Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on Yesterday at 3:49 am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? Last post on 7/12/14 at 7:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 309
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We were known to always sneak in hotdogs and moochi-crunch & arare to mix in with the popcorn we bought from the theaters. My Uncle even saves the bag for a refill later lol. I remember the dollar theater I use to sneak in a 1lbs of Ahi-shoyu poke and grind that during the movie :). I miss Daie (originally Holiday Mart but now Don Quijote lol).
Edited by lee730 - 1/11/13 at 11:18pm
Sounds like a good enough deal to me. I probably wouldn't feel bad about paying $5 per ticket and having a drink or two as I enjoy the film. It'd be worth the money.
That's hilarious. Now I want a DAC that looks like a moai.
I had a head-fi related dream a few nights ago. It involved various amp designers, a birthday party, and a striptease routine. I should stop there.
i just use the Onkyo / Zana which I use for everything else, but the Leckerton UHA-6S ($350?) works just fine too. The Modi / Magni ($200-ish) will probably sound great.
To be fair, if you're a fan of their game systems, those things can last for a pretty long time. My PS2 ran for much longer than I owned it. My old PSP (I bought it used) that I sold to a friend about five years ago is still running just fine. Many people still own the early production PS3 and have not suffered many, if any, issues with the system. I agree that most of their consumer electronics are not built to last any longer, but they have still not failed when it comes to producing long-lasting game systems.
My first gen PS3 lasted 5 years, but my PS2 (on its last leg) is on its tenth year
So the GR07 "Bass Edition" isn't that bassy. Maybe marginally bassier compared to the standard GR07 (going on memory), but it's nowhere near as emphasized as I thought it would be.
I do like the sound and the candycane cable.
Wow that's interesting. The person I talked to (he had all GR07 models) said the bass on the Bass edition started bleeding into the mids and led to a slightly muddier sound.
Yeah, that's sort of what I was expecting, but it's not what I'm hearing. Maybe I'll throw some comply foam tips on which should bring out the bass considerably. Could be a fit problem. However the sub bass region seems more enhanced relative to what I remember from the normal GR07, but not so much the mid bass which is what would lead to gunking up of the midrange. The treble region seems a bit tamer compared to the normal GR07, so maybe the "muddier sound" impressions are due in part to that? The midrange sounds fine to me.
Edit: Reading some other impressions, it seems I'm not alone in thinking this isn't a basshead IEM. People claim it fills in with use, so I suppose we'll see. Er, hear.
Edit #2: This is in line with my thoughts, taken from a Chinese forum:
"Compared with the GR07, subbass is deeper, while bass quantity doesn't changes much. The transient response/dynamic range is enhanced, and vocals are not covered by the bass. Otherwise, there's not much change for other factors, just a touch more boosted in the bass frequencies."
Edited by MuppetFace - 1/12/13 at 6:22am
lloollololol this is awesome.
I just found out about this. That is freaking awesome.
Huh?! It took me months to finally afford High-speed Internet service this month! And you're going to make us wait?!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Recommendation on DAC/AMP to use with Mad Dogs 1 second ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 38 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 47 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 [Made in Austria] 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)