- 676 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NERV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 367
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Start really small. If you don't even know how to solder, build some cables. Then read up on how circuits work (how deep you want to go in that route is up to you; at the very least, know what the different parts are supposed to do even if you don't learn principles of electronics).
Build a couple simpler amps. It's OK if they're not your long-term goal; the point is to have a simple circuit that you built from scratch and figured out how to diagnose and fix on your own. The beta22 and sigma22 are incredibly complex with high parts counts; if you don't have experience, you'll probably mess something up -- if you don't know how to diagnose what you did, you'll have very expensive scrap.
(Edit: Oh yeah -- the sigma22 is a hefty power supply; screw something up and you can do anything from blow household circuit breakers to kill yourself. By starting small, the worst you can do is ruin a $3 op-amp, melt a battery, or sting and burn yourself a little.)
Edited by ardgedee - 2/3/13 at 4:40am
They did it! They finally did it!
My Bloody Valentine posted their entire album to YouTube. And the album went on sale late last night. Vinyl and CD prices include digital download access (HD audio format, even) so you can listen while you wait for shipment. Apparently MBV's site was taken down by traffic last night; it's up again now but I'd bet that won't be for long.
Since people are throwing examples out concerning their looks and what famous movie stars they look like I might as well throw in my two cents.
When i'm having a bad day people who know me have commented.............
I look and remind them of (Click to show)
I don't consider these people my friends anymore
Today I beat Silent Hill: Downpour. That makes it the 8th game in the Silent Hill franchise. I played the first Silent Hill 1 when I was only in middle school, and it totally scared the bejesus out of me. Silent Hill games nowadays don't seem as scary as the first three, maybe because I've grown older or because they really aren't? Ditto for Biohazard series. At any rate, Silent Hill 1-3 remains some of the most frightening video games I've played, along with the Gamecube remake of Biohazard 1 and Amnesia: Dark Descent.
To all the hardcore gamers in this thread, are there any fans of survival horror games like me? I think playing a lot of survival horror games have somewhat numbed my senses over the years and raised my threshold for fear. The most recent game that gave me a good scare was Amnesia, but I don't think it was as terrifying as what I had experienced with Silent Hill 1 for the first time. I also played Slender, but it was a disappointment. Can anyone recommend some great horror games that will make me sh*t my pants?
No doubt that nobody here really thinks that violent video games = school massacre, but i just want to share this, and probably show it to others who are less well instructed on video games.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 29 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 1 minute ago
- › Decware CSP2+ For Sale - Reopened This Listing 1 minute ago
- › Effects of damping factor on planar magnetics/orthodynamics ? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Pristine Auralic Vega & Taurus Mk 2 Combo 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2