or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 487  

post #7291 of 21760
Whoaaaa, I decided to quickly check in on the thread and was shocked with a scorching review by MF. I've watched the H100 thread off and on over the last week or so and although I thought the thread was a hype train I never imagined the product could actually sound that bad. I'm sorry to hear you got booted from the H100 thread eke but at least you spoke your mind and maybe saved some people some of their hard earned bones.

@MuppetFace

As much as I like seeing fan boys of various descriptions being bought down to earth I really hope you soften your final review a bit and stop throwing bricks through the CEO's window. Considering some fan boys are known for being insanely stubborn you'd probably get trolled causing the wrest of us to invade the offending thread and resulting in a mass ban of the diary thread regulars. I doubt any of us would stand idly by while some fan boy rudely trolled our fearless leader for being honest.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/4/13 at 12:35pm
post #7292 of 21760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

@MuppetFace

As much as I like seeing fan boys of various descriptions being bought down to earth I really hope you soften your final review a bit and stop throwing bricks through the CEO's window. Considering some fan boys are known for being insanely stubborn you'd probably get trolled causing the wrest of us to invade the offending thread and resulting in a mass ban of the diary thread regulars. I doubt any of us would stand idly by while some fan boy rudely trolled our fearless leader for being honest.

 

I have no intention of posting my impressions in the H-100 appreciation thread. It's obviously not the place for me since I most certainly do not appreciate the H-100. If anything, my posting there would be more trolling because I know better. People don't visit appreciate threads to read criticism after all.

 

It's why I avoided the ASG-1 ver.1 thread like the plague and kept my impressions to this thread.

post #7293 of 21760
The thing I have with the myriad of appreciation thread is just that: there will be no room at all for anything other than high praises for the thing. Anytime there's a thread with "appreciation" in it, especially for new products, I'll just avoid like a carrier of a mutated airborne AIDS-rabies hybrid. It's too bad still that the ones that started such thread are usually newbies with little experience behind them.

While I myself do not own much gear; heck not even doing the buy-sell "sacred" ritual; being around with the right bunch and using for a long time products that are at minimum inoffensive does to my ears a long way to be as refined as possible.

(That means I love you guys whole bunches).
post #7294 of 21760
And speaking of being as inoffensive as possible at worst, I've been neglecting to write about the RHA MA350 like I planned to. I should be able to splice together my thoughts I think when I began to compare what I thought of it with others' impressions. I find it easier to arrange my points optimally that way.

With that said, I feel like the MA350 is just a very competent IEM for the price of $35. Quite durable, just slightly boosted bass, flat-ish mids and inoffensive not-very-recessed treble should make a good upgrade from iBuds, although the Earpods would still give it a challenge, if disregarding isolation that is.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/4/13 at 1:30pm
post #7295 of 21760
I don't like appreciation threads. I like discussion threads. Just need to change the titles and exchange those words, then you can have a proper debate about gear.
post #7296 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

I don't like appreciation threads. I like discussion threads. Just need to change the titles and exchange those words, then you can have a proper debate about gear.

Unless  said gear is the Altmann Tera Player....lol.

post #7297 of 21760

I thought I was going nuts because I couldn't find that damn thread you all were talking about, but then I just googled it and saw that no one's posted in it in over 2 weeks.

 

I wish I had more to talk about related to the the hobby.  I bothered PriceJapan today and it turns out my SR009's still haven't shipped yet.  I haven't found any good music I like in a while and I've kind of devolved into listening to video game music on my Ed. 8's when I'm on the go. 

 

I probably shouldn't be talking about this, but my thing online lately has been commissioning artists to make stuff catering to my weird kinks and fetishes.  Like, it ends up being more about the fact that they're making it than the finished product... I'm in a bad place right now.  Maybe my trip later this month will help?  Iuno.

post #7298 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

I don't like appreciation threads. I like discussion threads. Just need to change the titles and exchange those words, then you can have a proper debate about gear.

In the same sentence, I have an appreciation for discussion threads.normal_smile%20.gif Yes, good ol' discussion to shake the broken pieces...

post #7299 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

I thought I was going nuts because I couldn't find that damn thread you all were talking about, but then I just googled it and saw that no one's posted in it in over 2 weeks.

I wish I had more to talk about related to the the hobby.  I bothered PriceJapan today and it turns out my SR009's still haven't shipped yet.  I haven't found any good music I like in a while and I've kind of devolved into listening to video game music on my Ed. 8's when I'm on the go. 

I probably shouldn't be talking about this, but my thing online lately has been commissioning artists to make stuff catering to my weird kinks and fetishes.  Like, it ends up being more about the fact that they're making it than the finished product... I'm in a bad place right now.  Maybe my trip later this month will help?  Iuno.

tell_me_more.jpg
post #7300 of 21760

I love Google's "Happy 81st Birthday! Tribute" to Miriam Makeba.

 

Miriam Makeba's 81st birthday

 

 

She has quite the voice!

post #7301 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

and that one custom grado cup worker that I forgot. :P

 

Martin Custom Audio?

 

I was but a youngblood in the hobby when I first came across his work.  After my initial reaction of being enthralled by the beauty of it all, my second reaction was an epiphany that this hobby is just a little more involved than I originally thought.  smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I think it's worth repeating it here again, especially so for the huge rant before the author gets into the review. Also he did a name drop on both Tyll and purrin. Still haven't read the review though. :P

http://www.headfonia.com/an-expensive-cheap-headphone-a-paradox/

 

With the exception of this one statement:  "It’s not the consumers job to know what they want", I generally agree with what he's ranting about.  Haven't read the review either... all that foreplay tuckered me out.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

quite frankly the T-Peos H-100 is rather awful

 

I halfway wonder if this pair is defective in some way or if the T-Peos folks have abysmal quality control, because I'm definitely not hearing what that graph suggests I should be hearing.

 

What I am hearing is bad.

 

Reality check: the H-100 just sucks.

 

LOL, it's so bad it made Mupps go all North Korean on their a**es!  biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Unfortunately the signature as a whole is V shaped in an obnoxious sort of way.

 

So maybe something like a checkmark, with a smattering of some very acute peaks and spike in odd areas along the valley?

 

I'm sure I'm not the first to do so, but I've got a little phrase set aside to describe what I think you're hearing.  It's "wiretapping" and it sounds like a covert listening device designed to let you hear what's being communicated in the worst way possible.  It's reminiscent of the way movies adjust the sound whenever someone is doing a little bugging, wiretapping, or otherwise eavesdropping on a conversation.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Complys?
tumblr_lhz3596K8K1qegui8.jpg
I got a box of those, never took much of a liking to them, reminds me of being at the audiologist with an ear full of impression material frown.gif

 

I've never been a big fan of Comply either as it always felt a bit invasive, or at best impolite.  But if that's what it takes to lay myself on the altar of SQ, so be it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by compoopers View Post

Purple and green... not my fave color combo.

 

It actually changes color from purple to green and visa versa depending on the angle, basically known as "chameleon paint." Sort of like an Alexandrite.

 

Reminds me of TVRs for some reason.  On a side note, I miss Forza.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I think I'd like to sit-in on this one...and wait for him (warrenpchi) to express.

 

LOL, feel free to rip into me now bro.  biggrin.gif

 

My interest is wink.gifgenuine. I've been trying to come to terms with my new addition HD650. Wanted something to compliment my highly enjoyable D7000 inside the listening room. Also, we are evaluating these cans at the same time, so your experience has my attention.

 

My experience with the Senns, however, has been difficult due to my inability to get decent head time in with any consistency. Also, I hope to learn more about your direction - what gears (amps/dacs/cans) are on your "Hit list" to acquire. 

 

Post Script.:  I'm so sleepy! Just looked at your Profile and saw your Wish List.rolleyes.gif

 

I'm at that point where I'm starting to experiment with different gear for different genres.  With the exception of hardcore rap or hardcore metal, I listen to pretty much everything.

 

The pairing of the Meridian and Mad Dog is an attempt to recapture some magic I heard at the latest SF meet.  Either one alone is aight, but the pairing is something entirely captivating.  I envision that being my main desktop rig for some time to come.

 

The AKG K272HD (or K271 MkII rather) is because I'd like to have a closed-back K240.  I had a chance to hear this at the latest SF meet as well, and the similarities to the K240 are close enough that acclimating back and forth wouldn't take more than a minute either way.

 

As for the AKG K550/K551, being a little bit of an AKG fanboy, that's just something I've wanted for a long time.  I don't know how much listening time it will get.  But I'd like to have it in my collection nonetheless.

 

The Fostex TH900 is because there are just too many people I trust saying it's one of the best things ever.


Sennheiser HD800... who DOESN'T want one of these... besides purrin.

 

The Amperior is down towards the end of that list because I'm just not ready to let go of EDM yet - especially when I'm out at about.  It's my happy music.

 


 

On a side note, I'm clearly going to have to shelve my plans for an SGS3 now that the announcement of the SGS4 looms on the horizon.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #7302 of 21760
Can the old guard HD25-II-1 or smth be made nearer into a Amperior or did Senny use newer developed driver on top of aluminium shells and felt behind the drivers?


I bet you guess won't expect this from an anime.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/4/13 at 2:26pm
post #7303 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

I have no intention of posting my impressions in the H-100 appreciation thread.

 

Good call.  There's just no way that could have gone over without bloodshed.  Don't know if you saw it, but purrin's recent [negative] review of the Meridian Explorer got personal REALLY fast.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

(That means I love you guys whole bunches).

 

redface.gif  Right back 'atcha!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

And speaking of being as inoffensive as possible at worst, I've been neglecting to write about the RHA MA350 like I planned to. I should be able to splice together my thoughts I think when I began to compare what I thought of it with others' impressions. I find it easier to arrange my points optimally that way.

With that said, I feel like the MA350 is just a very competent IEM for the price of $35. Quite durable, just slightly boosted bass, flat-ish mids and inoffensive not-very-recessed treble should make a good upgrade from iBuds, although the Earpods would still give it a challenge, if disregarding isolation that is.

 

I love that thing for what it is... which isn't hi-fi at all... but very hi-fun.  I have a feeling that they were kind of going for that general consumer market though, as they're being sold in Apple stores.  I'm still bothered by the microphonics, and very much hope that they'll address that in a future revision, but it's a pretty good first effort from a new outfit.  BTW, is it just my imagination, or would it make a fantastic set of workout IEMs?  That signature practically begs for physical exertion.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

I wish I had more to talk about related to the the hobby.

 

::fistbump::

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

I don't like appreciation threads. I like discussion threads. Just need to change the titles and exchange those words, then you can have a proper debate about gear.

 

In the same sentence, I have an appreciation for discussion threads.normal_smile%20.gif Yes, good ol' discussion to shake the broken pieces...

 

Yeah but fanboyism is as old as time eternal.  The very first time a hominid picked up a stick and started wielding it, there was some dude watching it thinking it was the coolest schiit ever.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #7304 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


tell_me_more.jpg

 

No >_>

post #7305 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

No >_>

Hahahaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2