or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 410  

post #6136 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

It's been a long time I haven't been to my local Jaben. Turns out they had something extremely interesting and also, very obscure.

It's the Bakoon Products HDA-5210mk3 (Japan model only) and it's scarily powerful.

 

Paired up with my HE-500 and the synergy is unbelievable. At the low current setting, it is sufficient on powering the HE-500 but flick the switch to the high position and suddenly, everything is just a feast of power. The volume knob goes to 10 and it only needs to go to 2-2.5 to fully spread the HE-500's wings. This amp is so powerful that it makes the HE-6 look like it only needs milliwatts of power.

Problem with this amp is that I've been having trouble finding the spec sheets and the price (they told me it's more than $2000).

 

Also during my time at Jaben, I did once reviewed a bit negatively on the Ocharaku Flat-4 saying that it was like spikes of treble. Turns out I used the wrong tips (it was silicone tips that over-emphasised the treble).

I have reauditioned it with foam tips and my god, it is a wonderful IEM, Almost like a baby FitEar 334 but for a much lower price. One criticism though is the weird fit but that's just nitpicking. Sorry MuppetFace, you were right it's excellent.

 

Also reauditioned the FAD Muramasa. Excellent instrument separation but very midrange centric. The sound is also unique in its own way.

sexy amp. Is that an ALO cable, or one done by BTG? 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


I don't have a Breitling and would like to get one, just not one like that. I'm going to the local dealer tomorrow and they're going to hook me up with a trade (-10% for their trouble, of course). They have this one, in green, I like it.


that's the sweetspot :0 well for leather at least

post #6137 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

Looks more like a lighter lol.

I think they remind me of Zippo lighters.

 

DigitalFreak, I didn't know last.fm provided playlist capabilities to be honest. It sure is worth checking out though.

post #6138 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

I think they remind me of Zippo lighters.

 

DigitalFreak, I didn't know last.fm provided playlist capabilities to be honest. It sure is worth checking out though.


Like I said it's been awhile since I used it but as far as I remember it used to. They did a format update a few years back and I remember that was one of the new features. There was even a feature that let LastFm compile a suggestions playlist based on your charts. I left shortly after the update because the new layout and rather wonky profile interface was a turn off for me. The new updated neighbors feature was rather terrible in that I lost all my old neighbors and got new ones whose musical tastes were totally different from mine. Onn top of that the update completely screwed my friends list and left me no choice but to try and repopulate it. The site got pretty boring for me after that so I deleted my account uninstalled the app and left. I'll gladly set up a new account if everyone else is game to join and also try it out.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 2/16/13 at 9:36am
post #6139 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Since everyone seems keen on Coq's music idea why not just use LastFm or Sound Cloud. LastFm has a great playlist feature you can use and if you want to share with the diary club just post a link with your personal monthly or weekly music charts. I used to use it back in the day and it's not a half bad service for discovering new music or sharing your musical tastes with others. Sound Cloud I've never used but it seems everyone I know with an internet connection does so there must be something good about it for it to appeal to so many people.
I've never had a cat or a dog but I have had budgies and fish. I find fish especially relaxing to watch and I'll probably start up my tank again. This time around i'm thinking of getting a smaller tank and trying my hand at growing some real aquatic plants and getting a Siamese Fighting Fish. For some reason that fish appeals to me. Every time I see one I think it's the lone wolf of the fish world.

last.fm... yeah. Can't really use it outside the civilised world, a.k.a. NA and UK (and a few other European countries that I forgot). Russia is not one of them and Malaysia isn't too. I don't know, I'm sure there's some way so that I can use it, but I haven't been bothered much. Would do it just for this though.
post #6140 of 21760

Feeling bored so decided to mess with my iPhone camera.

 

Awwww so cute tongue.gif

post #6141 of 21760

JDS Labs is making some very strong claims by saying it's C5 amp matches the O2. Lord Mordo's sycophants must be frothing at the mouth right now. You guys think it's all pre release hype or is there maybe a possibility they upped the bar?


Edited by DigitalFreak - 2/16/13 at 11:05am
post #6142 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

 

What say thee?

 

Aye.  That is a brilliant idea!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

 

(I believe I just went supremus on y'all now, didn't I)

 

Whoa, it didn't even occur to me that you weren't Supremus all this time!  Congrats!  smile.gif  Here ya go...

 

700

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

but she goes insane over a drawstring that I cut off my pajama pants for her.

 

Consider yourself lucky.  I have a friend who has a dog, and his dog is on a mission to destroy every single squeaky toy that is brought into the house.  That can get expensive.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

I suppose I'll join this thread even though I have no idea what it's about~ ^_^.

 

I thought the same thing when I joined.  Unfortunately, I can't explain to you what this thread is about because I'm still not exactly sure.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #6143 of 21760

Welcome to the supremus threads coq :)

post #6144 of 21760
Ugh, there is a really famous song that I have the bassline stuck in my head, but I don't remember the lyrics (or if it even has lyrics), so there's no way for me to determine what it is.
post #6145 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by compoopers View Post

Ugh, there is a really famous song that I have the bassline stuck in my head, but I don't remember the lyrics (or if it even has lyrics), so there's no way for me to determine what it is.

Type out the bassline in wubwubwub form?

post #6146 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I thought the same thing when I joined.  Unfortunately, I can't explain to you what this thread is about because I'm still not exactly sure.

 

I kind of just jumped in since I spent most of my time in the anime thread... as in 90% of my post count. Time to branch out~

post #6147 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Like I said it's been awhile since I used it but as far as I remember it used to. They did a format update a few years back and I remember that was one of the new features. There was even a feature that let LastFm compile a suggestions playlist based on your charts. I left shortly after the update because the new layout and rather wonky profile interface was a turn off for me. The new updated neighbors feature was rather terrible in that I lost all my old neighbors and got new ones whose musical tastes were totally different from mine. Onn top of that the update completely screwed my friends list and left me no choice but to try and repopulate it. The site got pretty boring for me after that so I deleted my account uninstalled the app and left. I'll gladly set up a new account if everyone else is game to join and also try it out.

That sounds pretty good, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


last.fm... yeah. Can't really use it outside the civilised world, a.k.a. NA and UK (and a few other European countries that I forgot). Russia is not one of them and Malaysia isn't too. I don't know, I'm sure there's some way so that I can use it, but I haven't been bothered much. Would do it just for this though.

...man, we can't have something that doesn't work with everybody. I think we should just decide on doing it textually with links (perhaps youtube is preferred). Anything else I think would be just overdoing it and risking it just ending up failing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Aye.  That is a brilliant idea!

 

 

Whoa, it didn't even occur to me that you weren't Supremus all this time!  Congrats!  smile.gif  Here ya go...

 

700

 

 

Thanks biggrin.gif

 

Oh, how true that picture is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Welcome to the supremus threads coq :)

Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Type out the bassline in wubwubwub form?

Hahah!

 

There should be an international wub-wub notation I think.

post #6148 of 21760
This is my daughter's Papillon, Mogwai. She calls her "kitty", but then the baby's only a year old and she thinks all animals are kitties. smily_headphones1.gif


post #6149 of 21760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

JDS Labs is making some very strong claims by saying it's C5 amp matches the O2. Lord Mordo's sycophants must be frothing at the mouth right now. You guys think it's all pre release hype or is there maybe a possibility they upped the bar?

 

 

The Schiit Magni already upped the bar.

post #6150 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post


The Schiit Magni already upped the bar.

No battery in the Magni, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2