Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? Last post on 7/12/14 at 7:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 549
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well I just got the Heir 5.0 in...and as much as I wanted to hate them because I dislike the Heir overall attitde, they do sound pretty good so. Far, musical and non fatiguing...
Mine doesnt' either. Smells of coconut and ambrosia (whatever that smells like).
Lee as the 5.0 is supposed to be a mini 8.a, I am curious to how you feel about 8.a vs 1plus2. To me, the 5.0 is warmer, more laid back, rounder.
They are very different from each other. The 8A is on the warmer side and quite mid-centric with vocals being on the neutral side. Bass is looser and slower on the 8As. I think the 1Plus2s have more bass impact but its bass is more on the neutral side (which is probably why others feel it is bass heavy which I don't feel it is). The 8As sound stage is rather on the narrow side. Not overly so but it doesn't have depth like the 1Plus2 does. It's presentation is more so focused on width but the sound stage is still quite large especially for BA IEM. The 1Plus2 is quite a bit more detail oriented while the 8A is mellow and non-offensive. Yet musical. Both are very different approaches. I found the 1Plus2 to be much easier to find good synergy with sources while the 8A is a picky bizoch.
Edited by lee730 - 3/16/13 at 10:21pm
Nahhh, I actually like how my 4A sounds on Eva. I'm just wondering what the Heir amp might sound like with the 4A and 8A is all. As for your amp question as you may know I indicated a few days back that while during a bout of insomnia ridden insanity I decided to invest in another piece of gear. That new piece of gear is a new amp and should be with me by mid week, I decided to finally try the ALO RX MKIII B ( aka Electra) with balanced interconnect to Raven. Lets see what electra can do with my K240 and my incoming Paradox. Looks like the cats out of the bag and nobody wins a 1000 internetz or a date with MuppetFace.
According to Ken the gain on the MKIII-B is lower then when it first came out. I didn't buy Electra for my (C)IEM's I bought Electra for my Paradox and my 600 ohm AKG K240 and Q701 as well as any other future cans that require a touch more juice. I would have bought driver8's amp but I had placed the order before I knew he was throwing up his MK III on the FS forums.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/16/13 at 10:35pm
Ho hum, it's almost 1:30 am on my side of the screen. I best crash tomorrow I have a head-fi meet. If all goes well I might be able to listen to the LCD3 and HD800 some top tier Schiit gear and even some STAX cans. I'll be sure to post some pics and hopefully even get some video up on my YT channel.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/16/13 at 11:32pm
Wut? Where did the K-Pop entry come from? Oh I see. We'll leave it to Mupps of course. She can be the arbiter of such things. But given that she wasn't against Gangnam Style a while back, I can't imagine her dismissing this one.
Will still pick treble peaks using broken Grado or Beyer T1.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Pico Slim, Western Electric 421A tubes, Bottlehead Crack + Speedball 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › IEM for below $100. 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)