or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 437  

post #6541 of 21760
And crawfish. If I ever had a reason to stay in Louisiana, it would be crawfish. And maybe my girlfriend. But mostly crawfish
post #6542 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


I literally went broke in my first week in Louisiana because of Cane's.

Yes, the KFC in Jamaica is immeasurably better than the ones here. Every Friday evening, cars line up for blocks at every location. The ones here have the cliche tumbleweed going through the premises.

 

KFC in the midwest is pretty good to be honest. I still prefer Church's and I don't think I've had Popeye's yet actually. Okay, think about it this way for Cane's. If you take away the sauce it isn't even in the same ballpark as Church's. That's just my 2 cents though. 

post #6543 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

... In foreign countries however KFC has much higher standards of quality in order to compete.

That's very true... KFC in Asia (well at least Malaysia and India) is significantly better than the US. It's pretty popular and often the first US chain to break into these markets (largely because of dietary restrictions).

And, you're right, they have to be good because the local stuff is better. Mamak fried chicken from the food stalls anywhere in KL is freakin awesome .. the best fried bird (except for a well executed la zi ji).
post #6544 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post


That's very true... KFC in Asia (well at least Malaysia and India) is significantly better than the US. It's pretty popular and often the first US chain to break into these markets (largely because of dietary restrictions).

And, you're right, they have to be good because the local stuff is better. Mamak fried chicken from the food stalls anywhere in KL is freakin awesome .. the best fried bird (except for a well executed la zi ji).

 

This is a bit of tangent, but on the topic of birds, I'm absolutely IN LOVE with roast duck. It's honestly the best tasting fowl I've ever had. It's too bad it's 1) difficult to find the the states, and 2) when you do find it the quality of it just isn't nearly as good. The way they cook, prepare, and present it in Beijing for usually a mere 200 RMB for an entire duck in a mid-high class restaurant is honestly fantastic. And the skin. The skin just melts on my tongue.

post #6545 of 21760

KFC in Europe is actually quite decent. I was surprised that the chicken was quite good. Compared to KFC in south east Asia, their chicken is way better.

But all things considered, fast food chains in Europe usually has higher and stricter standards than in the US or Asia. For example, McDonalds in Europe has monthly regional specials that are sometimes excellent.

Pizza Hut in Jakarta though... Yuck... Except for their Salad Bar which is quite decent.

post #6546 of 21760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

KFC in the midwest is pretty good to be honest. I still prefer Church's and I don't think I've had Popeye's yet actually. Okay, think about it this way for Cane's. If you take away the sauce it isn't even in the same ballpark as Church's. That's just my 2 cents though. 

 

The quality of locations varies quite a bit from one Cane's to another. I've noticed some of them don't change their oil enough. In the South however, most Cane's are tops. Church's is pretty good, but again the quality can vary quite a bit from one to another. KFC is pretty much uniformly awful throughout the South in my experience.

post #6547 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

The quality of locations varies quite a bit from one Cane's to another. I've noticed some of them don't change their oil enough. In the South however, most Cane's are tops. Church's is pretty good, but again the quality can vary quite a bit from one to another. KFC is pretty much uniformly awful throughout the South in my experience.

Hmm, I guess I've never really had Cane's outside of my city so I can't judge what the quality in the other places is. Perhaps yours is better. The only fried chicken I think I've had out of my city from a corporation was probably KFC, and that was only in China, and it was a fair bit better there. 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

KFC in Europe is actually quite decent. I was surprised that the chicken was quite good. Compared to KFC in south east Asia, their chicken is way better.

But all things considered, fast food chains in Europe usually has higher and stricter standards than in the US or Asia. For example, McDonalds in Europe has monthly regional specials that are sometimes excellent.

Pizza Hut in Jakarta though... Yuck... Except for their Salad Bar which is quite decent.

 

I actually don't mind Pizza Hut in China. Or since the last time I went. They have a more buffet style type of thing and iirc its $100 rmb to enter and its all you can eat for an hour before they kick you out. Quite good, I think I liked it mostly because most of their ingredients were so different from what I usually expect on Pizza in America. On the topic of pizza, apart from small family owned stores the best chain restaurant that I think I've had would have to be California Pizza Kitchen. 


Edited by 28980 - 2/21/13 at 9:35pm
post #6548 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

I'm debating what to do with my next paycheck. Either a nice watch, well what I consider nice at least as I've never owned a watch that hasn't been one of those kiddie ones with the plastic straps.

 

 

 

 

is the one I currently have my eye on. Or an aftermarket cable for the HE-500, mostly for ergonomic and aesthetics. Would be a nice bonus if it provided sonic boosts as well but I've never dabbled in cables before so it'll be nice to get some personal experience. (The stock cable drives me insane with its tangles) 

 

Or just keep saving money. 

 

EDIT: 

 

 


 

 

Not necessarily true. I've had Chipotle at least once a week since freshman year of high school and I'm still in love with it. In fact freshman year 4/5 days of the school week I would eat there and I never got tired of it. Cane's has just gotten to the point where I feel physically nauseous after I eat it.

looks nice~ even though leather watches are meh for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Raising Cane's is pretty great.

 

Also there are plenty of small hole-in-the-wall chicken places in the South that do homemade fried chicken. Out of a frying pan and everything.

^that too :3 but the KFC that I had was much crisper and tastier for me after not having it for years

post #6549 of 21760

Ohhhhh, wonderful......this is just wonderful. Here's me 6 weeks into a diet and tonight I walk into a thread thats 2 pages long discussing fast food and specifically KFC. I'm so craving KFC right now confused_face.gif

post #6550 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Ohhhhh, wonderful......this is just wonderful. Here's me 6 weeks into a diet and tonight I walk into a thread thats 2 pages long discussing fast food and specifically KFC. I'm so craving KFC right now confused_face.gif
Or do what you should be doing naturally... vomiting at the thought of eating it.
post #6551 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

I'm debating what to do with my next paycheck. Either a nice watch, well what I consider nice at least as I've never owned a watch that hasn't been one of those kiddie ones with the plastic straps.

 

 

 

 

is the one I currently have my eye on. Or an aftermarket cable for the HE-500, mostly for ergonomic and aesthetics. Would be a nice bonus if it provided sonic boosts as well but I've never dabbled in cables before so it'll be nice to get some personal experience. (The stock cable drives me insane with its tangles) 

 

Or just keep saving money. 

 

HERE you go sir.

post #6552 of 21760
Sort of above his budget... by a factor of 6.
Edited by Maxvla - 2/21/13 at 9:52pm
post #6553 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Sort of above his budget...


It's above mine to but what can I say for whatever reason I really like those watches

post #6554 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Sort of above his budget...

 

This. Lol.

 

The Tissot is only $160. >_>.

post #6555 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Ohhhhh, wonderful......this is just wonderful. Here's me 6 weeks into a diet and tonight I walk into a thread thats 2 pages long discussing fast food and specifically KFC. I'm so craving KFC right now confused_face.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post


Or do what you should be doing naturally... vomiting at the thought of eating it.

?!?!?!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2