- 693 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NERV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Disclaimer. I was provided a pair of S3's by Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased review. Second disclaimer, I'm a big fan of the Brainwavz house sound, especially the latest offerings. It amazes...
I found these back in last year when I was on the funs of looking for good quality budget IEMS. I was very impressed by these back then, and I put it away for a while. Today, I got back to it,...
The Music Hall de-be really caught my eye. Appeared to be very interesting, specs looked good. I wanted to give it a try. **All photos by yours truly** *Packaging* The Music...
Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/783163/brainwavz-kidwavz-kv100-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Brief: Kid...
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I want to thank Fostex International and especially their German distribution Mega Audio (www.megaaudio.de) for getting the chance of auditioning the...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 367post #5491 of 217602/3/13 at 12:35amjgray -- it is One Summer's Day from Spirited Away
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5492 of 217602/3/13 at 1:12amHey guys, I want to eventually be able to build a b22 3 or 4 channel in the future. Currently know nothing about reading a layout or anything and have no building experience. I read a thread saying to start with a cmoy. Any advice?post #5493 of 217602/3/13 at 1:19ampost #5494 of 217602/3/13 at 1:20ampost #5495 of 217602/3/13 at 4:34amQuote:
Start really small. If you don't even know how to solder, build some cables. Then read up on how circuits work (how deep you want to go in that route is up to you; at the very least, know what the different parts are supposed to do even if you don't learn principles of electronics).
Build a couple simpler amps. It's OK if they're not your long-term goal; the point is to have a simple circuit that you built from scratch and figured out how to diagnose and fix on your own. The beta22 and sigma22 are incredibly complex with high parts counts; if you don't have experience, you'll probably mess something up -- if you don't know how to diagnose what you did, you'll have very expensive scrap.
(Edit: Oh yeah -- the sigma22 is a hefty power supply; screw something up and you can do anything from blow household circuit breakers to kill yourself. By starting small, the worst you can do is ruin a $3 op-amp, melt a battery, or sting and burn yourself a little.)
Edited by ardgedee - 2/3/13 at 4:40ampost #5496 of 217602/3/13 at 4:50am
They did it! They finally did it!
My Bloody Valentine posted their entire album to YouTube. And the album went on sale late last night. Vinyl and CD prices include digital download access (HD audio format, even) so you can listen while you wait for shipment. Apparently MBV's site was taken down by traffic last night; it's up again now but I'd bet that won't be for long.post #5497 of 217602/3/13 at 5:01amThread Starterpost #5498 of 217602/3/13 at 7:34am
Since people are throwing examples out concerning their looks and what famous movie stars they look like I might as well throw in my two cents.
When i'm having a bad day people who know me have commented.............
I don't consider these people my friends anymorepost #5499 of 217602/3/13 at 7:57ampost #5500 of 217602/3/13 at 8:07ampost #5501 of 217602/3/13 at 9:31am
Today I beat Silent Hill: Downpour. That makes it the 8th game in the Silent Hill franchise. I played the first Silent Hill 1 when I was only in middle school, and it totally scared the bejesus out of me. Silent Hill games nowadays don't seem as scary as the first three, maybe because I've grown older or because they really aren't? Ditto for Biohazard series. At any rate, Silent Hill 1-3 remains some of the most frightening video games I've played, along with the Gamecube remake of Biohazard 1 and Amnesia: Dark Descent.
To all the hardcore gamers in this thread, are there any fans of survival horror games like me? I think playing a lot of survival horror games have somewhat numbed my senses over the years and raised my threshold for fear. The most recent game that gave me a good scare was Amnesia, but I don't think it was as terrifying as what I had experienced with Silent Hill 1 for the first time. I also played Slender, but it was a disappointment. Can anyone recommend some great horror games that will make me sh*t my pants?post #5502 of 217602/3/13 at 9:45ampost #5503 of 217602/3/13 at 10:07ampost #5504 of 217602/3/13 at 10:13ampost #5505 of 217602/3/13 at 10:31amhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PxQAOnIsLVg
No doubt that nobody here really thinks that violent video games = school massacre, but i just want to share this, and probably show it to others who are less well instructed on video games.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › What happened to Acustoms? 5 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 seconds ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good quality headphone extension cable 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S3 by shockdoc
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by sirylj
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2