- 664 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NERV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 367
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Start really small. If you don't even know how to solder, build some cables. Then read up on how circuits work (how deep you want to go in that route is up to you; at the very least, know what the different parts are supposed to do even if you don't learn principles of electronics).
Build a couple simpler amps. It's OK if they're not your long-term goal; the point is to have a simple circuit that you built from scratch and figured out how to diagnose and fix on your own. The beta22 and sigma22 are incredibly complex with high parts counts; if you don't have experience, you'll probably mess something up -- if you don't know how to diagnose what you did, you'll have very expensive scrap.
(Edit: Oh yeah -- the sigma22 is a hefty power supply; screw something up and you can do anything from blow household circuit breakers to kill yourself. By starting small, the worst you can do is ruin a $3 op-amp, melt a battery, or sting and burn yourself a little.)
Edited by ardgedee - 2/3/13 at 4:40am
They did it! They finally did it!
My Bloody Valentine posted their entire album to YouTube. And the album went on sale late last night. Vinyl and CD prices include digital download access (HD audio format, even) so you can listen while you wait for shipment. Apparently MBV's site was taken down by traffic last night; it's up again now but I'd bet that won't be for long.
Since people are throwing examples out concerning their looks and what famous movie stars they look like I might as well throw in my two cents.
When i'm having a bad day people who know me have commented.............
I look and remind them of (Click to show)
I don't consider these people my friends anymore
Today I beat Silent Hill: Downpour. That makes it the 8th game in the Silent Hill franchise. I played the first Silent Hill 1 when I was only in middle school, and it totally scared the bejesus out of me. Silent Hill games nowadays don't seem as scary as the first three, maybe because I've grown older or because they really aren't? Ditto for Biohazard series. At any rate, Silent Hill 1-3 remains some of the most frightening video games I've played, along with the Gamecube remake of Biohazard 1 and Amnesia: Dark Descent.
To all the hardcore gamers in this thread, are there any fans of survival horror games like me? I think playing a lot of survival horror games have somewhat numbed my senses over the years and raised my threshold for fear. The most recent game that gave me a good scare was Amnesia, but I don't think it was as terrifying as what I had experienced with Silent Hill 1 for the first time. I also played Slender, but it was a disappointment. Can anyone recommend some great horror games that will make me sh*t my pants?
No doubt that nobody here really thinks that violent video games = school massacre, but i just want to share this, and probably show it to others who are less well instructed on video games.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 23 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Budget noise cancelling headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)