or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 503  

post #7531 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


I dunno I rarely get along with IEM's that I'm forced to wear down. It's still tempting to hear for myself what you guys are raving about though.


The fact that I feel it is up there with IEMs in the $1,300 range speaks for itself DigitalFreak :). That is amazing.

post #7532 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


The fact that I feel it is up there with IEMs in the $1,300 range speaks for itself DigitalFreak :). That is amazing.


Yeah I remember MF awhile back alluding to the fact they can punch it out with the pricier competition. Alright, their on my summer buy list. Them and a new can that I'm still undecided on.

post #7533 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Yeah I remember MF awhile back alluding to the fact they can punch it out with the pricier competition. Alright, their on my summer buy list. Them and a new can that I'm still undecided on.

Didn't you just score a Sextett recently? or has the acquisition syndrome bit you tongue.gif

post #7534 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Yeah I remember MF awhile back alluding to the fact they can punch it out with the pricier competition. Alright, their on my summer buy list. Them and a new can that I'm still undecided on.

Lee ain't joking. It's frickin 3 AM and I'm up listening to these damned things. Same sense of awe I got from listening to the ES5 for the first time. I'm just in awe of how huge these things can sound; it's nuts, the sound doesn't seem to be originating from the drivers on some of the more spacious recordings. And the way it layers sound, it's eerily good. And the build is better in person. The fact that they have no strain relief still cheeses me off, and the no chin slider is just aggravating given how long the cables are. As for comfort, ehhhh, I'm tolerating it, but the ES5 are kickin this things ass where comfort and utility is concerned.
Edited by Idsynchrono_24 - 3/7/13 at 1:20am
post #7535 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Also, that anime looks pretty familiar, but I can't put my finger on where it's from... -_-
Kuroko Shirai - Toaru Majutsu no Index / Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

btw all you anime thread people are fired if I'm the one who comes up with that ^...
Edited by Maxvla - 3/7/13 at 1:23am
post #7536 of 21760

^^ the man knows his animu.

 

What's this apparently amazing IEM you guys are talking about? blink.gif

post #7537 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

^^ the man knows his animu.

 

What's this apparently amazing IEM you guys are talking about? blink.gif


Flat 4 Sui and even the Kaede.

 

I think my pair is starting to really smooth out in the treble and mids. I mean they still are on the brighter side but listening to Gloria Estefans "Bad Boys" is usually a fatiguing sound on brighter IEMs and the Flat 4 is handling it like a champ and at decent volumes :).

 


Edited by lee730 - 3/7/13 at 1:40am
post #7538 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Flat 4 Sui and even the Kaede.

The tea thing?

Poop I didn't get to visit Fujiya Avic last month. Didn't think e-earphones had it although I could have just missed it entire. Enjoying the new JVC/ATs too much ~~ 

 

I think the two most important questions would be:

1: Does it sound like tea/drinking tea/showering with tea/anything of that variety?

2: Can it play Crysis?

3: Is it FAD-esoteria all over again?

post #7539 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

I know several people have mentioned this already, but MF March really is confusing. I can't keep track of who wrote what at all... too many TMAC folks on here lol

EDIT: whoops forgot about this. Finally am able to finish your tale on the 1plus2. Quite interestingly, your way of listening seem to match mine, so now I'm going to follow your audio journey like a fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Kuroko Shirai - Toaru Majutsu no Index / Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

btw all you anime thread people are fired if I'm the one who comes up with that ^...

Nah, most (read:me) wouldn't recognize that anime more than just fan pandering BS (since they just flounder a very very interesting setting which is MAGIC VS SCIENCE by making two pointless series of hurr durr moe moe BS, with Index being more about the fighting shounen style and Railgun more about tsundere yuri pandering BS. Not that I mind the latter, but its done in a setting in which I very much want to be serious).
Edited by jgray91 - 3/7/13 at 1:46am
post #7540 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

The tea thing?

Poop I didn't get to visit Fujiya Avic last month. Didn't think e-earphones had it although I could have just missed it entire. Enjoying the new JVC/ATs too much ~~ 

 

I think the two most important questions would be:

1: Does it sound like tea/drinking tea/showering with tea/anything of that variety?

2: Can it play Crysis?

3: Is it FAD-esoteria all over again?


I find it works really well for games with its enveloping sound stage. I really don't see these IEMs as boring or extremely soothing (which is what I'd associate with tea; it's more like tea on crack lol). These IEMs are on the brighter, more engaging side of things. More fun yet still decently balanced IMO.


Edited by lee730 - 3/7/13 at 1:54am
post #7541 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I find it works really well for games with its enveloping sound stage. I really don't see these IEMs as boring or extremely soothing (which is what I'd associate with tea, more like tea on crack lol). These IEMs are on the brighter more engaging side of things. More fun yet still decently balanced IMO.

I don't actually want to play games with it unless you just destroyed me with sarcasm and I didn't even realize it.

 

Sounds mighty intriguing. These should've gone on tour instead of the H-100s which are apparently awful as sin wink.gif. Now I'm wishing someone will have these at the meet.

post #7542 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I don't actually want to play games with it unless you just destroyed me with sarcasm and I didn't even realize it.

 

Sounds mighty intriguing. These should've gone on tour instead of the H-100s which are apparently awful as sin wink.gif. Now I'm wishing someone will have these at the meet.


lol I was serious on my comments regarding gaming with them. I play FPS games competitively and it did indeed do a decent job in that regard :). Well I'll be demoing a pair of  H-100s so I'll see for myself if it is indeed as bad as it has been made out to be recently ;)... I do know there was an agenda behind that tour so I'll take the middle road and just give my honest opinion on it. Not saying that any of you participants did otherwise. :)


Edited by lee730 - 3/7/13 at 2:10am
post #7543 of 21760
Listening to Neon Bible now. Black Mirror and Intervention sound immense on this thing. Black Mirror especially shocked me given that it sounds tiny and flat on most phones I've listened to it on.
post #7544 of 21760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Whoever heard of a 400 plus bone IEM with no visible strain relief where the cable enters the IEM housing?

 

Final Audio, for one.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Railgun more about tsundere yuri pandering BS.

 

Tsundere yuri? Now I want to see it.

post #7545 of 21760
Thread Starter 

Nice to know I'm not totally crazy when I say the Flat4 is one of my current favorite IEMs at any price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2