Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 309
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4622 of 217601/11/13 at 11:17pm
We were known to always sneak in hotdogs and moochi-crunch & arare to mix in with the popcorn we bought from the theaters. My Uncle even saves the bag for a refill later lol. I remember the dollar theater I use to sneak in a 1lbs of Ahi-shoyu poke and grind that during the movie :). I miss Daie (originally Holiday Mart but now Don Quijote lol).
Edited by lee730 - 1/11/13 at 11:18pmpost #4623 of 217601/11/13 at 11:29pmQuote:
Sounds like a good enough deal to me. I probably wouldn't feel bad about paying $5 per ticket and having a drink or two as I enjoy the film. It'd be worth the money.post #4624 of 217601/12/13 at 12:49amAhhh, amping is such a pain. Romy, what's your preferred amp/dac for the Z1000? I was looking into the Schiit stack but it seems that even the more technical reviews state that they're slightly bright, which I could only imagine would be detrimental to the already slightly bass-light sound of the Sonys.post #4626 of 217601/12/13 at 2:34amThread StarterQuote:
That's hilarious. Now I want a DAC that looks like a moai.
I had a head-fi related dream a few nights ago. It involved various amp designers, a birthday party, and a striptease routine. I should stop there.Quote:
i just use the Onkyo / Zana which I use for everything else, but the Leckerton UHA-6S ($350?) works just fine too. The Modi / Magni ($200-ish) will probably sound great.post #4627 of 217601/12/13 at 3:34amQuote:Originally Posted by C.C.S.
To be fair, if you're a fan of their game systems, those things can last for a pretty long time. My PS2 ran for much longer than I owned it. My old PSP (I bought it used) that I sold to a friend about five years ago is still running just fine. Many people still own the early production PS3 and have not suffered many, if any, issues with the system. I agree that most of their consumer electronics are not built to last any longer, but they have still not failed when it comes to producing long-lasting game systems.
My first gen PS3 lasted 5 years, but my PS2 (on its last leg) is on its tenth yearpost #4628 of 217601/12/13 at 4:12ampost #4629 of 217601/12/13 at 5:03amThread Starter
So the GR07 "Bass Edition" isn't that bassy. Maybe marginally bassier compared to the standard GR07 (going on memory), but it's nowhere near as emphasized as I thought it would be.
I do like the sound and the candycane cable.post #4630 of 217601/12/13 at 5:35amQuote:
Wow that's interesting. The person I talked to (he had all GR07 models) said the bass on the Bass edition started bleeding into the mids and led to a slightly muddier sound.post #4631 of 217601/12/13 at 6:10amThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, that's sort of what I was expecting, but it's not what I'm hearing. Maybe I'll throw some comply foam tips on which should bring out the bass considerably. Could be a fit problem. However the sub bass region seems more enhanced relative to what I remember from the normal GR07, but not so much the mid bass which is what would lead to gunking up of the midrange. The treble region seems a bit tamer compared to the normal GR07, so maybe the "muddier sound" impressions are due in part to that? The midrange sounds fine to me.
Edit: Reading some other impressions, it seems I'm not alone in thinking this isn't a basshead IEM. People claim it fills in with use, so I suppose we'll see. Er, hear.
Edit #2: This is in line with my thoughts, taken from a Chinese forum:
"Compared with the GR07, subbass is deeper, while bass quantity doesn't changes much. The transient response/dynamic range is enhanced, and vocals are not covered by the bass. Otherwise, there's not much change for other factors, just a touch more boosted in the bass frequencies."
Edited by MuppetFace - 1/12/13 at 6:22ampost #4632 of 217601/12/13 at 6:52am
lloollololol this is awesome.post #4633 of 217601/12/13 at 7:04amhttp://www.theverge.com/2013/1/12/3867350/new-penguin-edition-orwell-1984-black-out
I just found out about this. That is freaking awesome.post #4634 of 217601/12/13 at 7:39ampost #4635 of 217601/12/13 at 4:16pm
Huh?! It took me months to finally afford High-speed Internet service this month! And you're going to make us wait?!
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 8 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 12 seconds ago
- › Mid-fi cans well suited for classical music and good mids/trebel... 34 seconds ago
- › New member roll call 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Need help finding a pair of headphones for around 300$ 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2