I'm comparing my HD600 with the HE-500 right now, and I'm finding them pretty even in SQ.

Well if you really don't mind me being completely honest I thought the HD800 was the absolute best I've ever heard. I was expecting a half smooth half analytical presentation and instead I got blindsided with a incredibly spacious and smooth and highly detailed 3D like presentation with no hint of harshness that floored me. The HE-6 has been partially modded by it's owner since I last heard it to try and tame it's highs a bit but when I first heard it awhile back in it's unmodded form although I would say it was a great listen the upper and mid treble had a harshness and peakiness that could come out in spades on bad source.

 

As for the HE-500 vs HD650 the thing you should remember is I'm making a comparison in relation to the money spent and not so much on pure performance. I messed around with the HD650 and the so called Sennheiser veil didn't manifest itself when it was being driven by either my stack or the Asgard 2. Of coarse on the Asgard 2 it was far more transparent and resolving but the HD650 still sounded good on my stack none the less. The interesting thing about the 650 is it's owner claims that the so called Sennheiser veil will come out on the 650 when paired with certain gear. How much validity is behind that claim I can't comment due to only a limited amount of rigs to mess with.How. does the 650 compare to the HD800? It's a no brainer for me the HD650 may have once been a flagship but the HD800 deserves to be called a modern day flagship but even so the HD650 in my book is an incredible value for the money.

 

The HE-500 on the other hand for a lack of a better comparison. when I was going back and fourth with the other cans I couldn't help but think of the HE-500 as a baby HE-6's. It's capabilities, especially after the jmoney pads were thrown on really isn't that far behind the HE-6. It may be a little more pricey then say the HD650 but when you consider it's not far from the HE-6 I think most people, me included, would call it a steal of a deal. If I was to buy one tomorrow the first thing I'd do though is throw off the stock cups and hunt down 2 or 3 pairs of jmoney pads and get a balanced connector adapter. Seriously, the HE-500 sounded that good to me after those two upgrades were made. Until it was upgraded with the pads and balanced cable though I would say it was only slightly ahead of the HD650. As for the HD650 I personally find there was nothing wrong with it. It did everything very well and did nothing to offend me while listening to my music. It just didn't wow me like the HE-500 did is all I'm saying.


In other news, after reading Ardgedee's post concerning my meet pic I'm quickly realizing my character sometimes seem to really shine through in my posts.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/17/13 at 5:39pm
post #8315 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Funny coincidence, as I remember you had the Heaven A at some point and I just got my A and C back after a long loan tour. Though I don't hear them quite as close to the FI-BA-SS as Rin's graph suggests, they're still among the best IEMs I know for analytical listening.

 

I'll certainly have a gander at poking around with the Heaven C. I'm excited. :3

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

and I don't know whether I find it creepy, scary or exciting...

I do have to say though that I feel like a pedophile recorded this! (always things coming out or in her mouth or behind... WTF?!?!)

 

I think you are meant to find it slightly creepy. If you look at all of Kyarypamyupamyu's stuff (I am a bit of a fan) there are definitely elements of intentional creepiness. The thing I like most about a lot of Japanese or Korean culture is how they juxtapose tones, sometimes quite self-referentially.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


In other news, after reading Ardgedee's post concerning my meet pic I'm quickly realizing my character sometimes seem to really shine through in my posts.

 

Teehee.

 

-----

 

In other news, I am suddenly really excited about the possibility of buying lens adapters for my NEX and buying up a huge arsenal of very cheap vintage / old USSR cloned / crap lenses. I feel like I can get all kinds of cool stuff happening and film it. This seems like an analogue to buying old USSR orthos or something. 

post #8316 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

 

 

Thanks! Is the leap really that big when going balanced, and using the jmoney pads?

 

Now you're making me want a HD800...

post #8317 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Thanks! Is the leap really that big when going balanced, and using the jmoney pads?

 

Now you're making me want a HD800...


To my ears the pads just made the mids and soundstage that much better. Everything just really popped and it connected with me. Everyone else there seemed to really like it too so I'm not alone in my findings. If you remember some time ago I said I would buy a flagship or near flagship headphone towards the end of the year. Right now it's down to the HE-500, HD650, or the TH600. I really really loved the HD800 though but for that can I would have to commit to a sizable investment. It really sounded good out of the Nuforce stuff that was there and to my knowledge their stuff isn't exactly cheap.

post #8318 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

And that would be EXACTLY what happened to the TMAC thread yesterday.  I think that's part of the reason why jgray went temporarily mad last night.  Okay, now I'm pretty sure that's the reason why jgray went temporarily mad last night.

 

:) that panda + crackers. You should've seen the rap thread. 2 pandas + troll meng + crackers.

 

Yup, I think that's why he's taken leave from the animu thread :/

 

Ohhh... same thing tongue.gif

 

I made one innocent little comment in the Anime thread, and all of a sudden hell broke loose in TMAC. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Umm, clearly you were not at the Changfest last month.

 

LOL, no... I believe what I said was that Mupps would kick my ass if I did that.  BIG difference, lol.

 

Don't remind me frown.gif

 

I think you might need to take some self-defense class cause the bigger issue at hand here is you getting your ass handled so easily. For shame.

 

 

REALLY should have been there... it was the best meet I've ever gone to.

 

And regarding the other thing, I think you meant ass handed as opposed to ass handled.  Mupps ain't that kind of girl.  wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

Oh, BTW, think you could do a Steve Guttenberg with R-10s on head and torso from the Guttenberg from police academy?  For Audiophiliac April biggrin.gif

 

Of course!  smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

overly stupid looking picture = superbly funny. 

 

Almost as funny as bowei's lotion pic. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Well if you really don't mind me being completely honest I thought the HD800 was the absolute best I've ever heard. I was expecting a half smooth half analytical presentation and instead I got blindsided with a incredibly spacious and smooth and highly detailed 3D like presentation with no hint of harshness that floored me.

 

I would tend to agree.  My current upgrade path for cans is Mad Dogs > HD 800 > going stat.  As soon as I get my HE-5LE repaired, it's going on sale to fund part of that path.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #8319 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

And regarding the other thing, I think you meant ass handed as opposed to ass handled.  Mupps ain't that kind of girl.  wink.gif

I stand by my words. I know what I meant and by god I meant it.

 

I'll take those 5-LEs free of charge (;

post #8320 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

I made one innocent little comment in the Anime thread, and all of a sudden hell broke loose in TMAC. 

 

 

REALLY should have been there... it was the best meet I've ever gone to.

 

And regarding the other thing, I think you meant ass handed as opposed to ass handled.  Mupps ain't that kind of girl.  wink.gif

 

 

Of course!  smile.gif

 

 

Almost as funny as bowei's lotion pic. 

 

 

I would tend to agree.  My current upgrade path for cans is Mad Dogs > HD 800 > going stat.  As soon as I get my HE-5LE repaired, it's going on sale to fund part of that path.

:) the animu thread is the 2ch/4ch of head-fi.

 

lool... the lubes.

 

Nuuu. Mad dogs > k1000 > electrostat. 

post #8321 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Don't remind me frown.gif


I think you might need to take some self-defense class cause the bigger issue at hand here is you getting your ass handled so easily. For shame.


Oh, BTW, think you could do a Steve Guttenberg with R-10s on head and torso from the Guttenberg from police academy?  For Audiophiliac April biggrin.gif

Cats > dogs. Fact.
post #8322 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

:) the animu thread is the 2ch/4ch of head-fi.

For someone who's on /pol/ everyday that's an insult to the testament of /pol/. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Cats > dogs. Fact.

Just ask Uncle Erik and his trusty sidekick Mai Tai.


Edited by TwinQY - 3/17/13 at 6:50pm
post #8323 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

For someone who's on /pol/ everyday that's an insult to the testament of /pol/. 

 

Just ask Uncle Erik and his trusty sidekick Mai Tai.

 

pol? :3 it is the biggest and fastest growing thread on head-fi. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Cats > dogs. Fact.

plz daddy warbucks. We all know dogs can chew up cats any day :)

post #8324 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Cats > dogs. Fact.

Agreed 100%

post #8325 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

pol? :3 it is the biggest and fastest growing thread on head-fi. 

plz daddy warbucks. We all know dogs can chew up cats any day :)

dog <------------------------ quantity < quality < pineapple < cat < bears < beets. Fact

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2