My DT990s died without a warning...... It was in a bad state (even after it was fixed..... the people at Beyer did nothing) going to take it back and fix it, should still be covered in warranty (hopefully)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on Yesterday at 2:50 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 474
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So far I feel like this is the first time most of my gear feels... substantial. If that makes sense.
Funny, there is a new DBZ OAV. They apparently will be fighting the god of destruction and his pet giant rat / bunny
Oh wow... I don't remember Goku's Japanese voice being so repulsive. But then I mostly remember the English dubs.
Well, I do remember the Japanese "cha la, head cha la" theme. And now that's stuck in my head. Great.
At first I read that as "get it on with MuppetFace."
Very nice. Don't crop the T50RPs out of the shot! Let's see how the pair looks together.
I tend to hype up the confusion thing quite a bit. Truth is, one gets used to it fairly quickly. And because we don't have the exact same avatar, there are subtle differences that tend to become more glaring over time.
It was meant to symbolize the futility of coming up with something as good as the original. But I also went that way because that event (and the way it went down) just cracks me up every time I think about it.
Well we haven't ruled that out either.
Here we go!
BTW, for anyone that would otherwise have not participated in TMAC before, but who would like to pay homage to Mupps this month, feel free to join in!
Now I just have to decide which avatar I'm gonna sport...
The TH600 will be here today or tomorrow.
A few notes on the SM64 this morning. In terms of imaging and staging, they continue to amaze me; in this area I feel they definitely compete with the best of the best in the IEM world regardless of price. Detail retrieval is likewise very impressive without sounding analytic. What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life; when I raise them from the dead along with raising the volume however, the highs get slightly glaring. It's not bad mind you, but it does result in a slightly less favorable assessment when it comes to these being uber-listenable for long periods of time.
Why thank you! It makes me laugh, and laughter being important in life and all...
What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
Understandably, I'm curious as to whether this will supplant the Flat4 (either in whole or in part) in terms of you preferences. I think jgray would probably be interested in this as well.
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life;
Might be a bit of brute-force thinking on my part, but I'm curious as to what would happen if they tried to shove a fourth BA driver in there.
BTW guys, why so quiet today?
I too, was sitting in silence. We could have had virtual tea and talked audio.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WTB Sennheiser 600 (EU) 11 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 27 seconds ago
- › WTB Ultrasone Pro 900 56 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Portable DAC/Amp for use on Android to use with se846. 1 minute ago
- › bryston bha-1 3 minutes ago
- › HD800: benefits of a 43 ohms impedance adapter ? 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)