I hate the UK sometimes. £20 customs and duty bill for a $16 item, that's 190% more than the dang item itself! Not paying that without a proper breakdown of costs beforehand. If I think it's wrong I'm still not paying until they get it right.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic Clear Gel Pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Full Review + ATH-M50 Comparison Last post on 2/15/14 at 9:00am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 435post #6511 of 211512/21/13 at 3:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6512 of 211512/21/13 at 4:32pmQuote:
Look on the bright side, it'd probably be worse if you were not there. So they're fortunate and likely in better shape than they otherwise would be. Note that I didn't say bright side for you per se. But a least someone is getting a good deal out of this.Quote:
My God! Why would they do such a thing? Shouldn't a government love it's people?post #6513 of 211512/21/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by VortexBlast
I also like the SRT Viper better than the Corvette Stingray, but then again, the first time I saw a Viper is when I was very, very little, it was a red 95 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe and since then, I've been a big fan of Vipers. The Viper has this aura, this presence that no other cars have.
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.post #6514 of 211512/21/13 at 4:47pmpost #6515 of 211512/21/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.
I think that there will be a C7 ZR1 in the same way that there will be a SRT Viper ACR. Those two cars are like Canon or Nikon, or Hifiman HE-500 vs Audez'e LCD-2. They're both worst enemies but also vital.
Anyway, I'm glad that the Viper still exists. It's like TVRs, mad yet wonderful.post #6516 of 211512/21/13 at 6:12pmpost #6517 of 211512/21/13 at 6:43pmpost #6518 of 211512/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
Well I don't think it's gotten that bad yet... Actually, I don't live there, so I'm not sure.post #6519 of 211512/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by gelocks
Don't know why I found this oh so funny.... but I did:
I look forward to coming home and kicking off my shoes every night to watch Stewart and Colbert.post #6520 of 211512/21/13 at 7:04pmpost #6521 of 211512/21/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Ohio State offers a minor in Nuclear Engineering?
Perhaps... but we should remember that traveling to and from the US is what is expensive. Once he's here, it's relatively cheap to move about within the CONUS. And if we look at it that way, then it helps to be in the center of the country (more or less).
Exactly! And Canada's pretty close too. BTW, LOL @ "numbers"
And really fun flash mobs!
Yes there's a minor in nuclear engineering. I don't know if we have a major in it or not but for arts & sciences majors its offered.
Very true I guess, in that case come to OSU jgray~.
Also yeah, that's not even that big of an event :P. With a student body of over 50,000 a lot can happen. We also have yearly free concerts once in fall and once in spring. They're fairly big names too. We had weezer a few years back, last year was skrillex and mac miller. Our fall concert this year was 2 chainz and big sean LOL.post #6522 of 211512/21/13 at 7:29pmpost #6523 of 211512/21/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
What'd you have? I know it doesn't look like it would be good, but their famous bowls are pretty good.Quote:
It's just that, idk, that seems like the kind of thing that requires more than a minor.
Sure, but its just kinda nice seeing a bunch of students get together to do something fun and low-key like that.post #6524 of 211512/21/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
KFC is nasty. Popeye's is where it's at :D
OK, so I'm a bit late getting on the FOTM bandwagon, but I just got the MH1C for audition from one of my friends. I'm seriously considering selling my Wooduo and GR07 and just use these as a portable IEM until I go custom.post #6525 of 211512/21/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Looking to Upgrade from CAL!s (~$300) 15 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › best on-ear under $100 5 minutes ago
- › new Fiio e11 plus L9 lod shipped anywhere 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 12 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude