My DT990s died without a warning...... It was in a bad state (even after it was fixed..... the people at Beyer did nothing) going to take it back and fix it, should still be covered in warranty (hopefully)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- entry level Bassy headphones Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/LF: Koss ESP950 Last post on 11/5/13 at 11:34am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best headphones under 150 for Rock, Grunge, Punk, etc? Last post on 11/9/13 at 8:52am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 474
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7097 of 199512/28/13 at 12:51ampost #7098 of 199512/28/13 at 2:18ampost #7099 of 199512/28/13 at 2:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
Funny, there is a new DBZ OAV. They apparently will be fighting the god of destruction and his pet giant rat / bunny
Oh wow... I don't remember Goku's Japanese voice being so repulsive. But then I mostly remember the English dubs.
Well, I do remember the Japanese "cha la, head cha la" theme. And now that's stuck in my head. Great.Quote:
At first I read that as "get it on with MuppetFace."Quote:
Very nice. Don't crop the T50RPs out of the shot! Let's see how the pair looks together.post #7100 of 199512/28/13 at 2:45ampost #7101 of 199512/28/13 at 3:01amQuote:
I tend to hype up the confusion thing quite a bit. Truth is, one gets used to it fairly quickly. And because we don't have the exact same avatar, there are subtle differences that tend to become more glaring over time.
It was meant to symbolize the futility of coming up with something as good as the original. But I also went that way because that event (and the way it went down) just cracks me up every time I think about it.
Well we haven't ruled that out either.post #7102 of 199512/28/13 at 3:16amThe cable in the first pic wasn't from my T50RP (Nami-chan) but from my MS1000. Ask name and ye shall receive.
It's supposed to be like a Obj2 but with a few different opamps used in it, but hell if I know what's the difference is since I haven't had the chance to use one.post #7103 of 199512/28/13 at 5:16ampost #7104 of 199512/28/13 at 9:15amThread Starter
The TH600 will be here today or tomorrow.
A few notes on the SM64 this morning. In terms of imaging and staging, they continue to amaze me; in this area I feel they definitely compete with the best of the best in the IEM world regardless of price. Detail retrieval is likewise very impressive without sounding analytic. What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life; when I raise them from the dead along with raising the volume however, the highs get slightly glaring. It's not bad mind you, but it does result in a slightly less favorable assessment when it comes to these being uber-listenable for long periods of time.post #7105 of 199512/28/13 at 9:27ampost #7106 of 199512/28/13 at 5:32pmQuote:
Why thank you! It makes me laugh, and laughter being important in life and all...Quote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
Understandably, I'm curious as to whether this will supplant the Flat4 (either in whole or in part) in terms of you preferences. I think jgray would probably be interested in this as well.Quote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life;
Might be a bit of brute-force thinking on my part, but I'm curious as to what would happen if they tried to shove a fourth BA driver in there.
BTW guys, why so quiet today?post #7107 of 199512/28/13 at 5:50pmpost #7108 of 199512/28/13 at 6:37pm
I'm sitting here in silence waiting for the doorbell to ring and my AD900X / XBA-40 to arrive.
Trouble is I don't even know if it will be today...post #7109 of 199512/28/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
I too, was sitting in silence. We could have had virtual tea and talked audio.post #7110 of 199512/28/13 at 7:23pmQuote:
A tea party with the silent one. Sounds kinda zen.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 44 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for Classical music? 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X3 Review 1 minute ago
- › Can I use Vsonic gr07 mkII for gym? 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi