or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 492  

post #7366 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Yeah, I meant the visible color of the gear not the audible color.


For color you should check the new Japanese ciem company on Tomscy's blog
http://cymbacavum.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/serendipity-earmo/
post #7367 of 21760

Holla~

post #7368 of 21760

A fried of mine made a pretty decent case one time for those ancient aliens guys just being really racist.  It's like "well, brown people had something going on before white people, so... aliens must've helped them???" And then there are some ancient alien myths out there saying that the Annunaki had blonde hair and blue eyes...

 

@eke: Eh, maybe I'll see it.  To be clear my "don't care enough" was aimed more toward the fact that I'm going back into recluse mode than some objection with the movie.

post #7369 of 21760

Numbers!  smile.gif
 


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #7370 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

A fried of mine made a pretty decent case one time for those ancient aliens guys just being really racist.  It's like "well, brown people had something going on before white people, so... aliens must've helped them???" And then there are some ancient alien myths out there saying that the Annunaki had blonde hair and blue eyes...

@eke: Eh, maybe I'll see it.  To be clear my "don't care enough" was aimed more toward the fact that I'm going back into recluse mode than some objection with the movie.

LOL that's a compelling argument, if I'd say so myself.
post #7371 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

No worries, I think your response is still very much relevant. I like ambiguity and multiple interpretations; it could work either way.

Actually, the thing is that had you actually meant audible coloration, you would've actually struck upon one of my main gripes with "audiophilia". I don't necessarily agree with the premises that people buying colorful gear are n00bs or poor. Personally I want different flavors for different occasions and different kinds of music. I want ridiculously bassy headphones for certain genres, and not so bassy for others. I want mid-emphasis for certain (actually, I long for mid-emphasis right now, as I truly miss my old RE-262's) genres and so on. Oh well, this is probably mirroring a lot of peoples opinions. It's just that that particular thread gives me a sour after taste as it doesn't come off as especially open minded nor tolerant of different tastes.

 

Personally I like curry on my chicken and not on my tacos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

 

Was starting to get worried as it got pretty quiet around here all of a sudden.

My friend, I'm far too personal friend with the lot of you to completely abandon ship at this moment. I just need a break as much as I think the thread sometimes needs a break from me. wink.gif

post #7372 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


For color you should check the new Japanese ciem company on Tomscy's blog
http://cymbacavum.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/serendipity-earmo/

Is this Tomscys blog? A very nice blog, Tomscy! Good job smile.gif

post #7373 of 21760
Right now I'm sitting cafe side with about 20 mins to go before work. Yesterday early afternoon we got hit by the tail end of a Colorado snow front. Not really a storm per say but it started snowing early afternoon and continued on into the night with moderate gusts of wind icing up the intersections. This morning I wake up toooo..... (drum roll)....more snow and gusty wind. Even though the weather sucks I still did my customary 30 min morning walk fighting against the wind and plodding through snow drifts. I'm sitting here with an ice cold face my shirt is drenched in sweat my shoes and socks are soaking wet and the cafe is out of green tea.
.......
...........
I wanna go home and hibernate under the bed until summer frown.gif
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/5/13 at 9:08am
post #7374 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post Is this Tomscys blog? A very nice blog, Tomscy! Good job smile.gif


Thanks! I don't want to call it strictly my blog, though --- yes, I started it, but I'm adding other people in as writers as well. The uptake is just a little slow right now. If anyone else wants to join in the 'fun'... PM me

 

I was gonna mention earmo on here; things are really hectic right now, though, so I forgot... redface.gif

post #7375 of 21760

I got a decent deal on a BP-1 Ultra with all sorts of upgrades, so I'll guess I'll be exploring the world of crazy power conditioning over the next couple of weeks?  Kind of excited.

post #7376 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post


Thanks! I don't want to call it strictly my blog, though --- yes, I started it, but I'm adding other people in as writers as well. The uptake is just a little slow right now. If anyone else wants to join in the 'fun'... PM me

 

I was gonna mention earmo on here; things are really hectic right now, though, so I forgot... redface.gif

It'll kick on anytime soon, and before you know it, it's going to have myriads of beautiful stuff in it. smile.gif

post #7377 of 21760

Everytime I see pictures of the WA7 I fall in love!!!!

Arrghhh...

post #7378 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Everytime I see pictures of the WA7 I fall in love!!!!

Arrghhh...

Did you drop by the TH600 thread as well? I know I'm giving the WA7 serious consideration now, compared to previous when I assumed none of my headphones would play well with a tube amp.

post #7379 of 21760

WA7 - now wondering how would little mono blocks look?

post #7380 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Did you drop by the TH600 thread as well? I know I'm giving the WA7 serious consideration now, compared to previous when I assumed none of my headphones would play well with a tube amp.

 

Yes!!

I have never used a Tube amp... this might be my very first one (getting the "itch" to buy...)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2