My DT990s died without a warning...... It was in a bad state (even after it was fixed..... the people at Beyer did nothing) going to take it back and fix it, should still be covered in warranty (hopefully)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 474
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7097 of 217602/28/13 at 12:51amFor what it's worth, my Anime Thread-built Project-H DIY DAC/amp combo has arrived safely.
So far I feel like this is the first time most of my gear feels... substantial. If that makes sense.post #7098 of 217602/28/13 at 2:18ampost #7099 of 217602/28/13 at 2:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
Funny, there is a new DBZ OAV. They apparently will be fighting the god of destruction and his pet giant rat / bunny
Oh wow... I don't remember Goku's Japanese voice being so repulsive. But then I mostly remember the English dubs.
Well, I do remember the Japanese "cha la, head cha la" theme. And now that's stuck in my head. Great.Quote:
At first I read that as "get it on with MuppetFace."Quote:
Very nice. Don't crop the T50RPs out of the shot! Let's see how the pair looks together.post #7100 of 217602/28/13 at 2:45ampost #7101 of 217602/28/13 at 3:01amQuote:
I tend to hype up the confusion thing quite a bit. Truth is, one gets used to it fairly quickly. And because we don't have the exact same avatar, there are subtle differences that tend to become more glaring over time.
It was meant to symbolize the futility of coming up with something as good as the original. But I also went that way because that event (and the way it went down) just cracks me up every time I think about it.
Well we haven't ruled that out either.post #7102 of 217602/28/13 at 3:16ampost #7103 of 217602/28/13 at 5:16amQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Here we go!
BTW, for anyone that would otherwise have not participated in TMAC before, but who would like to pay homage to Mupps this month, feel free to join in!
Now I just have to decide which avatar I'm gonna sport...
Youravataristoogood.post #7104 of 217602/28/13 at 9:15amThread Starter
The TH600 will be here today or tomorrow.
A few notes on the SM64 this morning. In terms of imaging and staging, they continue to amaze me; in this area I feel they definitely compete with the best of the best in the IEM world regardless of price. Detail retrieval is likewise very impressive without sounding analytic. What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life; when I raise them from the dead along with raising the volume however, the highs get slightly glaring. It's not bad mind you, but it does result in a slightly less favorable assessment when it comes to these being uber-listenable for long periods of time.post #7105 of 217602/28/13 at 9:27ampost #7106 of 217602/28/13 at 5:32pmQuote:
Why thank you! It makes me laugh, and laughter being important in life and all...Quote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
What is so interesting about these is that they have that microdynamic finesse and subtlety of some of my favorite earphones like the PFE232 and Flat4, something you typically find with very heady or cerebral monitors (those which have a lot of "inner depth" in Romy-lingo). Only in this case it's found on an earphone with a very out-of-head presentation. That's something I don't encounter often.
Understandably, I'm curious as to whether this will supplant the Flat4 (either in whole or in part) in terms of you preferences. I think jgray would probably be interested in this as well.Quote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
It's not all sunshine and roses however. Bass response continues to underwhelm me, a rather featureless sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise elaborate tapestry of sound. Also I'm noticing the mids seem a little underwhelming at lower volumes requiring me to crank it up a bit to bring them back to life;
Might be a bit of brute-force thinking on my part, but I'm curious as to what would happen if they tried to shove a fourth BA driver in there.
BTW guys, why so quiet today?post #7107 of 217602/28/13 at 5:50pmpost #7108 of 217602/28/13 at 6:37pmpost #7109 of 217602/28/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
I too, was sitting in silence. We could have had virtual tea and talked audio.post #7110 of 217602/28/13 at 7:23pm
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 33 seconds ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 1 minute ago
- › Power tube stage for AMR iFi Micro iDSD headphone / preamp 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › MANDARINES foam ear tips...... perfection 7 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 9 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...