Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 549
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well I just got the Heir 5.0 in...and as much as I wanted to hate them because I dislike the Heir overall attitde, they do sound pretty good so. Far, musical and non fatiguing...
Mine doesnt' either. Smells of coconut and ambrosia (whatever that smells like).
Lee as the 5.0 is supposed to be a mini 8.a, I am curious to how you feel about 8.a vs 1plus2. To me, the 5.0 is warmer, more laid back, rounder.
They are very different from each other. The 8A is on the warmer side and quite mid-centric with vocals being on the neutral side. Bass is looser and slower on the 8As. I think the 1Plus2s have more bass impact but its bass is more on the neutral side (which is probably why others feel it is bass heavy which I don't feel it is). The 8As sound stage is rather on the narrow side. Not overly so but it doesn't have depth like the 1Plus2 does. It's presentation is more so focused on width but the sound stage is still quite large especially for BA IEM. The 1Plus2 is quite a bit more detail oriented while the 8A is mellow and non-offensive. Yet musical. Both are very different approaches. I found the 1Plus2 to be much easier to find good synergy with sources while the 8A is a picky bizoch.
Edited by lee730 - 3/16/13 at 10:21pm
Nahhh, I actually like how my 4A sounds on Eva. I'm just wondering what the Heir amp might sound like with the 4A and 8A is all. As for your amp question as you may know I indicated a few days back that while during a bout of insomnia ridden insanity I decided to invest in another piece of gear. That new piece of gear is a new amp and should be with me by mid week, I decided to finally try the ALO RX MKIII B ( aka Electra) with balanced interconnect to Raven. Lets see what electra can do with my K240 and my incoming Paradox. Looks like the cats out of the bag and nobody wins a 1000 internetz or a date with MuppetFace.
According to Ken the gain on the MKIII-B is lower then when it first came out. I didn't buy Electra for my (C)IEM's I bought Electra for my Paradox and my 600 ohm AKG K240 and Q701 as well as any other future cans that require a touch more juice. I would have bought driver8's amp but I had placed the order before I knew he was throwing up his MK III on the FS forums.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/16/13 at 10:35pm
Ho hum, it's almost 1:30 am on my side of the screen. I best crash tomorrow I have a head-fi meet. If all goes well I might be able to listen to the LCD3 and HD800 some top tier Schiit gear and even some STAX cans. I'll be sure to post some pics and hopefully even get some video up on my YT channel.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/16/13 at 11:32pm
Wut? Where did the K-Pop entry come from? Oh I see. We'll leave it to Mupps of course. She can be the arbiter of such things. But given that she wasn't against Gangnam Style a while back, I can't imagine her dismissing this one.
Will still pick treble peaks using broken Grado or Beyer T1.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › blox BE5 and M2C (brand new) 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 50 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Planning to get the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 with Senn HD600... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 3 minutes ago
- › In favor of double ES9018M2K or single ES9018? 4 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)