Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 474  

post #7096 of 21761

My DT990s died without a warning...... It was in a bad state (even after it was fixed..... the people at Beyer did nothing) going to take it back and fix it, should still be covered in warranty (hopefully) 

post #7097 of 21761
For what it's worth, my Anime Thread-built Project-H DIY DAC/amp combo has arrived safely.



So far I feel like this is the first time most of my gear feels... substantial. If that makes sense.
post #7098 of 21761
Think I'm going to take a vacation from this thread til April. Having to check every post for the actual poster... is going to be annoying! LOL
post #7099 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Funny, there is a new DBZ OAV. They apparently will be fighting the god of destruction and his pet giant rat / bunny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2V4jmo8L0&feature=player_embedded

 

Oh wow... I don't remember Goku's Japanese voice being so repulsive. But then I mostly remember the English dubs.

 

Well, I do remember the Japanese "cha la, head cha la" theme. And now that's stuck in my head. Great.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

I um... went is a slightly different direction. 

 

LOL.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

OK back, so what do you guys think?

 

Looking good!

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Why do I have an urge to apply nail polish to my toenails while listening to Pink?

 

 

jgb4pilbjpq9h74w_1224684506

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

You're saying Head-Fiers harbor a secret fetish to get it on with Muppets?

 

 

At first I read that as "get it on with MuppetFace."

 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

For what it's worth, my Anime Thread-built Project-H DIY DAC/amp combo has arrived safely.

So far I feel like this is the first time most of my gear feels... substantial. If that makes sense.

 

Very nice. Don't crop the T50RPs out of the shot! Let's see how the pair looks together.

post #7100 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

jgb4pilbjpq9h74w_1224684506

The thing that the cat's playing with looks like this:

post #7101 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Think I'm going to take a vacation from this thread til April. Having to check every post for the actual poster... is going to be annoying! LOL

 

biggrin.gif  I tend to hype up the confusion thing quite a bit.  Truth is, one gets used to it fairly quickly.  And because we don't have the exact same avatar, there are subtle differences that tend to become more glaring over time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I um... went is a slightly different direction. 

 

LOL.

 

It was meant to symbolize the futility of coming up with something as good as the original.  But I also went that way because that event (and the way it went down) just cracks me up every time I think about it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

You're saying Head-Fiers harbor a secret fetish to get it on with Muppets?

 

At first I read that as "get it on with MuppetFace."

 

Well we haven't ruled that out either.

post #7102 of 21761
The cable in the first pic wasn't from my T50RP (Nami-chan) but from my MS1000. Ask name and ye shall receive.



It's supposed to be like a Obj2 but with a few different opamps used in it, but hell if I know what's the difference is since I haven't had the chance to use one.
post #7103 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Here we go!

BTW, for anyone that would otherwise have not participated in TMAC before, but who would like to pay homage to Mupps this month, feel free to join in!  smile.gif

Now I just have to decide which avatar I'm gonna sport...

Youravataristoogood.
post #7104 of 21761
Thread Starter 

The TH600 will be here today or tomorrow.

 

A few notes on the SM64 this morning. In terms of imaging and staging, they continue to amaze me; in this area I feel they definitely compete with the best of the best in the IEM world regardless of price. Detail retrieval is likewise very impressive without sounding analytic. What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.

 

It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life; when I raise them from the dead along with raising the volume however, the highs get slightly glaring. It's not bad mind you, but it does result in a slightly less favorable assessment when it comes to these being uber-listenable for long periods of time.

post #7105 of 21761
Blargh, and here someone just PMed me a deal on the 334s :l How does one contend with such internal strife?
post #7106 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Now I just have to decide which avatar I'm gonna sport...

Youravataristoogood.

 

Why thank you!  It makes me laugh, and laughter being important in life and all... smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.

 

blink.gif  Understandably, I'm curious as to whether this will supplant the Flat4 (either in whole or in part) in terms of you preferences.  I think jgray would probably be interested in this as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life;

 

Might be a bit of brute-force thinking on my part, but I'm curious as to what would happen if they tried to shove a fourth BA driver in there.

 

BTW guys, why so quiet today?

post #7107 of 21761

 

Must try to play this.

post #7108 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

BTW guys, why so quiet today?

 

I'm sitting here in silence waiting for the doorbell to ring and my AD900X / XBA-40 to arrive.

 

Trouble is I don't even know if it will be today...

post #7109 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

BTW guys, why so quiet today?

 

I'm sitting here in silence waiting for the doorbell to ring and my AD900X / XBA-40 to arrive.

 

Trouble is I don't even know if it will be today...

 

I too, was sitting in silence. We could have had virtual tea and talked audio.

post #7110 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I too, was sitting in silence. We could have had virtual tea and talked audio.

 

A tea party with the silent one. Sounds kinda zen.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2