- 645 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NERV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- dt 770pro or 990 Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- entry level Bassy headphones Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/LF: Koss ESP950 Last post on 11/5/13 at 11:34am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 367post #5491 of 199542/3/13 at 12:35amjgray -- it is One Summer's Day from Spirited Away
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5492 of 199542/3/13 at 1:12amHey guys, I want to eventually be able to build a b22 3 or 4 channel in the future. Currently know nothing about reading a layout or anything and have no building experience. I read a thread saying to start with a cmoy. Any advice?post #5493 of 199542/3/13 at 1:19am
Thanks for the post, I really love this kind of stuff. I've heard a lot of wonderful jazz interpretations of anime songs before, and Ghibli works tend to get a lot of them. Here's another nice piece, from Ghibli Jazz 2post #5494 of 199542/3/13 at 1:20ampost #5495 of 199542/3/13 at 4:34amQuote:
Start really small. If you don't even know how to solder, build some cables. Then read up on how circuits work (how deep you want to go in that route is up to you; at the very least, know what the different parts are supposed to do even if you don't learn principles of electronics).
Build a couple simpler amps. It's OK if they're not your long-term goal; the point is to have a simple circuit that you built from scratch and figured out how to diagnose and fix on your own. The beta22 and sigma22 are incredibly complex with high parts counts; if you don't have experience, you'll probably mess something up -- if you don't know how to diagnose what you did, you'll have very expensive scrap.
(Edit: Oh yeah -- the sigma22 is a hefty power supply; screw something up and you can do anything from blow household circuit breakers to kill yourself. By starting small, the worst you can do is ruin a $3 op-amp, melt a battery, or sting and burn yourself a little.)
Edited by ardgedee - 2/3/13 at 4:40ampost #5496 of 199542/3/13 at 4:50am
They did it! They finally did it!
My Bloody Valentine posted their entire album to YouTube. And the album went on sale late last night. Vinyl and CD prices include digital download access (HD audio format, even) so you can listen while you wait for shipment. Apparently MBV's site was taken down by traffic last night; it's up again now but I'd bet that won't be for long.post #5497 of 199542/3/13 at 5:01amThread Starterpost #5498 of 199542/3/13 at 7:34am
Since people are throwing examples out concerning their looks and what famous movie stars they look like I might as well throw in my two cents.
When i'm having a bad day people who know me have commented.............
I don't consider these people my friends anymorepost #5499 of 199542/3/13 at 7:57ampost #5500 of 199542/3/13 at 8:07ampost #5501 of 199542/3/13 at 9:31am
Today I beat Silent Hill: Downpour. That makes it the 8th game in the Silent Hill franchise. I played the first Silent Hill 1 when I was only in middle school, and it totally scared the bejesus out of me. Silent Hill games nowadays don't seem as scary as the first three, maybe because I've grown older or because they really aren't? Ditto for Biohazard series. At any rate, Silent Hill 1-3 remains some of the most frightening video games I've played, along with the Gamecube remake of Biohazard 1 and Amnesia: Dark Descent.
To all the hardcore gamers in this thread, are there any fans of survival horror games like me? I think playing a lot of survival horror games have somewhat numbed my senses over the years and raised my threshold for fear. The most recent game that gave me a good scare was Amnesia, but I don't think it was as terrifying as what I had experienced with Silent Hill 1 for the first time. I also played Slender, but it was a disappointment. Can anyone recommend some great horror games that will make me sh*t my pants?post #5502 of 199542/3/13 at 9:45ampost #5503 of 199542/3/13 at 10:07ampost #5504 of 199542/3/13 at 10:13am
Thanks. As earth-shatteringly shocking as it is, i have never finished Spirited Away, but it does feel familiar somehow.post #5505 of 199542/3/13 at 10:31am
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Headstage: Arrow 12HE 4G and Ibasso D42** price dropped 16 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 19 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 44 seconds ago
- › Seattle Sunday New Year Meet 01/05/14 47 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude