or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 408  

post #6106 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

@Coq de Combat I agree with muppetface, gorgeos dog, and great photo as well.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Wow that is horrible. I'd have requested for that dog to be put down as it would be a danger to people after such an incident. Heck I'd even be tempted to take it into my own hands it justice wasn't served (although two wrongs don't make a right).... mad.gif
 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I did file a police report though and a few weeks later I got letter basically saying that there wasn't anything they could do. I decided to let it go by then. Taking matter into my own hands would've got me into all sorts of trouble, both legal and personal ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Rocky is turning three soon. He never seems to run out of energy --- ever, has never met a sandal he didn't like to chew on, or a face he hasn't tried to lick.

 

 

LOL yeah he looks energetic and happy.

post #6107 of 21760

Would team diary be up for a weekly/monthly, themebased, joint mixtape/compilation?

 

We could all chip in with a song or two, based on themes or genres, once a week or once a month or so, and make our sort of mixtape? I've been looking for some web service for creating such mixtapes, but I haven't found any. There has to be though. It's 2013 and the idea of an internet without the possibility of creating small playlists of music to share among friends and to collaborate on seems kind of silly.

 

What say thee?

post #6108 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Would team diary be up for a weekly/monthly, themebased, joint mixtape/compilation?

 

Maybe. I seem to be one of those people with an anti-talent for sequencing mixes. I tend not to do it often because it's time-consuming, but I'd participate every so often because it's fun regardless.

post #6109 of 21760

I don't have anything to add to the pets discussion; we can't keep pets at home and it's been a very, very long time since I've lived with a housepet. I do like cats and dogs, though, and wish I could have one.

post #6110 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

Maybe. I seem to be one of those people with an anti-talent for sequencing mixes. I tend not to do it often because it's time-consuming, but I'd participate every so often because it's fun regardless.
Well, it wouldn't have to be on any kind of pro grade level mix. I mean the purpose would rather be to contribute something personal as well as maybe getting to hear some new music.

For example, if our first theme would be female voices, I could contribute with a song from a good swedish singer-songwriter. Nothing more complicated than that.
post #6111 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Well, it wouldn't have to be on any kind of pro grade level mix. I mean the purpose would rather be to contribute something personal as well as maybe getting to hear some new music.

For example, if our first theme would be female voices, I could contribute with a song from a good swedish singer-songwriter. Nothing more complicated than that.

I like that idea. I am constantly on the look out for new music.
post #6112 of 21760

It's been a long time I haven't been to my local Jaben. Turns out they had something extremely interesting and also, very obscure.

It's the Bakoon Products HDA-5210mk3 (Japan model only) and it's scarily powerful.

 

Paired up with my HE-500 and the synergy is unbelievable. At the low current setting, it is sufficient on powering the HE-500 but flick the switch to the high position and suddenly, everything is just a feast of power. The volume knob goes to 10 and it only needs to go to 2-2.5 to fully spread the HE-500's wings. This amp is so powerful that it makes the HE-6 look like it only needs milliwatts of power.

Problem with this amp is that I've been having trouble finding the spec sheets and the price (they told me it's more than $2000).

 

Also during my time at Jaben, I did once reviewed a bit negatively on the Ocharaku Flat-4 saying that it was like spikes of treble. Turns out I used the wrong tips (it was silicone tips that over-emphasised the treble).

I have reauditioned it with foam tips and my god, it is a wonderful IEM, Almost like a baby FitEar 334 but for a much lower price. One criticism though is the weird fit but that's just nitpicking. Sorry MuppetFace, you were right it's excellent.

 

Also reauditioned the FAD Muramasa. Excellent instrument separation but very midrange centric. The sound is also unique in its own way.


Edited by VortexBlast - 2/16/13 at 6:09am
post #6113 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Would team diary be up for a weekly/monthly, themebased, joint mixtape/compilation?




We could all chip in with a song or two, based on themes or genres, once a week or once a month or so, and make our sort of mixtape? I've been looking for some web service for creating such mixtapes, but I haven't found any. There has to be though. It's 2013 and the idea of an internet without the possibility of creating small playlists of music to share among friends and to collaborate on seems kind of silly.

What say thee?

I say this is an excellent idea, and maybe we can use 8tracks.com for archiving. You guys check it out and see how it is.


I already have an account there just for collecting some great mixtapes there, and I've been thinking to use this place to list, and give the opportunity, for people that read my reviews to listen what I use for testing whatever IEMs/headphones I decide to share, without hunting for youtube videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Well, it wouldn't have to be on any kind of pro grade level mix. I mean the purpose would rather be to contribute something personal as well as maybe getting to hear some new music.

For example, if our first theme would be female voices, I could contribute with a song from a good swedish singer-songwriter. Nothing more complicated than that.

*squeeee* all dem female vocalists I want to share.
Edited by jgray91 - 2/16/13 at 6:12am
post #6114 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post


I like that idea. I am constantly on the look out for new music.

Nice, so there's interest for making it work.

 

Obviously, we would have to make some rules and policies around it, and we would probably have to provide only the name of the song (and not any audio files due to legal reasons) or a link to youtube, or something. Spotify has this kind of functionality built in, but I've got the feeling that I'm one of the very few to use it in here. wink.gif

post #6115 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I say this is an excellent idea, and maybe we can use 8tracks.com for archiving. You guys check it out and see how it is.


I already have an account there just for collecting some great mixtapes there, and I've been thinking to use this place to list, and give the opportunity, for people that read my reviews to listen what I use for testing whatever IEMs/headphones I decide to share, without hunting for youtube videos.
*squeeee* all dem female vocalists I want to share.

Have you used 8tracks before? It seemed pretty good to me on first look, but how easy is it to make your own mixtapes? Can you upload your own mp3s or is it based on youtube vids, or how does it work?

 

Great that we have more people positive to the idea! redface.gif

 

(I believe I just went supremus on y'all now, didn't I)

post #6116 of 21760


Here's the cat that changed my mind about cats. She's five months old, and is already a cynical bastard. I've never met a creature that can be so wise, yet do the dumbest (in a cute way) things, like purposely hanging precariously off the couch, just to feel the thrill of catching herself at the last second.

She's also quite interesting in that she's never touched the expensive toys we bought for her, but she goes insane over a drawstring that I cut off my pajama pants for her.
post #6117 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Have you used 8tracks before? It seemed pretty good to me on first look, but how easy is it to make your own mixtapes? Can you upload your own mp3s or is it based on youtube vids, or how does it work?

Great that we have more people positive to the idea! redface.gif


(I believe I just went supremus on y'all now, didn't I)

Sadly no, I haven't used it yet. As a consumer (that is just searching for mixtapes) it works pretty well, but as a user of its service, dunno yet. I could dig around a bit. But what I do notice is that: 1) you can't jump specifically which track you want; 2) there is a "skip to next" button, but it's limited to a few clicks per 30 minutes or so (didn't use it much since I rarely skip); 3) there seem to be links to youtube and iTunes; for the former it seems to know which video to link to (maybe it's set by the user), but the latter seem to search for it in iTunes (I don't know if that works or not, since I don't have iTunes on my PC).
post #6118 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


Sadly no, I haven't used it yet. As a consumer (that is just searching for mixtapes) it works pretty well, but as a user of its service, dunno yet. I could dig around a bit. But what I do notice is that: 1) you can't jump specifically which track you want; 2) there is a "skip to next" button, but it's limited to a few clicks per 30 minutes or so (didn't use it much since I rarely skip); 3) there seem to be links to youtube and iTunes; for the former it seems to know which video to link to (maybe it's set by the user), but the latter seem to search for it in iTunes (I don't know if that works or not, since I don't have iTunes on my PC).

Hmm, perhaps it's just easier to make a textual list here in the thread. I'm thinking that we probably shouldn't make it too complicated (or cumbersome) to use, or else it's doomed to fail.

post #6119 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Hmm, perhaps it's just easier to make a textual list here in the thread. I'm thinking that we probably shouldn't make it too complicated (or cumbersome) to use, or else it's doomed to fail.

Simplest plan is best plan, I agree. Nonetheless, I'm still trying it out, at least for my benefit.
post #6120 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Hmm, perhaps it's just easier to make a textual list here in the thread. I'm thinking that we probably shouldn't make it too complicated (or cumbersome) to use, or else it's doomed to fail.

Simplest plan is best plan, I agree. Nonetheless, I'm still trying it out, at least for my benefit.

Well, here's something: http://8tracks.com/fuurachan/mix-taped

WARNING: LOWER YOUR PC VOLUME LEVEL.
Edited by jgray91 - 2/16/13 at 7:07am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2