Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 365  

post #5461 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

only one that I've seen/remember that has a DAC and balanced output in one. Why not go for it? 

 

A few things make me hesitant.

 

First, I have no experience with RSA's portable amps. The fullsized RSA amps I've tried I haven't cared for personally; at least, not enough to buy them over other competitors' amps (though his casework is very attractive looking). His portables seem quite popular however.

 

The other issue is that I'll be getting the JH-3A + JH16Pro. It wont be my only CIEM, but it's certainly going to be a main player. There's an adapter to let you use the proprietary cable with other devices, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a balanced cable built for the JH-3A version of the JH16Pro (since it uses two sockets on each earpiece instead of one?). Like, can you use a standard (one socket) JH16Pro cable on it when using another amp? Seems a little silly to invest so much money in a cable that can be used by one custom, a custom that already has its own proprietary amp that I'd be ignoring in favor of the Intruder.

post #5462 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The other issue is that I'll be getting the JH-3A + JH16Pro. It wont be my only CIEM, but it's certainly going to be a main player. There's an adapter to let you use the proprietary cable with other devices, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a balanced cable built for the JH-3A version of the JH16Pro (since it uses two sockets on each earpiece instead of one?). Like, can you use a standard (one socket) JH16Pro cable on it when using another amp? Seems a little silly to invest so much money in a cable that can be used by one custom, a custom that already has its own proprietary amp that I'd be ignoring in favor of the Intruder.

 

I could probably answer that but I'd have to know what the plugs for the JH16Pro looks like, and what the wiring does.

 

I like the SR-71B a lot with the 4.A. Downright problematic with the NT 6 Pro and an older one of my balanced cables. Much better with another one of my balanced cables (though I still think the amp works better with the 4.A).

 

In general, I haven't been as impressed by RSA's smaller portable amps as by their bigger ones. Although the whole purpose of the smaller amps is in being tiny -- space isn't a premium for me so I don't have to compromise in that regard.

 

I've heard the Intruder uses the same amp circuit as the SR-71B, but I don't know if that's true. YMMV, as always.

post #5463 of 21761
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the input, RGD. I don't know why I'm so drawn to the Intruder at the moment. I'm less familiar with other manufacturer's balanced amps, though there's the ALO RxMK3. Some people apparently love the ALO, while others hate it. The Intruder seems to be garnering more positive reviews, but then it's newer so that's expected.

 

What, exactly, don't you like about the SR-71B paired with the NT 6-Pro?

 

I must be off my marbles for sure, because I'm drooling over Moon-Audio's JH-3A cable:

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

...and it's $400.

 

...For something you can't use with any other IEM.

 

But damn that's the nicest looking CIEM cable I've ever seen. I prefer the ribbon-type cord to braided wire personally.

 

JH Audio supplies an optional adapter cable that lets you use the proprietary cable with other single-ended sources. I sent Drew an e-mail asking if I could get an adapter cable with a balanced RSA termination. I guess ideally I'd need the two adapter cables---single ended and balanced---for maximum connectivity. Ideal in every way except the expense involved, of course.

post #5464 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

A few things make me hesitant.

 

First, I have no experience with RSA's portable amps. The fullsized RSA amps I've tried I haven't cared for personally; at least, not enough to buy them over other competitors' amps (though his casework is very attractive looking). His portables seem quite popular however.

 

The other issue is that I'll be getting the JH-3A + JH16Pro. It wont be my only CIEM, but it's certainly going to be a main player. There's an adapter to let you use the proprietary cable with other devices, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a balanced cable built for the JH-3A version of the JH16Pro (since it uses two sockets on each earpiece instead of one?). Like, can you use a standard (one socket) JH16Pro cable on it when using another amp? Seems a little silly to invest so much money in a cable that can be used by one custom, a custom that already has its own proprietary amp that I'd be ignoring in favor of the Intruder.

I head to reread several times on the last part, but I understand now gs1000.gif partially. So, 1 cable for the jh-3a, an adapter for other amps, and you want another custom cable/adapter for the intruder. 3 cables for one CIEM... well it wouldn't be bad if that adapter could be used with other CIEM/IEM's, but it feels like you're saying that the jh16pro has a special plug for the jh-3a making it exclusive to the jh16pro. That'd be an awful lot to cough up for just 1 phone <- at least imo

post #5465 of 21761

For the record, my only issues with the RxMK3-B are its gain and sub-par potentiometer.  I imagine both would be a non-issue with a source whose line-out has less volume than the CLAS (like the newer one, or most DAPs on their own).  The SQ's fine, but for riding the bus and such I see little reason to use it over the HP-P1. 

post #5466 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

I head to reread several times on the last part, but I understand now gs1000.gif partially. So, 1 cable for the jh-3a, an adapter for other amps, and you want another custom cable/adapter for the intruder. 3 cables for one CIEM... well it wouldn't be bad if that adapter could be used with other CIEM/IEM's, but it feels like you're saying that the jh16pro has a special plug for the jh-3a making it exclusive to the jh16pro. That'd be an awful lot to cough up for just 1 phone <- at least imo

 

Yeah, the JH16Pro on its own uses the standard one socket per earpiece like most CIEMs. The JH-3A version however uses two sockets on each side. Even though the adapter lets you use the cable with any source, the cable itself can only be used with the JH-3A version of the JH16Pro. So yes... it would be the proprietary cable, the single ended adapter, and the balanced adapter. All for one CIEM!

post #5467 of 21761
That is a lot for a factory molded cable IMO, I guess that is double the parts they use on their other cables, so they double the price to keep the same margin. It does make sense in a way but its not exactly a bargain. I wonder if Norse Audio could use the wire from their Skuld cables to make a suitable Jh3 cable?
post #5468 of 21761

I keep on forgetting what YMMV means...

 

you make me vulgar?
you make manly vixens?

yo ma ma vulgar?

post #5469 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

I keep on forgetting what YMMV means...

 

you make me vulgar?
you make manly vixens?

yo ma ma vulgar?

lol...

Your Mileage May Vary.

post #5470 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

lol...

Your Mileage May Vary.

ohhh. Thanks for the reminder :

post #5471 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

That is a lot for a factory molded cable IMO, I guess that is double the parts they use on their other cables, so they double the price to keep the same margin. It does make sense in a way but its not exactly a bargain. I wonder if Norse Audio could use the wire from their Skuld cables to make a suitable Jh3 cable?

 

I don't really need the Moon-Audio JH-3A cable either, since JH supplies their own. The single-ended adapter from JH is $65, and all I'd really need from Moon-Audio is the balanced version. So it doesn't have to be ridiculous, thankfully.

 

I just find myself staring at that Moon-Audio cable, and for the first time I feel what people mean by "IEM cable porn."

post #5472 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Thank you for playing, Lee. Do you have a similar physique, or do you just look similar in the face?

 

Looking forward to seeing moar comparisons.

 

* * * * * * *

 

The mids on the Sennheiser IE800 are just... HOMG. If I could combine these with the TO GO! 334's overall balance I think I'd have my perfect IEM.


lol I'm not as ripped as him nor as big :P. If I was to work out I definitely could have a similar physique. I'm more on the leaner side. My resemblance to him would be more in the face :). I'm also part Samoan and African like him. But I have more than just that lol.

post #5473 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Man I used to play Q3 Arena on the Dreamcast a lot, used to think I was real good til I stepped online. Man was that comical. That was back when Sega allowed crossplay between PCs and consoles, felt like livin in the future, 56K modem aside. Anyway, I got my cocky ass handed to me every single time I rounded a corner. Tragic. M+K and single analog (lol) controller aren't remotely in the same sphere of existence when it comes to response time. And thus ended my rather short career as a "pro" Quake player 

You know, it's funny cause I used to think Cable, and Deadpool and X-Force were the supreme hotness back in the days of yore. That's how Liefeld got you, he was channeling that bad boy MTV grit into his characters when everyone else looked lame and dorky in their squeaky clean spandex. Todd McFarlane too. Oh, and Marc Silvestri and... well, it's cyclical really. 

 

My sister actually attended SVA in New York for cartooning and I joking requested for her to troll everyone by saying she was a huge fan of Liefeld, needless to say, none of her professors or peers were all that amused. It turns out that Rob is living the American Dream of success through mediocrity, got his foot (lol) in during a cynical time when meeting quotas was prioritized over quality, and that makes struggling artists and comics very mad indeed

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I honestly have no idea. 

 
Here's a picture of me at 23 (?) so I guess five years ago: 
 
I don't have many pics of myself cause I'm a reclusive hermit, but I've hardly changed in that time. 
 
A few guys used to call me Bruce in high school (after Bruce Lee), someone else said I looked like Die from Dir En Grey. My friend Jay thinks I resemble Jay Chou. I don't think I look like any of those people. It doesn't really matter, I look like Toshiro Mifune in my head anyway. 

 

 

 

 

Yeah those types of FPS games are just insane lol. I actually like doom3 more because it's a bit more slow paced yet still not slow paced and actually it's more of a heartless game than even quake3.... Armor and ammo take longer to spawn. So definitely more of an aggressive approach.

 

You actually remind me of star from Ong Bak the Thai Warrior :).

 


Edited by lee730 - 2/2/13 at 6:39pm
post #5474 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

 

This has been amusing me when I should be working.

I got to 31 and died laughing.

post #5475 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I got to 31 and died laughing.
Oh, it gets better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2