Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 501  

post #7501 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333jeffery View Post

I love the Castle of Cagliostro. One of my fave anime movies. And Jigen is one of my heroes:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13c_aJVwXs4

 

Indeed a lovely anime. I think you find the same spirit in the first episodes of Sherlock Holmes directed by Miyazaki.
post #7502 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I'm supposed to be at work. Instead, I'm taking the afternoon off at a place called The Huntington Library & Gardens, watching koi swim by, and listening to a live gu zheng player. About to order some tea. Here is the view I'm looking at right now.

Sounds awesome. I go to the local Taoist temple (they call it a "holy house") to meditate and relax in their gardens when it's warmer, it's a wonderful place. smily_headphones1.gif
post #7503 of 21761
I need to learn how to work out. I'm pretty scrawny. The only thing is I have no idea how. Whenever I go to the gym I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. so bad.
post #7504 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by compoopers View Post

I need to learn how to work out. I'm pretty scrawny. The only thing is I have no idea how. Whenever I go to the gym I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. so bad.


If you are thin and wish to get a bit bigger, what you are eating is as important. And I always thought finding a sport you like is much more efficient than going to the gym if you are not used to it. You will just give up at some point...

post #7505 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post



...What reference?

Wait, have you been TMAC'd?

That Sheena Easton... was not a reference to anything?

Yes just recently.
post #7506 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


That Sheena Easton... was not a reference to anything?

Yes just recently.

 

I think she meant that you got tricked by somebody's avatar, as Muppet didn't say anything about Sheena Easton. Go back a page, and you'll find that post, belonging to Vuroth. You got TMAC'd.

 

Edit: MF's new avatar is a creepy looking Tyll Hertsens with pink hair.

post #7507 of 21761

Latest tracking update on my Heir 4A's from the UPS tracking site.....

 

Chengdi, China 03/06/2013

11:47PM The Scheduled flight was canceled due to circumstances beyond UPS control

1000

 

...........

......................

Sometimes I can't help but think I'm cursed because of all my bad luck

700

post #7508 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Latest tracking update on my Heir 4A's from the UPS tracking site.....

 

Chengdi, China 03/06/2013

11:47PM The Scheduled flight was canceled due to circumstances beyond UPS control

1000

 

...........

......................

Sometimes I can't help but think I'm cursed because of all my bad luck

700

Dang, that's really bad. Hope they try and rush it once it gets up in the air. I didn't think China was having bad weather right now? lol

At least it's not due to protests/riots like something I ordered a couple years ago from some Asian country.

Also, that anime looks pretty familiar, but I can't put my finger on where it's from... -_-

post #7509 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Dang, that's really bad. Hope they try and rush it once it gets up in the air. I didn't think China was having bad weather right now? lol

At least it's not due to protests/riots like something I ordered a couple years ago from some Asian country.

Also, that anime looks pretty familiar, but I can't put my finger on where it's from... -_-


I'm just hoping the plane didn't catch fire or something like that. I got the picture off Google pictures awhile back. No idea what it is beyond that.

post #7510 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


I'm just hoping the plane didn't catch fire or something like that. I got the picture off Google pictures awhile back. No idea what it is beyond that.

Eh, I doubt it's anything that bad. Maybe the weather or something like that. Even if something like that happened, at least it should be fully insured.

 

*Personal rant here*

This is reason #463 why I'm probably going to get CIEMs from 1964ears. They are close enough that there shouldn't be any issues with shipping. And if there are, I can drive down there and pick them up myself.


Edited by mechgamer123 - 3/6/13 at 9:56pm
post #7511 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


I'm just hoping the plane didn't catch fire or something like that. I got the picture off Google pictures awhile back. No idea what it is beyond that.


Put it this way DigitalFreak. The same thing happened to another headfier and he got off Scott-free from paying Customs Duties. Looks like UPS let it go since they delayed his IEMs (which is unacceptable considering the price paid for shipping). :)

post #7512 of 21761
Flat-4's are in da house. Think I'm gonna need some brain burn in, but man, dat sub bass is jumping out at me at the moment, kick drums sound like they have palpable weight to them. Bass in general sounds quite good, very articulate and capable. Comply's are doing a fine job of rapin my ears as well. Yikes. I think I'm also hearing these as possessing some great depth and width so far.

I close my eyes and they sound pretty immense, listening to Beach House right now and it manages the illusion of making me feel like I'm listening to something far larger as the image becomes diffuse. I can hear layers of Lapis Lazuli that I couldn't make out on the ES5.

Listening to The Dead Weather right now and the instruments sound so good. The music has never had this much texture to me. The Flat-4 is quite transparent too, there's quite the variance to how it presents different albums in terms of soundstaging and imaging. I was underwhelmed upon first listen until I realized that the ES5 was imposing its signature on every track making everything sound eminently listenable.
post #7513 of 21761

Yep the Flat 4s are heartless on ****ty recordings. Almost to the point where I have to really turn down the volume on certain tracks due to this. But on well recorded tracks, wow :). The complys don't work for me, the large is too small, seems like a medium sized tip lol....

post #7514 of 21761
I think they sound flippin amazing right now, but yeah, sub par production does no favors at all, it's something that the ES5 does very well for me, in that it makes everything sound real nice
post #7515 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Thus begins the story of how I became uncool in Mupps's ears.

 

I wasn't talking about you.

 

Oh.  Okay!  smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Flying Lotus' latest is indeed very good.

 

I'd actually never heard of him before this.

 

Multi-Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I'm supposed to be at work. Instead, I'm taking the afternoon off at a place called The Huntington Library & Gardens, watching koi swim by, and listening to a live gu zheng player. About to order some tea. Here is the view I'm looking at right now.

 

Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@warren dayum that place looks like the perfect place to read some warhammer 40k in one sitting.

 

Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

Sounds better than working!  I must confess to having had to Google "gu zheng".smile.gif

That is a lovely view.... it looks perfect for enjoying a cup of Earl Grey and some soothing tunes.700

 

Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Great to see you pursue restoration. This contribution made my entire week...and it's only Wednesday!

beerchug.gif

 

Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Sounds awesome. I go to the local Taoist temple (they call it a "holy house") to meditate and relax in their gardens when it's warmer, it's a wonderful place. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Thanks!  I didn't think I'd enjoy it (as it was kind of an obligation).  But I ended up de-stressing for a little while, which helped.  And once the sun came out, it became all awesome and stuff.

 

 

Here's where I was sitting when I snapped the pics above (and I ultimately went with Oolong BTW).

 

 

BTW Silent, they've got a waterside cafe there.  We should do up this joint when you get back.

 

And finally, here are two more views of the place showing:  (a) what all of that looks like from the other side; and (b) what the path to the Japanese Garden looks like as you leave the Chinese Garden.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Sometimes I can't help but think I'm cursed because of all my bad luck

700

 

Even if that were true, you'd still lose.  I believe Mupps is the holder of the audio gear curse crown. wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2