Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 309
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We were known to always sneak in hotdogs and moochi-crunch & arare to mix in with the popcorn we bought from the theaters. My Uncle even saves the bag for a refill later lol. I remember the dollar theater I use to sneak in a 1lbs of Ahi-shoyu poke and grind that during the movie :). I miss Daie (originally Holiday Mart but now Don Quijote lol).
Edited by lee730 - 1/11/13 at 11:18pm
Sounds like a good enough deal to me. I probably wouldn't feel bad about paying $5 per ticket and having a drink or two as I enjoy the film. It'd be worth the money.
That's hilarious. Now I want a DAC that looks like a moai.
I had a head-fi related dream a few nights ago. It involved various amp designers, a birthday party, and a striptease routine. I should stop there.
i just use the Onkyo / Zana which I use for everything else, but the Leckerton UHA-6S ($350?) works just fine too. The Modi / Magni ($200-ish) will probably sound great.
To be fair, if you're a fan of their game systems, those things can last for a pretty long time. My PS2 ran for much longer than I owned it. My old PSP (I bought it used) that I sold to a friend about five years ago is still running just fine. Many people still own the early production PS3 and have not suffered many, if any, issues with the system. I agree that most of their consumer electronics are not built to last any longer, but they have still not failed when it comes to producing long-lasting game systems.
My first gen PS3 lasted 5 years, but my PS2 (on its last leg) is on its tenth year
So the GR07 "Bass Edition" isn't that bassy. Maybe marginally bassier compared to the standard GR07 (going on memory), but it's nowhere near as emphasized as I thought it would be.
I do like the sound and the candycane cable.
Wow that's interesting. The person I talked to (he had all GR07 models) said the bass on the Bass edition started bleeding into the mids and led to a slightly muddier sound.
Yeah, that's sort of what I was expecting, but it's not what I'm hearing. Maybe I'll throw some comply foam tips on which should bring out the bass considerably. Could be a fit problem. However the sub bass region seems more enhanced relative to what I remember from the normal GR07, but not so much the mid bass which is what would lead to gunking up of the midrange. The treble region seems a bit tamer compared to the normal GR07, so maybe the "muddier sound" impressions are due in part to that? The midrange sounds fine to me.
Edit: Reading some other impressions, it seems I'm not alone in thinking this isn't a basshead IEM. People claim it fills in with use, so I suppose we'll see. Er, hear.
Edit #2: This is in line with my thoughts, taken from a Chinese forum:
"Compared with the GR07, subbass is deeper, while bass quantity doesn't changes much. The transient response/dynamic range is enhanced, and vocals are not covered by the bass. Otherwise, there's not much change for other factors, just a touch more boosted in the bass frequencies."
Edited by MuppetFace - 1/12/13 at 6:22am
lloollololol this is awesome.
I just found out about this. That is freaking awesome.
Huh?! It took me months to finally afford High-speed Internet service this month! And you're going to make us wait?!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 4 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 8 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 15 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 17 seconds ago
- › Under 800$, closed back, good for metal recommandations 25 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chord DAVE ....new flagship dac 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2