Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 549
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well I just got the Heir 5.0 in...and as much as I wanted to hate them because I dislike the Heir overall attitde, they do sound pretty good so. Far, musical and non fatiguing...
Mine doesnt' either. Smells of coconut and ambrosia (whatever that smells like).
Lee as the 5.0 is supposed to be a mini 8.a, I am curious to how you feel about 8.a vs 1plus2. To me, the 5.0 is warmer, more laid back, rounder.
They are very different from each other. The 8A is on the warmer side and quite mid-centric with vocals being on the neutral side. Bass is looser and slower on the 8As. I think the 1Plus2s have more bass impact but its bass is more on the neutral side (which is probably why others feel it is bass heavy which I don't feel it is). The 8As sound stage is rather on the narrow side. Not overly so but it doesn't have depth like the 1Plus2 does. It's presentation is more so focused on width but the sound stage is still quite large especially for BA IEM. The 1Plus2 is quite a bit more detail oriented while the 8A is mellow and non-offensive. Yet musical. Both are very different approaches. I found the 1Plus2 to be much easier to find good synergy with sources while the 8A is a picky bizoch.
Edited by lee730 - 3/16/13 at 10:21pm
Nahhh, I actually like how my 4A sounds on Eva. I'm just wondering what the Heir amp might sound like with the 4A and 8A is all. As for your amp question as you may know I indicated a few days back that while during a bout of insomnia ridden insanity I decided to invest in another piece of gear. That new piece of gear is a new amp and should be with me by mid week, I decided to finally try the ALO RX MKIII B ( aka Electra) with balanced interconnect to Raven. Lets see what electra can do with my K240 and my incoming Paradox. Looks like the cats out of the bag and nobody wins a 1000 internetz or a date with MuppetFace.
According to Ken the gain on the MKIII-B is lower then when it first came out. I didn't buy Electra for my (C)IEM's I bought Electra for my Paradox and my 600 ohm AKG K240 and Q701 as well as any other future cans that require a touch more juice. I would have bought driver8's amp but I had placed the order before I knew he was throwing up his MK III on the FS forums.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/16/13 at 10:35pm
Ho hum, it's almost 1:30 am on my side of the screen. I best crash tomorrow I have a head-fi meet. If all goes well I might be able to listen to the LCD3 and HD800 some top tier Schiit gear and even some STAX cans. I'll be sure to post some pics and hopefully even get some video up on my YT channel.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/16/13 at 11:32pm
Wut? Where did the K-Pop entry come from? Oh I see. We'll leave it to Mupps of course. She can be the arbiter of such things. But given that she wasn't against Gangnam Style a while back, I can't imagine her dismissing this one.
Will still pick treble peaks using broken Grado or Beyer T1.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 4 seconds ago
- › Label of the Week Sale: 20% off all Warner Bros. Titles! 5 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 20 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 36 seconds ago
- › Burson Soloist 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Clearing out some gear. Klipsch Image S4, LG Quadbeat. (Now... 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)