Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 6/7/14 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 549
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Mine doesnt' either. Smells of coconut and ambrosia (whatever that smells like).
Lee as the 5.0 is supposed to be a mini 8.a, I am curious to how you feel about 8.a vs 1plus2. To me, the 5.0 is warmer, more laid back, rounder.
They are very different from each other. The 8A is on the warmer side and quite mid-centric with vocals being on the neutral side. Bass is looser and slower on the 8As. I think the 1Plus2s have more bass impact but its bass is more on the neutral side (which is probably why others feel it is bass heavy which I don't feel it is). The 8As sound stage is rather on the narrow side. Not overly so but it doesn't have depth like the 1Plus2 does. It's presentation is more so focused on width but the sound stage is still quite large especially for BA IEM. The 1Plus2 is quite a bit more detail oriented while the 8A is mellow and non-offensive. Yet musical. Both are very different approaches. I found the 1Plus2 to be much easier to find good synergy with sources while the 8A is a picky bizoch.
Edited by lee730 - 3/16/13 at 10:21pm
Nahhh, I actually like how my 4A sounds on Eva. I'm just wondering what the Heir amp might sound like with the 4A and 8A is all. As for your amp question as you may know I indicated a few days back that while during a bout of insomnia ridden insanity I decided to invest in another piece of gear. That new piece of gear is a new amp and should be with me by mid week, I decided to finally try the ALO RX MKIII B ( aka Electra) with balanced interconnect to Raven. Lets see what electra can do with my K240 and my incoming Paradox. Looks like the cats out of the bag and nobody wins a 1000 internetz or a date with MuppetFace.
According to Ken the gain on the MKIII-B is lower then when it first came out. I didn't buy Electra for my (C)IEM's I bought Electra for my Paradox and my 600 ohm AKG K240 and Q701 as well as any other future cans that require a touch more juice. I would have bought driver8's amp but I had placed the order before I knew he was throwing up his MK III on the FS forums.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/16/13 at 10:35pm
Ho hum, it's almost 1:30 am on my side of the screen. I best crash tomorrow I have a head-fi meet. If all goes well I might be able to listen to the LCD3 and HD800 some top tier Schiit gear and even some STAX cans. I'll be sure to post some pics and hopefully even get some video up on my YT channel.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/16/13 at 11:32pm
Wut? Where did the K-Pop entry come from? Oh I see. We'll leave it to Mupps of course. She can be the arbiter of such things. But given that she wasn't against Gangnam Style a while back, I can't imagine her dismissing this one.
Will still pick treble peaks using broken Grado or Beyer T1.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › I pulled the trigger on the AKG K712 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K702 65th or Hifiman He500 ? 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)