Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 386  

post #5776 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I would probably chrome the centre ring and the fostex logo first chance I got. The all black is nice, but I want an accent of some kind.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

It's the absence of colour that I find appealing - a quiet understated strength.


I'm split on what I would prefer them to sound like. Dead neutral with just a touch of bump up in the bass regions and a fun sounding poor mans version of the TH900 are the two I'm split on.

post #5777 of 21761

Hi everyone, long time no see.  I was just listening to The Beautiful South's Don't Marry Her and it made me think of y'all for some weird reason.  Hope everyone's been well.

post #5778 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Hi everyone, long time no see.  I was just listening to The Beautiful South's Don't Marry Her and it made me think of y'all for some weird reason.  Hope everyone's been well.

WARREN IS BACK :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

post #5779 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Hi everyone, long time no see.  I was just listening to The Beautiful South's Don't Marry Her and it made me think of y'all for some weird reason.  Hope everyone's been well.


My God you're finally back. Good to see you Warren how was CES and did you hear anything new that blew you away while there?

post #5780 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would have preferred they brought him back in shackles to stand trial in the Hague for his international crimes. Just storming the house and murdering him in his PJs was anticlimactic and thuggish, IMO. It felt more like a summary execution, from my perspective, not justice.
The ESP/950s are the best HPs <$1200, IMO. For the often-discounted-to $600 price, they're the cat's PJs.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
He won it in expectation that he'd be a great facilitator of justice and world peace, but that didn't materialize. Executive international policies changed insufficiently with his installation.

Yeah, some day I'll buy that. I actually remember reading about it on the Koss website when I was wanting to fix my fathers old koss headphones. They really are good looking and I wanted to try a pair back then. A little too pricey for me now though.

post #5781 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Hi everyone, long time no see.  I was just listening to The Beautiful South's Don't Marry Her and it made me think of y'all for some weird reason.  Hope everyone's been well.


My God you're finally back. Good to see you Warren how was CES and did you hear anything new that blew you away while there?

 

Glad to finally be back in the land of the living (i.e. posting).  For those of you who frequent the TMAC thread, you know what horrible tragedy befell me.

 

Yes!  I still have to go back and update my CES thread, but here are a couple of teasers:

 

  1. SoundMAGIC's new cans (HP100 and HP200) are the real deal.  I didn't hear the HP300, but both the HP100 and HP200 were a delightful surprise.
  2. Disappointed in your tablet's crap speakers?  A new company called Coverplay is launching a tablet screen cover that is also - wait for it - an electrostatic speaker!  And yeah, is sounds EXACTLY as good as you think it sounds.

 

There's more stuff but I'll save it for a long-awaited update to the thread.

 

BTW, thanks Romy for the kind words of appreciation.  I was gonna respond way earlier, but I was literally out of my mind for a while.

 

Also, is anyone here considering going to the SF meet next weekend?

post #5782 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Glad to finally be back in the land of the living (i.e. posting).  For those of you who frequent the TMAC thread, you know what horrible tragedy befell me.

 

Yes!  I still have to go back and update my CES thread, but here are a couple of teasers:

 

  1. SoundMAGIC's new cans (HP100 and HP200) are the real deal.  I didn't hear the HP300, but both the HP100 and HP200 were a delightful surprise.
  2. Disappointed in your tablet's crap speakers?  A new company called Coverplay is launching a tablet screen cover that is also - wait for it - an electrostatic speaker!  And yeah, is sounds EXACTLY as good as you think it sounds.

 

There's more stuff but I'll save it for a long-awaited update to the thread.

 

BTW, thanks Romy for the kind words of appreciation.  I was gonna respond way earlier, but I was literally out of my mind for a while.

 

Also, is anyone here considering going to the SF meet next weekend?

I'll go, but you'll have to send me money for a plane ticket. I'll bring the beer and pizza

post #5783 of 21761

A waking walking warren...fantastique!

beerchug.gif

post #5784 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 By the way I'm curious has your 8A left China yet?

 

 

Haven't gotten them yet. They are now in San Fransisco Customs... :(. Hoping the fee won't bee too high.... rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Now that the TH600 has been released in Japan I'm looking forward to reading impressions. For whatever reason the all black TH600 appeals to me. Very Darth Vaderish would be a good way to describe them in my book


I really like the look of the TH900 but won't be getting that for quite some time if ever...

post #5785 of 21761

As a D7000 owner/lover, I really wanted to make the jump to the TH900. But the steep jump in price prevented my jumping anywhere near the cans.

ph34r.gif

post #5786 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

MF, I like that avatar! ksc75smile.gif
 Great colours, too!
What is it based on? Looks kind of familiar, or at least like some Western cartoons that I'd like to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


You guys think if I messaged Todd and told him I got a dud CLAS interconnect he might snail mail me out a replacement?

I don't see why not. IMO "small guys" like that thrives on customer's good will way more than huge companies, so getting a replacement, and especially in the NA region (almost forgot you're in 'Murica's Hat-land), is a 99% chance fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Hi everyone, long time no see.  I was just listening to The Beautiful South's Don't Marry Her and it made me think of y'all for some weird reason.  Hope everyone's been well.
Welcome back!
post #5787 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post


[*] Disappointed in your tablet's crap speakers?  A new company called Coverplay is launching a tablet screen cover that is also - wait for it - an electrostatic speaker!  And yeah, is sounds EXACTLY as good as you think it sounds.

As cool as that sounds, I can't help but wonder how that would work. Is it device powered? What about the voltage swings? And if it somehow incorporates its own battery then what about weight?

There's also the question of how it sources its audio as well (er...bluetooth? Standard 3.5mm?)

I've awlays been fascinated by electrostatic technologies, unobtainable as they are for me. I'm looking forward to your updates.
Edited by Sylverant - 2/10/13 at 10:49pm
post #5788 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I'll go, but you'll have to send me money for a plane ticket. I'll bring the beer and pizza

 

Got nothin' but love for ya, but that probably ain't gonna happen.  Look at it this way, I've saving you a small fortune in beer and pizza costs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

A waking walking warren...fantastique!

beerchug.gif

 

Thank you Sir Silent!  On the bright side, I lost 20 pounds and quit smoking.  All I had to do was get sicker than I've ever been in my life. 

post #5789 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Welcome back!

 

Thanks!  BTW, glad to see you got the MA350 okay.  I was worried that she spent a fortune shipping it to Moscow.  Can't wait to see what your final verdict is (and whether you agree with Panda).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylverant View Post

As cool as that sounds, I can't help but wonder how that would work. Is it device powered? What about the voltage swings? And if it somehow incorporates its own battery then what about weight?

There's also the question of how it sources its audio as well (er...bluetooth? Standard 3.5mm?)

I've awlays been fascinated by electrostatic technologies, unobtainable as they are for me. I'm looking forward to your updates.

 

It's battery powered, but it only weighs 4 ounces.  As I recall, it felt very light in the hand, so I don't imagine it being that burdensome to carry around.

 

It's got a 3.5mm TRS jack, but it's also Bluetooth 2.1 capable.

 

And in case you're wondering, the battery is supposed to last 10 hours per charge on max output.  I couldn't test the true battery life as I was only at the booth for about 5 minutes or so.

 

I'm hoping to get a review sample so I can put it through it's paces and get some real world performance details.

 

EDIT:   And it's only $99  smile.gif

post #5790 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

A waking walking warren...fantastique!

beerchug.gif

 

Thank you Sir Silent!  On the bright side, I lost 20 pounds and quit smoking.  All I had to do was get sicker than I've ever been in my life. 

 

Great! You know what this means? We can share a table cafe side; bistro side. And I can loan you my gear. Well.......unless honey smokes, then....neadt880smile.png

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2