Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 509  

post #7621 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I think the 1plus2 is the same way no? No crossover? Except the dynamic supplies the lows while the TWFKs handled mids+highs? I'm dying to hear that new dynamic driver that Dale cooked up plus the new Knowles BAs. I remember ShotgunShane sayin he was amazed by the "limitless" treble and that the bass ran circles around the Merlin/MG6pro. It's too bad his pair have been delayed so many times, would love to read some fresh impressions. Flysweep seems to think they eat the Heir 4a's for lunch too, I talked to him recently about his Dream Earz AUD-7x and he felt the proto he listened to was better still. So long as Dale gets that shipment of bass valves in, it shouldn't be too much longer 


Who the heck is Dale and what product are you talking about exactly????


Why am I not surprised

post #7622 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post

 

 

 

You should at least give the MrSpeakers Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads a listen if you ever get the chance. I purchased a pair (with Dog Pads at the time) and after listening for about a week, I found them so much better than the HD600 that I sold the Sennheisers. The HD600 are a great pair of headphones, but I find the Mad Dog a bit more neutral than the HD600, especially with the newer pads. In addition, if you're thrilled with the Sennheiser mid range, I think the Mad Dogs would also work very well with your tastes.

 

 

 

Get thee behind me, devil.

 

Better in what ways? I find the HD600 to be perfect sound signature-wise.

post #7623 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Who the heck is Dale and what product are you talking about exactly????


 

We're talking about the upcoming Aurisonics ASG-2, and Dale is the CEO of their company. 


Have a read if you've got the time: 

 

Shane on the protos: 


 
 
Flysweep on the protos:
 
LCMusicLover on the (final product) AS-2:

 

 

post #7624 of 21761
Is this a custom or a universal like the ASG 1?
post #7625 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Is this a custom or a universal like the ASG 1?

It's a universal. Though the custom version (AS-2) exists too.

post #7626 of 21761

Adding another YouTube channel to the heap.  There's some dude named Chusondra that likes to post rips of 24-bit audio from his collection.  I've been geeking out to a lot of it over the past week or so.  Just thought I'd share.

 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chushondra

 

EDIT:  Yes, I know it's all downsampled to current YT standards, but its still better sounding than a lot of the generic vids.

 

ANOTHER EDIT:  Check out Cornsnake33 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgDMXUK8r_k), she seems like a cool cat.  Digs IEMs with custom tips, and reptiles too.  She's like a Mini Mupps.  Seriously Romy, you should be her mentor or something.

post #7627 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

The bottom half is exactly my first few months on the internet. Then I get desensitized I guess. Once in a while something vile still can shock me to the core before my black crystal-hard heart creates yet another layer of apathy. ._.

My mom and dad still browse with all the child filters on and SafeSearch locked. They willingly live in blissful ignorance.
post #7628 of 21761
That's for the best IMO.
post #7629 of 21761
Thread Starter 

I really dislike the ASG-1 (the first version). I'm willing to give the ASG-2 a shot however.

post #7630 of 21761
I personally leave SafeSearch on Moderate, because you never know when the "G" man will come gunning for you (and no, I'm not talking about the feds). blink.gif
post #7631 of 21761

So, the international womens day is here. A day when the objectifying of women is taken to another, more bizarre level, and further divide the sexes in all kinds of strange ways. A bunch of men saying to women that they can succeed too if they want to, as if women were some kind of children or inherently worse workers - but they could, if they wanted, work themselves up to a mans social status! In Sweden we had a motto that went like this "Women can too!". I feel like facepalming when I hear that. Women can what too? Work? Vote? Take care of themselves? Play sports? Yeah, it's the 21st century over here - unless you're from the wilderness, you probably already knew that by now. Then we have all those people that think that this is a day for objectifying the woman as something beautiful and something we should cherish and look up to. After all, they are our wives and mothers!

 

...and neighbours, co-workers, bus-drivers, servicemen, and so on and so forth.

 

How about actually raising their status by not dividing our genders/sexes into two and start treating eachother like equals? How about doing this every day instead of like, concentrating this to a particular day? How about beginning by refering to "them" as "us"? It's not like "they" are some kind of weird aliens and that their reproductive organs separates "them" from the rest of the "human kind"...

 

I don't know. Today it feels more counter-productive here in Sweden, even though I recognize the need for further work on gender equality around the world. I just think it amounts to a lot of bizarre stuff here in Sweden.

 

/rant

post #7632 of 21761

Ooh, nothing like a good rant!

 

Here in the US, my biggest problem is the unequal pay scale thing.  Same work, more or less.  Same results, more or less.  What's with the unequal pay?  Schiit makes no logical sense.  So in that sense, I don't think it's bad thing to set aside a day to consider what can be done about such things (versus not considering such things very much at all).

post #7633 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

ANOTHER EDIT:  Check out Cornsnake33 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgDMXUK8r_k), she seems like a cool cat.  Digs IEMs with custom tips, and reptiles too.  She's like a Mini Mupps.  Seriously Romy, you should be her mentor or something.

 

 

She's got a UE 7 now. She's already far more advanced than I was when I was 17.

 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

How about actually raising their status by not dividing our genders/sexes into two and start treating eachother like equals? How about doing this every day instead of like, concentrating this to a particular day? How about beginning by refering to "them" as "us"? It's not like "they" are some kind of weird aliens and that their reproductive organs separates "them" from the rest of the "human kind"...

 

I don't know. Today it feels more counter-productive here in Sweden, even though I recognize the need for further work on gender equality around the world. I just think it amounts to a lot of bizarre stuff here in Sweden.

 

/rant

 

 

post #7634 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

ANOTHER EDIT:  Check out Cornsnake33 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgDMXUK8r_k), she seems like a cool cat.  Digs IEMs with custom tips, and reptiles too.  She's like a Mini Mupps.  Seriously Romy, you should be her mentor or something.

 

She's got a UE 7 now. She's already far more advanced than I was when I was 17.

 

And she's got some serious reptiles there.  I got stuck for 30 minutes just watching her reptile vids... and something called popping that snakes apparently need from time to time.

post #7635 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

So, the international womens day is here. A day when the objectifying of women is taken to another, more bizarre level, and further divide the sexes in all kinds of strange ways. A bunch of men saying to women that they can succeed too if they want to, as if women were some kind of children or inherently worse workers - but they could, if they wanted, work themselves up to a mans social status! In Sweden we had a motto that went like this "Women can too!". I feel like facepalming when I hear that. Women can what too? Work? Vote? Take care of themselves? Play sports? Yeah, it's the 21st century over here - unless you're from the wilderness, you probably already knew that by now. Then we have all those people that think that this is a day for objectifying the woman as something beautiful and something we should cherish and look up to. After all, they are our wives and mothers!


...and neighbours, co-workers, bus-drivers, servicemen, and so on and so forth.


How about actually raising their status by not dividing our genders/sexes into two and start treating eachother like equals? How about doing this every day instead of like, concentrating this to a particular day? How about beginning by refering to "them" as "us"? It's not like "they" are some kind of weird aliens and that their reproductive organs separates "them" from the rest of the "human kind"...

I don't know. Today it feels more counter-productive here in Sweden, even though I recognize the need for further work on gender equality around the world. I just think it amounts to a lot of bizarre stuff here in Sweden.

/rant

Preach on! Well said. My wife's response to the whole thing, "WTF is this ****? How are we equal if they keep singling us out?" wink.gif Of course, she says the same thing about people of other colors and creeds too... very astute and insightful, she is.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2