My DT990s died without a warning...... It was in a bad state (even after it was fixed..... the people at Beyer did nothing) going to take it back and fix it, should still be covered in warranty (hopefully)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 6/7/14 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 474
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So far I feel like this is the first time most of my gear feels... substantial. If that makes sense.
Funny, there is a new DBZ OAV. They apparently will be fighting the god of destruction and his pet giant rat / bunny
Oh wow... I don't remember Goku's Japanese voice being so repulsive. But then I mostly remember the English dubs.
Well, I do remember the Japanese "cha la, head cha la" theme. And now that's stuck in my head. Great.
At first I read that as "get it on with MuppetFace."
Very nice. Don't crop the T50RPs out of the shot! Let's see how the pair looks together.
I tend to hype up the confusion thing quite a bit. Truth is, one gets used to it fairly quickly. And because we don't have the exact same avatar, there are subtle differences that tend to become more glaring over time.
It was meant to symbolize the futility of coming up with something as good as the original. But I also went that way because that event (and the way it went down) just cracks me up every time I think about it.
Well we haven't ruled that out either.
Here we go!
BTW, for anyone that would otherwise have not participated in TMAC before, but who would like to pay homage to Mupps this month, feel free to join in!
Now I just have to decide which avatar I'm gonna sport...
The TH600 will be here today or tomorrow.
A few notes on the SM64 this morning. In terms of imaging and staging, they continue to amaze me; in this area I feel they definitely compete with the best of the best in the IEM world regardless of price. Detail retrieval is likewise very impressive without sounding analytic. What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life; when I raise them from the dead along with raising the volume however, the highs get slightly glaring. It's not bad mind you, but it does result in a slightly less favorable assessment when it comes to these being uber-listenable for long periods of time.
Why thank you! It makes me laugh, and laughter being important in life and all...
What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
Understandably, I'm curious as to whether this will supplant the Flat4 (either in whole or in part) in terms of you preferences. I think jgray would probably be interested in this as well.
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life;
Might be a bit of brute-force thinking on my part, but I'm curious as to what would happen if they tried to shove a fourth BA driver in there.
BTW guys, why so quiet today?
I too, was sitting in silence. We could have had virtual tea and talked audio.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 seconds ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 24 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Attaching an E12 to an X3: useful? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)