Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 471  

post #7051 of 21761
"That's because it's less fatiguing than the Flat4. As much as I adore the Flat4, after 30 minutes I feel a bit tuckered"

That's of particular worry to me. My convos with Driver indicate that he reckons he's more sensitive to treble than you are. I liked that you described the SM64 as eminently listenable. That's a quality that I really enjoyed about the SM3. Overly technical presentations do irk me in the sense that they can hinder my enjoyment since I'm analyzing rather than simply experiencing the music - its distracting y'know?
post #7052 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

A few updates....

 

~> I appreciate the vote of confidence in selecting playlist themes. I'll post the first theme by the end of this week, if that works for diary members.

 

Well you know, it's like we have choice if we wanted it any earlier.  wink.gif 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

@Magick: your life needs to be made into a movie, Followed by a car chase biggrin.gif

I only tell people the good parts, there's been a lot of crap too. tongue.gif

 

Crap is unavoidable.  Having said that, I'd still give everything I own to make the crippling condition go away... in a heartbeat I would.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

My old place had nice built in shelving which I used for most of my gear.

 

Wait, so you're in Portland now?  If so, how do you like it so far?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The EarSonics SM64 is in my ears.

 

They actually sound bloody fantastic. They have a very large sound. Very "full-sized headphone." The presentation strikes me as cinematic, large in scale and expansive.

 

Interesting... While I'm definitely intrigued by this, something holds me back.  I'm trying to picture how this would sound with a wide variety of genres, and I'm not sure I'd want this with all genres, all of the time. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Edit: even better with Romy's notes. These are on my radar now. Will have to rethink my Flat-4 plan
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

If someone were to give me $500 and say "buy one pair of IEMs to use for the rest of the year," I'd go for the Flat4 without hesitation. At least, until this morning. Now I'd at least hesitate as thoughts of the SM64 invaded my mind.

 

Honestly I should hold off on the impressions for the time being. New toy, excitability, all that. I want to spend more time living with it before making any grand declarations.

 

@Idsynchrono_24:  Aww don't say that, it makes me want do the same.  It's a smart move of course.  It's just that I was reveling in the notion that the next IEM purchase had been decided and all that.

 

@MuppetFace:  I think impressions, initial or otherwise, are always a good thing.  And in this hobby, is there such a thing as a grand declaration (or at least a final declaration)?  Okay maybe there is, but they're few and far between right?

 


 

VICTORY!

 

BTW, I don't know if you've been in the TMAC thread lately, but I do believe that I've been successful in lobbying for MuppetFace March.  smile.gif 

 

jgray, you might want to pop in there and throw up a poll so we can capitalize on the overwhelming support for Romy that's popped up in the past few days. 

 

Congratulations Romy, you're about to be messed with honored by TMAC!

beerchug.gif

post #7053 of 21761
"@Idsynchrono_24:  Aww don't say that, it makes me want do the same.  It's a smart move of course.  It's just that I was reveling in the notion that the next IEM purchase had been decided and all that."


"Anything you can do, I can do better"

New IEMs are basically the siren song of little Annie being sung unto perpetuity
post #7054 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The way I'm feeling at the moment however, I think I might choose the SM64 in answer to the above hypothetical. That's because it's less fatiguing than the Flat4. As much as I adore the Flat4, after 30 minutes I feel a bit tuckered. That just goes with the U-shaped territory for me. So far I still think the Flat4 is more fun to listen to however, maybe the most fun of any IEM I've ever heard. It has more character and speaks to my particular sensibilities more.

Wow. I feel like I'm a bit immune to treble peaks based on the FXT90, but I don't know about that now after the Beyer T1...

say no to treble peaks.png This is my stance now.

And lol it's quite a good $100 more than the Flat-4 too, but as always with new stuff, it's just a matter of time before all the mass purchase from the thread will result in a few used ones on sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

jgray, you might want to pop in there and throw up a poll

If it's already unanimous, there's no need to put up a useless poll. Also make someone in the thread write up the hype paragraph for the OP. I'm kind of busy ATM lol.
post #7055 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

 

VICTORY!

 

BTW, I don't know if you've been in the TMAC thread lately, but I do believe that I've been successful in lobbying for MuppetFace March.  smile.gif 

 

jgray, you might want to pop in there and throw up a poll so we can capitalize on the overwhelming support for Romy that's popped up in the past few days. 

 

Congratulations Romy, you're about to be messed with honored by TMAC!

beerchug.gif

 

Warren, I'll be asking you to add the TMAC insignia (in a subtle manner) to this, I think...smile_phones.gif

 

post #7056 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

jgray, you might want to pop in there and throw up a poll

If it's already unanimous, there's no need to put up a useless poll.

 

Ahh, so we're going full Illuminati now... biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Also make someone in the thread write up the hype paragraph for the OP. I'm kind of busy ATM lol.

 

I got your back, I'll do it.  smile.gif  I'll try to send you a snippet of HTML source that you can plug into the OP.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Warren, I'll be asking you to add the TMAC insignia (in a subtle manner) to this, I think...smile_phones.gif

 

 

No sweat.  I'll probably rig up a few other selections as well based on her current/past avatars.  Those of you with a long memory might remember how I once had a thing for one of her old avatars.  Well, not a thing really, just - nevermind.

post #7057 of 21761

I'm wondering... MF, have you ever posted pics of the gear you currently have? I'm not sure if it was you that said most of it was stored anyway, but since you got rid of some of your equipment, maybe you can take a couple of pics once you buy your new shelves? Do you still have the Murasama? I would love to see pics of those! ...

 

**unrelated** Now I want a sword!

 

Slow day at the office...

 

:(

post #7058 of 21761

Ok so phone + iem has been cutting it on the bus, where the noise floor is so high the listening can only ever be so good.

 

At my desk at work?  It's awful.

 

Do you guys generally keep gear at your desk at work?  Run with a portable?

post #7059 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Wait, so you're in Portland now?  If so, how do you like it so far?

 

 

Not yet --- still have the semester to get through. I mean my old place, before moving to my current residence.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Congratulations Romy, you're about to be messed with honored by TMAC!

beerchug.gif

 

Pink hair and glasses on everything? That would look kind of funny. In a good way.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

No sweat.  I'll probably rig up a few other selections as well based on her current/past avatars.  Those of you with a long memory might remember how I once had a thing for one of her old avatars.  Well, not a thing really, just - nevermind.

 

A Brief History of MuppetFace ['s Avatars]

 

2010 - 2011

 

 

 

 

2012

 

 

 

 

 

 

2013

 

 

 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

I'm wondering... MF, have you ever posted pics of the gear you currently have? I'm not sure if it was you that said most of it was stored anyway, but since you got rid of some of your equipment, maybe you can take a couple of pics once you buy your new shelves? Do you still have the Murasama? I would love to see pics of those! ...

 

**unrelated** Now I want a sword!

 

Slow day at the office...

 

:(

 

 

I've posted a few things here and there. Now that I'm on a campaign to organize everything, I'll probably be posting more.

post #7060 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

And lol it's quite a good $100 more than the Flat-4 too, but as always with new stuff, it's just a matter of time before all the mass purchase from the thread will result in a few used ones on sale.

They're the same price no? $500? Least the F-4 is roughly $500 on Musica. And yeah I'm gonna see what pops up over at FS cause hell, upgraditis is endemic to the Head-Fi population. That's why I envy those guys with their earpods and their nanos stuffed with 128 Kbps AAC files. First you get upgraditis, wondering whether those new fangled phones really could let you hear the weight of a mallet or smell the rosin particles in a violin bow, let that go unchecked for too long and you've got full blown GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). Next thing you know, you're sitting in a beat up recliner with a needle in your arm, siphoning platelets, and wondering how the hell things ever got so bad 
post #7061 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

I've posted a few things here and there. Now that I'm on a campaign to organize everything, I'll probably be posting more.

 

Awesome!!

 

gs1000.gif

post #7062 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


They're the same price no? $500? Least the F-4 is roughly $500 on Musica. And yeah I'm gonna see what pops up over at FS cause hell, upgraditis is endemic to the Head-Fi population. That's why I envy those guys with their earpods and their nanos stuffed with 128 Kbps AAC files. First you get upgraditis, wondering whether those new fangled phones really could let you hear the weight of a mallet or smell the rosin particles in a violin bow, let that go unchecked for too long and you've got full blown GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). Next thing you know, you're sitting in a beat up recliner with a needle in your arm, siphoning platelets, and wondering how the hell things ever got so bad 

Hmm maybe that's from somewhere I don't remember. Ah well.

I have an earpod (named Saya ) and I'm still not satisfied. :P
post #7063 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Pink hair and glasses on everything? That would look kind of funny. In a good way.

I hope this is what you had in mind.

 

post #7064 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

 

 

 

2013

 

 

 

 

I've taken a liking to these two.

beerchug.gif

post #7065 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Slow day at the office...

 

:(

 

Same here.  This helped:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zYisR9KXTlw

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuroth View Post

Ok so phone + iem has been cutting it on the bus, where the noise floor is so high the listening can only ever be so good.

 

At my desk at work?  It's awful.

 

Do you guys generally keep gear at your desk at work?  Run with a portable?

 

Yeah, even on [supposedly] quiet commuter trains, the noise floor prevents full enjoyment.  It's too loud to listen, too quiet to stay conscious.  As a result, I usually pass out.

 

Things are usually pretty quiet at work though.  I usually have 3~5 cans around me at work.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Wait, so you're in Portland now?  If so, how do you like it so far?

 

Not yet --- still have the semester to get through. I mean my old place, before moving to my current residence.

 

Oh okay.  Time (or rather my perception of it) has been off as of late, so I thought it had already happened.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Congratulations Romy, you're about to be messed with honored by TMAC!

beerchug.gif

 

Pink hair and glasses on everything? That would look kind of funny. In a good way.

 

Hey, there's an idea.  We can do that for everyone that wants a custom avatar.  They provide the portrait, I'll do the MuppetFacetization.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

Well hello there... we meet again.  Come here often?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I hope this is what you had in mind.

 

 

LOL, Tangster beat me to it, but yeah - like that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

2013

 

 

beerchug.gif

 

Yeah, I think this is what a lot of people will end up going for (because the confusion factor is always fun).

 


 

Okay, at the risk of double-posting, I'm gonna take all these ideas back to the TMAC thread to fill everyone in on what the choices are.  smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2