I hate the UK sometimes. £20 customs and duty bill for a $16 item, that's 190% more than the dang item itself! Not paying that without a proper breakdown of costs beforehand. If I think it's wrong I'm still not paying until they get it right.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- dt 770pro or 990 Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- entry level Bassy headphones Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/LF: Koss ESP950 Last post on 11/5/13 at 11:34am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 435post #6511 of 199752/21/13 at 3:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6512 of 199752/21/13 at 4:32pmQuote:
Look on the bright side, it'd probably be worse if you were not there. So they're fortunate and likely in better shape than they otherwise would be. Note that I didn't say bright side for you per se. But a least someone is getting a good deal out of this.Quote:
My God! Why would they do such a thing? Shouldn't a government love it's people?post #6513 of 199752/21/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by VortexBlast
I also like the SRT Viper better than the Corvette Stingray, but then again, the first time I saw a Viper is when I was very, very little, it was a red 95 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe and since then, I've been a big fan of Vipers. The Viper has this aura, this presence that no other cars have.
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.post #6514 of 199752/21/13 at 4:47pmpost #6515 of 199752/21/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
We went and looked at the new SRT Viper and it's an improvement over the previous gens, more refined and comfortable. The Stingray isn't really a direct competitor, being much less expensive, but the "halo" C7 `vette (the Z06/ZR1 variant) should be a real player. If rumors are true, it's going to be a sub-3sec monster that will go head-to-head with the likes of the F12berlinetta, even in amenities. I'm skeptical, but very curious.
I think that there will be a C7 ZR1 in the same way that there will be a SRT Viper ACR. Those two cars are like Canon or Nikon, or Hifiman HE-500 vs Audez'e LCD-2. They're both worst enemies but also vital.
Anyway, I'm glad that the Viper still exists. It's like TVRs, mad yet wonderful.post #6516 of 199752/21/13 at 6:12pmpost #6517 of 199752/21/13 at 6:43pmpost #6518 of 199752/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
Well I don't think it's gotten that bad yet... Actually, I don't live there, so I'm not sure.post #6519 of 199752/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by gelocks
Don't know why I found this oh so funny.... but I did:
I look forward to coming home and kicking off my shoes every night to watch Stewart and Colbert.post #6520 of 199752/21/13 at 7:04pmpost #6521 of 199752/21/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Ohio State offers a minor in Nuclear Engineering?
Perhaps... but we should remember that traveling to and from the US is what is expensive. Once he's here, it's relatively cheap to move about within the CONUS. And if we look at it that way, then it helps to be in the center of the country (more or less).
Exactly! And Canada's pretty close too. BTW, LOL @ "numbers"
And really fun flash mobs!
Yes there's a minor in nuclear engineering. I don't know if we have a major in it or not but for arts & sciences majors its offered.
Very true I guess, in that case come to OSU jgray~.
Also yeah, that's not even that big of an event :P. With a student body of over 50,000 a lot can happen. We also have yearly free concerts once in fall and once in spring. They're fairly big names too. We had weezer a few years back, last year was skrillex and mac miller. Our fall concert this year was 2 chainz and big sean LOL.post #6522 of 199752/21/13 at 7:29pmpost #6523 of 199752/21/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
What'd you have? I know it doesn't look like it would be good, but their famous bowls are pretty good.Quote:
It's just that, idk, that seems like the kind of thing that requires more than a minor.
Sure, but its just kinda nice seeing a bunch of students get together to do something fun and low-key like that.post #6524 of 199752/21/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
KFC is nasty. Popeye's is where it's at :D
OK, so I'm a bit late getting on the FOTM bandwagon, but I just got the MH1C for audition from one of my friends. I'm seriously considering selling my Wooduo and GR07 and just use these as a portable IEM until I go custom.post #6525 of 199752/21/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! 21 seconds ago
- › Need help choosing a pair headphones up to 200 euros 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 2 minutes ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Do you think audiophiles have a much deeper appreciation of music... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi