Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Fiio X3 V2 World Tour 2015, UK. Let me begin by saying that this Fiio X3 v2 is on lend to me for a short time as part of the world tour of 2015, the unit does not belong to me and I have no...
One day before a long trip I found out that my earbuds was blown out, so I went to one near store to find some quick replacement, then I choose these because there was none of my...
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 309
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We were known to always sneak in hotdogs and moochi-crunch & arare to mix in with the popcorn we bought from the theaters. My Uncle even saves the bag for a refill later lol. I remember the dollar theater I use to sneak in a 1lbs of Ahi-shoyu poke and grind that during the movie :). I miss Daie (originally Holiday Mart but now Don Quijote lol).
Edited by lee730 - 1/11/13 at 11:18pm
Sounds like a good enough deal to me. I probably wouldn't feel bad about paying $5 per ticket and having a drink or two as I enjoy the film. It'd be worth the money.
That's hilarious. Now I want a DAC that looks like a moai.
I had a head-fi related dream a few nights ago. It involved various amp designers, a birthday party, and a striptease routine. I should stop there.
i just use the Onkyo / Zana which I use for everything else, but the Leckerton UHA-6S ($350?) works just fine too. The Modi / Magni ($200-ish) will probably sound great.
To be fair, if you're a fan of their game systems, those things can last for a pretty long time. My PS2 ran for much longer than I owned it. My old PSP (I bought it used) that I sold to a friend about five years ago is still running just fine. Many people still own the early production PS3 and have not suffered many, if any, issues with the system. I agree that most of their consumer electronics are not built to last any longer, but they have still not failed when it comes to producing long-lasting game systems.
My first gen PS3 lasted 5 years, but my PS2 (on its last leg) is on its tenth year
So the GR07 "Bass Edition" isn't that bassy. Maybe marginally bassier compared to the standard GR07 (going on memory), but it's nowhere near as emphasized as I thought it would be.
I do like the sound and the candycane cable.
Wow that's interesting. The person I talked to (he had all GR07 models) said the bass on the Bass edition started bleeding into the mids and led to a slightly muddier sound.
Yeah, that's sort of what I was expecting, but it's not what I'm hearing. Maybe I'll throw some comply foam tips on which should bring out the bass considerably. Could be a fit problem. However the sub bass region seems more enhanced relative to what I remember from the normal GR07, but not so much the mid bass which is what would lead to gunking up of the midrange. The treble region seems a bit tamer compared to the normal GR07, so maybe the "muddier sound" impressions are due in part to that? The midrange sounds fine to me.
Edit: Reading some other impressions, it seems I'm not alone in thinking this isn't a basshead IEM. People claim it fills in with use, so I suppose we'll see. Er, hear.
Edit #2: This is in line with my thoughts, taken from a Chinese forum:
"Compared with the GR07, subbass is deeper, while bass quantity doesn't changes much. The transient response/dynamic range is enhanced, and vocals are not covered by the bass. Otherwise, there's not much change for other factors, just a touch more boosted in the bass frequencies."
Edited by MuppetFace - 1/12/13 at 6:22am
lloollololol this is awesome.
I just found out about this. That is freaking awesome.
Huh?! It took me months to finally afford High-speed Internet service this month! And you're going to make us wait?!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 33 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 37 seconds ago
- › 32 OHM Headphone advice please. 1 minute ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for IEMs under $100 CAD 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2