- 660 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NERV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 6/7/14 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 367
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Start really small. If you don't even know how to solder, build some cables. Then read up on how circuits work (how deep you want to go in that route is up to you; at the very least, know what the different parts are supposed to do even if you don't learn principles of electronics).
Build a couple simpler amps. It's OK if they're not your long-term goal; the point is to have a simple circuit that you built from scratch and figured out how to diagnose and fix on your own. The beta22 and sigma22 are incredibly complex with high parts counts; if you don't have experience, you'll probably mess something up -- if you don't know how to diagnose what you did, you'll have very expensive scrap.
(Edit: Oh yeah -- the sigma22 is a hefty power supply; screw something up and you can do anything from blow household circuit breakers to kill yourself. By starting small, the worst you can do is ruin a $3 op-amp, melt a battery, or sting and burn yourself a little.)
Edited by ardgedee - 2/3/13 at 4:40am
They did it! They finally did it!
My Bloody Valentine posted their entire album to YouTube. And the album went on sale late last night. Vinyl and CD prices include digital download access (HD audio format, even) so you can listen while you wait for shipment. Apparently MBV's site was taken down by traffic last night; it's up again now but I'd bet that won't be for long.
Since people are throwing examples out concerning their looks and what famous movie stars they look like I might as well throw in my two cents.
When i'm having a bad day people who know me have commented.............
I look and remind them of (Click to show)
I don't consider these people my friends anymore
Today I beat Silent Hill: Downpour. That makes it the 8th game in the Silent Hill franchise. I played the first Silent Hill 1 when I was only in middle school, and it totally scared the bejesus out of me. Silent Hill games nowadays don't seem as scary as the first three, maybe because I've grown older or because they really aren't? Ditto for Biohazard series. At any rate, Silent Hill 1-3 remains some of the most frightening video games I've played, along with the Gamecube remake of Biohazard 1 and Amnesia: Dark Descent.
To all the hardcore gamers in this thread, are there any fans of survival horror games like me? I think playing a lot of survival horror games have somewhat numbed my senses over the years and raised my threshold for fear. The most recent game that gave me a good scare was Amnesia, but I don't think it was as terrifying as what I had experienced with Silent Hill 1 for the first time. I also played Slender, but it was a disappointment. Can anyone recommend some great horror games that will make me sh*t my pants?
No doubt that nobody here really thinks that violent video games = school massacre, but i just want to share this, and probably show it to others who are less well instructed on video games.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Any New Orleans area Head-Fi members? 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE6000 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade my gaming headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)