I hate the UK sometimes. £20 customs and duty bill for a $16 item, that's 190% more than the dang item itself! Not paying that without a proper breakdown of costs beforehand. If I think it's wrong I'm still not paying until they get it right.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Koss amp Last post on 3/20/14 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 435post #6511 of 214082/21/13 at 3:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6512 of 214082/21/13 at 4:32pmQuote:
Look on the bright side, it'd probably be worse if you were not there. So they're fortunate and likely in better shape than they otherwise would be. Note that I didn't say bright side for you per se. But a least someone is getting a good deal out of this.Quote:
My God! Why would they do such a thing? Shouldn't a government love it's people?post #6513 of 214082/21/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by VortexBlast
I also like the SRT Viper better than the Corvette Stingray, but then again, the first time I saw a Viper is when I was very, very little, it was a red 95 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe and since then, I've been a big fan of Vipers. The Viper has this aura, this presence that no other cars have.
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.post #6514 of 214082/21/13 at 4:47pmpost #6515 of 214082/21/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.
I think that there will be a C7 ZR1 in the same way that there will be a SRT Viper ACR. Those two cars are like Canon or Nikon, or Hifiman HE-500 vs Audez'e LCD-2. They're both worst enemies but also vital.
Anyway, I'm glad that the Viper still exists. It's like TVRs, mad yet wonderful.post #6516 of 214082/21/13 at 6:12pmpost #6517 of 214082/21/13 at 6:43pmpost #6518 of 214082/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
Well I don't think it's gotten that bad yet... Actually, I don't live there, so I'm not sure.post #6519 of 214082/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by gelocks
Don't know why I found this oh so funny.... but I did:
I look forward to coming home and kicking off my shoes every night to watch Stewart and Colbert.post #6520 of 214082/21/13 at 7:04pmpost #6521 of 214082/21/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Ohio State offers a minor in Nuclear Engineering?
Perhaps... but we should remember that traveling to and from the US is what is expensive. Once he's here, it's relatively cheap to move about within the CONUS. And if we look at it that way, then it helps to be in the center of the country (more or less).
Exactly! And Canada's pretty close too. BTW, LOL @ "numbers"
And really fun flash mobs!
Yes there's a minor in nuclear engineering. I don't know if we have a major in it or not but for arts & sciences majors its offered.
Very true I guess, in that case come to OSU jgray~.
Also yeah, that's not even that big of an event :P. With a student body of over 50,000 a lot can happen. We also have yearly free concerts once in fall and once in spring. They're fairly big names too. We had weezer a few years back, last year was skrillex and mac miller. Our fall concert this year was 2 chainz and big sean LOL.post #6522 of 214082/21/13 at 7:29pmpost #6523 of 214082/21/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
What'd you have? I know it doesn't look like it would be good, but their famous bowls are pretty good.Quote:
It's just that, idk, that seems like the kind of thing that requires more than a minor.
Sure, but its just kinda nice seeing a bunch of students get together to do something fun and low-key like that.post #6524 of 214082/21/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
KFC is nasty. Popeye's is where it's at :D
OK, so I'm a bit late getting on the FOTM bandwagon, but I just got the MH1C for audition from one of my friends. I'm seriously considering selling my Wooduo and GR07 and just use these as a portable IEM until I go custom.post #6525 of 214082/21/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Basshead Club 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VIII SE incl. matched quad 6h30p-dr supertubes -... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 5 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob