Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 411  

post #6151 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

JDS Labs is making some very strong claims by saying it's C5 amp matches the O2. Lord Mordo's sycophants must be frothing at the mouth right now. You guys think it's all pre release hype or is there maybe a possibility they upped the bar?

They are obviously very good looking. Especially the red one.

 

$189 isn't that big of a deal either. I'll be awaiting some reviews first though.

post #6152 of 21761
Can last. fm function in browser only? if it can then I'm sure there's a chrome extension that can enable using it outside the MAFIAA targeted countries.
post #6153 of 21761

In the dorms @ Uni, I had a wonderful Chameleon. She lived on a 6 ft indoor tree inside the living room. No one was able to just walk up and locate her, save her dad. wink.gif

post #6154 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


No battery in the Magni, though.

 

 

Being off-the-grid does have its advantages. Though personally I like the amp section on the UHA-6S more.


Edited by MuppetFace - 2/16/13 at 1:21pm
post #6155 of 21761

Muppet do you think that if I bought an F1 for ~$150 and another $60 for the replacement pads it'd be worth it? A bit scared the driver will blow since it's been about 12 (?) years since its release. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

This is my daughter's Papillon, Mogwai. She calls her "kitty", but then the baby's only a year old and she thinks all animals are kitties. smily_headphones1.gif


furry, but quite fragile I presume? Most dogs that have hair that I've seen have been pretty skinny (no muscle/lots of skin that can move) past the fur. That's tangster's dinner tongue.gif

Edited by MrViolin - 2/16/13 at 2:46pm
post #6156 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

furry, but quite fragile I presume? Most dogs that have hair that I've seen have been pretty skinny (no muscle/lots of skin that can move) past the fur. That's tangster's dinner

OI!

post #6157 of 21761
She's a spunky little dog, and very intelligent (much more than my wife's longhaired chihuahua). More importantly, she's extremely gentle with my little girl, who has a tendency to grab her tail and ears unexpectedly.
post #6158 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

She's a spunky little dog, and very intelligent (much more than my wife's longhaired chihuahua). More importantly, she's extremely gentle with my little girl, who has a tendency to grab her tail and ears unexpectedly.

Hohoho. Easy pray for tangster. Is it me, or is it that dogs w/ longer snouts smarter? Speaking of gentle... so is my boston terrier. And that brings up a time w/ a doberman almost bit my face when I was a child...

post #6159 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

And that brings up a time w/ a doberman almost bit my face when I was a child...

Serves you right. tongue.gif

post #6160 of 21761
Right now they're playing in the floor, Emma's throwing foam building blocks at the puppy who then fetches them and barks at her. It's quite a show.
post #6161 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

They are obviously very good looking. Especially the red one.

 

$189 isn't that big of a deal either. I'll be awaiting some reviews first though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

 

Being off-the-grid does have its advantages. Though personally I like the amp section on the UHA-6S more.


It's an attractive mobile package at a nice price that is if it can truly deliver on it's claims. A mobile Magni I agree would be an even better package. I'm with you Coq, I'm going to wait for some impressions and see what the fuss is about.

post #6162 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

 


It's an attractive mobile package at a nice price that is if it can truly deliver on it's claims. A mobile Magni I agree would be an even better package. I'm with you Coq, I'm going to wait for some impressions and see what the fuss is about.

I don't know if it's me, but I just don't like chrome accents for some reason :/ otherwise I'd go for an anodized black w/ out chrome even if it's more matte when anodized.

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Right now they're playing in the floor, Emma's throwing foam building blocks at the puppy who then fetches them and barks at her. It's quite a show.
That scene in my head. Quite refreshing actually :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Serves you right. tongue.gif

Don't think so :)


Edited by MrViolin - 2/16/13 at 4:28pm
post #6163 of 21761
Here's my last dog, named Bunny cause she bounced all over the place as a pup. These are a couple of my last memories of her before we had to put her to sleep a week later due to her cancer causing her to be unable to move. She was 11 years old and she's been gone for about 8 years now.

bunny4f.jpg
bunny3.jpg
post #6164 of 21761

My pets are all strays that I've taken in over the years. The sweetest of the bunch is "Lady", a kitty that was abandoned by one of my neighbors a few years back, and somehow showed-up on my doorstep. Only cat I've ever come across that will go up to complete strangers and jump in their lap. My dad has two huge coon cats that rule his house, one of them is a solid 30 pounds and knocks furniture over. Maine Coons have interesting mutations: one has extra toes which makes his paws huge, the other has heterochromic eyes. If they weren't enough for him, a stray Bengal has been visiting his cats for the last few months.

 

Soul Eater is coming to Adultswim tonight. It fits their lineup perfectly. Now, if only they would pickup Gungrave, too...

post #6165 of 21761

I don't have pics atm, but I found a cat on our front porch when I was 3, which has since gone by the name "the cat" along with a million nicknames (the most common one being "floor monster").  It's sweet and we get along really well, but my mom wanted to keep her when I moved out in 2011 so I left her there.  That was probably for the best since, being 21 years old now, she's getting to be pretty senile.  She never cleans herself anymore and gets clumps like crazy if my mom doesn't brush her all the time.  I don't see her very often anymore, but I hope she lives forever.

 

My current cat is named Jerry and he's about 3 years old.  He's as active, affectionate, and loyal as a really nice dog when he's actually awake (and he can kind of play fetch).  A bit messy for a cat, though.  I can't leave bread bags out anywhere he can reach them because he'll rip them open and start voraciously eating the bread.  He's also knocked the garbage can over a few times to get at meat people have thrown out. 

 

I have yet to get those fish I was talking about months back.

 

Other pets I've had:

 

2 Hamsters

3 snakes

several fish

several newts

giant millipedes

a praying mantis

do ant farms count?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2