- 682 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NERV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 367
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Start really small. If you don't even know how to solder, build some cables. Then read up on how circuits work (how deep you want to go in that route is up to you; at the very least, know what the different parts are supposed to do even if you don't learn principles of electronics).
Build a couple simpler amps. It's OK if they're not your long-term goal; the point is to have a simple circuit that you built from scratch and figured out how to diagnose and fix on your own. The beta22 and sigma22 are incredibly complex with high parts counts; if you don't have experience, you'll probably mess something up -- if you don't know how to diagnose what you did, you'll have very expensive scrap.
(Edit: Oh yeah -- the sigma22 is a hefty power supply; screw something up and you can do anything from blow household circuit breakers to kill yourself. By starting small, the worst you can do is ruin a $3 op-amp, melt a battery, or sting and burn yourself a little.)
Edited by ardgedee - 2/3/13 at 4:40am
They did it! They finally did it!
My Bloody Valentine posted their entire album to YouTube. And the album went on sale late last night. Vinyl and CD prices include digital download access (HD audio format, even) so you can listen while you wait for shipment. Apparently MBV's site was taken down by traffic last night; it's up again now but I'd bet that won't be for long.
Since people are throwing examples out concerning their looks and what famous movie stars they look like I might as well throw in my two cents.
When i'm having a bad day people who know me have commented.............
I look and remind them of (Click to show)
I don't consider these people my friends anymore
Today I beat Silent Hill: Downpour. That makes it the 8th game in the Silent Hill franchise. I played the first Silent Hill 1 when I was only in middle school, and it totally scared the bejesus out of me. Silent Hill games nowadays don't seem as scary as the first three, maybe because I've grown older or because they really aren't? Ditto for Biohazard series. At any rate, Silent Hill 1-3 remains some of the most frightening video games I've played, along with the Gamecube remake of Biohazard 1 and Amnesia: Dark Descent.
To all the hardcore gamers in this thread, are there any fans of survival horror games like me? I think playing a lot of survival horror games have somewhat numbed my senses over the years and raised my threshold for fear. The most recent game that gave me a good scare was Amnesia, but I don't think it was as terrifying as what I had experienced with Silent Hill 1 for the first time. I also played Slender, but it was a disappointment. Can anyone recommend some great horror games that will make me sh*t my pants?
No doubt that nobody here really thinks that violent video games = school massacre, but i just want to share this, and probably show it to others who are less well instructed on video games.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 44 seconds ago
- › Best full sized headphones under $200 for punk rock / rock /... 58 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2