I hate the UK sometimes. £20 customs and duty bill for a $16 item, that's 190% more than the dang item itself! Not paying that without a proper breakdown of costs beforehand. If I think it's wrong I'm still not paying until they get it right.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 435post #6511 of 217602/21/13 at 3:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6512 of 217602/21/13 at 4:32pmQuote:
Look on the bright side, it'd probably be worse if you were not there. So they're fortunate and likely in better shape than they otherwise would be. Note that I didn't say bright side for you per se. But a least someone is getting a good deal out of this.Quote:
My God! Why would they do such a thing? Shouldn't a government love it's people?post #6513 of 217602/21/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by VortexBlast
I also like the SRT Viper better than the Corvette Stingray, but then again, the first time I saw a Viper is when I was very, very little, it was a red 95 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe and since then, I've been a big fan of Vipers. The Viper has this aura, this presence that no other cars have.
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.post #6514 of 217602/21/13 at 4:47pmpost #6515 of 217602/21/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.
I think that there will be a C7 ZR1 in the same way that there will be a SRT Viper ACR. Those two cars are like Canon or Nikon, or Hifiman HE-500 vs Audez'e LCD-2. They're both worst enemies but also vital.
Anyway, I'm glad that the Viper still exists. It's like TVRs, mad yet wonderful.post #6516 of 217602/21/13 at 6:12pmpost #6517 of 217602/21/13 at 6:43pm
Don't know why I found this oh so funny.... but I did:post #6518 of 217602/21/13 at 6:55pmpost #6519 of 217602/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by gelocks
Don't know why I found this oh so funny.... but I did:
I look forward to coming home and kicking off my shoes every night to watch Stewart and Colbert.post #6520 of 217602/21/13 at 7:04pmpost #6521 of 217602/21/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Ohio State offers a minor in Nuclear Engineering?
Perhaps... but we should remember that traveling to and from the US is what is expensive. Once he's here, it's relatively cheap to move about within the CONUS. And if we look at it that way, then it helps to be in the center of the country (more or less).
Exactly! And Canada's pretty close too. BTW, LOL @ "numbers"
And really fun flash mobs!
Yes there's a minor in nuclear engineering. I don't know if we have a major in it or not but for arts & sciences majors its offered.
Very true I guess, in that case come to OSU jgray~.
Also yeah, that's not even that big of an event :P. With a student body of over 50,000 a lot can happen. We also have yearly free concerts once in fall and once in spring. They're fairly big names too. We had weezer a few years back, last year was skrillex and mac miller. Our fall concert this year was 2 chainz and big sean LOL.post #6522 of 217602/21/13 at 7:29pmpost #6523 of 217602/21/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
What'd you have? I know it doesn't look like it would be good, but their famous bowls are pretty good.Quote:
It's just that, idk, that seems like the kind of thing that requires more than a minor.
Sure, but its just kinda nice seeing a bunch of students get together to do something fun and low-key like that.post #6524 of 217602/21/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
KFC is nasty. Popeye's is where it's at :D
OK, so I'm a bit late getting on the FOTM bandwagon, but I just got the MH1C for audition from one of my friends. I'm seriously considering selling my Wooduo and GR07 and just use these as a portable IEM until I go custom.post #6525 of 217602/21/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 10 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 11 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 18 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 & X5 USB Drivers (for Windows only) 21 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 24 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2