- 10,125 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Just past the Pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, then hang a left
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You definitely want to tweak each CV for the specific company & job position. It might just be adding a few key words from the posted ad that will catch the eye of the HR recruiter that is doing the prescreening. For example, based on what you have said, I would bet your CV talks about .Net & ASP development. Let's say I'm a hiring manager and my job ad says we need a web developer with experience on IIS & SQLServer, you and I both know that this is a Microsoft shop, and your experience in .Net & ASP would be directly applicable - but the HR recruiter does NOT know that. But, by adding IIS & SQLServer in the same sentence where you have .Net & ASP, the HR recruiter will happily send your resume along to me for review.
True. As said, so far I've been using a general catch-all CV. I'm going to have to tweak my CV if and when I start looking for other jobs (am holding fingers crossed for this one though). Thanks for the tip.
Cool - one other tip - it is hit & miss whether the hiring manager ever sees the cover letter. Most of the time all I see is the resume and I never know whether there was no cover letter or if the recruiter just didn't bother including it. I would consider the cover letter a secondary item.
Oh - and I think the recruiting applications like taleo and brassring are evil HR tools, intended to eliminate ALL potential candidates to a position. Why would a company need to know the phone number of an ex-boss I had 8 years ago BEFORE they have even determined if I am a good fit to the position? Those apps are ALL about filtering!
The V4 drivers are still very much in production.
What Rhydon stopped doing was offering full builds, including aluminum cups branded with the Magnum name. Now he just sells the drivers as a stand-alone.
That's the thing. We don't really associate ourselves with them. If we have a question or need help, they can help us, but normally, they just hold lectures for 300 students and not much more. I don't even think most of them would've recognized me two hours after class, let alone know that I'm taking their class. The relationship between students and the faculty is just too non-personal in 99% of the time to even ask for references. They live their life, and we live ours. They help us if need be, but don't get involved with us or our lives in any way, shape or form.
In my short experience with university so far I have learned that they do a good job in creating a closer relationship to your professors and tutors. But I heard that it varies a lot between different faculties as well. My course is the quantitative science department, which is a relatively small department in any case.
I don't know what is more frightening, robots making autonomous life/death decisions, or an academician depending on Skynet to be ethical.
I can't say I've studied this in detail but I think you'd have to go back pretty far before women get equated with inanimate objects or animals as opposed to 'just' second or third class citizens. OTOH if you go back to before agriculture I'm pretty sure it evens out again...
Not really what I study for a living, no. He was a contemporary of Freud's, and when he showed him the draft for Sex and Character, Freud basically facepalmed and said "NO. GTFO."
It's really a mind-bending exercise in chauvinism. He says that women are basically material automatons, objects penetrated by everything in the universe, and everything they do is an effort to impress men who are themselves spiritual and nobel creatures. A woman's sexuality is merely animal instinct, whereas the man aspires to a higher form of love. The tension between sexes arises because man projects these lofty aspirations onto lowly woman who is incapable of ever living up to such standards, as she is completely devoid of anything nobel. The man is actually just projecting the love of himself, or rather the love he has for his best qualities.
So that's pretending to be psychology instead of philosophy or theology? Could have fooled me. Also, the idea of going so far that you make Freud facepalm is delightfully hilarious...
I'm getting a headache from just reading your summary of it. OTOH maybe if I was a woman it would actually be easier for me to read because I'd know with greater certainty that it wasn't true. Kinda like how the more ridiculous and far out an insult gets the less impact it has on me because deep down I know how far it is from the truth.
Go for the hat trick!
Those black and white ebony cups look yummy...
Even though I'll be getting the Liquid Lightning and Electra, I'm still tempted to put in an order / downpayment on the Blue Hawaii SE.
I'd be paying for the bulk of it in a year's time (or more) anyway, since it takes that long to build, so I sort of see it as not having much impact on my budget right now. Yeah, kind of irresponsible and excessive, but...
...Justin says he can make it in purple. My resistance is crumbling.
Edit: Also in trying to justify it to myself, I think "hey you'll have a tube amp and a solid state amp, so with the BHSE you'll have a hybrid and thus all your basis will be covered." Plus the sound signature is sort of going in the opposite direction compared to the LL, so there's that too.
('Silent One' quietly votes Purple...returns to watching the NFL.)
Here are some other cups with the same material:
Edited by MuppetFace - 9/16/12 at 12:45pm
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 4 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920 22 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 2 minutes ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › DAP Selection; 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear