Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 549
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well I just got the Heir 5.0 in...and as much as I wanted to hate them because I dislike the Heir overall attitde, they do sound pretty good so. Far, musical and non fatiguing...
Mine doesnt' either. Smells of coconut and ambrosia (whatever that smells like).
Lee as the 5.0 is supposed to be a mini 8.a, I am curious to how you feel about 8.a vs 1plus2. To me, the 5.0 is warmer, more laid back, rounder.
They are very different from each other. The 8A is on the warmer side and quite mid-centric with vocals being on the neutral side. Bass is looser and slower on the 8As. I think the 1Plus2s have more bass impact but its bass is more on the neutral side (which is probably why others feel it is bass heavy which I don't feel it is). The 8As sound stage is rather on the narrow side. Not overly so but it doesn't have depth like the 1Plus2 does. It's presentation is more so focused on width but the sound stage is still quite large especially for BA IEM. The 1Plus2 is quite a bit more detail oriented while the 8A is mellow and non-offensive. Yet musical. Both are very different approaches. I found the 1Plus2 to be much easier to find good synergy with sources while the 8A is a picky bizoch.
Edited by lee730 - 3/16/13 at 10:21pm
Nahhh, I actually like how my 4A sounds on Eva. I'm just wondering what the Heir amp might sound like with the 4A and 8A is all. As for your amp question as you may know I indicated a few days back that while during a bout of insomnia ridden insanity I decided to invest in another piece of gear. That new piece of gear is a new amp and should be with me by mid week, I decided to finally try the ALO RX MKIII B ( aka Electra) with balanced interconnect to Raven. Lets see what electra can do with my K240 and my incoming Paradox. Looks like the cats out of the bag and nobody wins a 1000 internetz or a date with MuppetFace.
According to Ken the gain on the MKIII-B is lower then when it first came out. I didn't buy Electra for my (C)IEM's I bought Electra for my Paradox and my 600 ohm AKG K240 and Q701 as well as any other future cans that require a touch more juice. I would have bought driver8's amp but I had placed the order before I knew he was throwing up his MK III on the FS forums.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/16/13 at 10:35pm
Ho hum, it's almost 1:30 am on my side of the screen. I best crash tomorrow I have a head-fi meet. If all goes well I might be able to listen to the LCD3 and HD800 some top tier Schiit gear and even some STAX cans. I'll be sure to post some pics and hopefully even get some video up on my YT channel.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/16/13 at 11:32pm
Wut? Where did the K-Pop entry come from? Oh I see. We'll leave it to Mupps of course. She can be the arbiter of such things. But given that she wasn't against Gangnam Style a while back, I can't imagine her dismissing this one.
Will still pick treble peaks using broken Grado or Beyer T1.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 51 seconds ago
- › DAC for Aktimate Mini+ powered speakers 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000MK2 new Pro-DJ headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3