Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 307  

post #4591 of 21761

My mother sets up all her creepy dolls in a big diorama every Halloween and it's pretty cool. 

post #4592 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

I'm glad I could inspire you. Pew-pew-pewter haha, it wasn't all apparent until I read it out to myself. Pew-pew-puter. biggrin.gif

 

I guess you could fit quite a lot of power in that little case.

 

I think I got the idea from the P-P-P-Powerbook thing a bit back...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post

 

I think that $10 for a movie show is a pretty average price around the world. Our IMAX costs like $23 in the evening.

 

Our tickets cost something like $18 (or $22.50 for 3D sessions), with occasional 'cheap Tuesdays' where it's $11.50. IMAX sessions are something like $39. Whenever I pay for a movie ticket now I actually do feel a sense of physical revulsion.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2b

Everyone, say hello to Eggzercist. This little lady it the latest edition to my wacky and interesting looking mini figurine collection.

(cue geeky sounding background music)

I just got the confirming email from a eBay seller saying my bid won out. I hope little Eggzercist likes keeping company with a couple of mini Transformers a bobble head Evil Eddie wearing his The Trooper garb and another Evil Eddie doing his Phantom Of The Opera schtick. Now if I could only find Damian, Schizo, Jingles and Calvero at a decent price I would have a neat looking collection of the coolest looking Mini Dead Dolls figurines.

 

She's so cute! Is it part of some bigger series or story or something?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

My mother sets up all her creepy dolls in a big diorama every Halloween and it's pretty cool. 

 

Does your mother realise it's creepy?

post #4593 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

 

She's so cute! Is it part of some bigger series or story or something?

 

Well, for the last few years there's been a huge following of collectors for a company who makes creepy and weirded out dolls called Living Dead Dolls. The dolls themselves for the most part never really interested me but a little while back the company who makes these dolls put out two limited edition mini 2 inch figurine series. Each set has 5 different characters and there's 5 variants one of which is ultra rare. Little Eggzercist there is from the first set and shes a variant with her blue rabbit outfit which makes her semi rare. The rarest of the series one mini figurines would be little Eggzercist wearing a black rabbit outfit which is a hard find. Personally, I rather like her in her baby blue rabbit outfit.

 


Edited by DigitalFreak - 1/10/13 at 4:38pm
post #4594 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Well, for the last few years there's been a huge following of collectors for a company who makes creepy and weirded out dolls called Living Dead Dolls. The dolls themselves for the most part never really interested me but a little while back the company who makes these dolls put out two limited edition mini 2 inch figures. Each set has 5 different characters and there's 5 variants one of which is ultra rare. Little Eggzercist there is from the second set and shes a variant with her blue rabbit outfit which makes her semi rare. The rarest of the series two mini figurines would be little Eggzercist wearing a black rabbit outfit which is a hard find. Personally, I rather like her in her baby blue rabbit outfit.

My wife collects the LDDs, has them displayed in their little coffins. They're creepy but cute.
post #4595 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


My wife collects the LDDs, has them displayed in their little coffins. They're creepy but cute.


Did she ever get the Edward Scissorhands one or the Chucky from Childs Play or the Jason from Friday the 13th? From what I've heard they're all highly sought after by doll collectors.

post #4596 of 21761
She's been collecting for years, she claims to have them all. I have no idea, but there sure are a lot of them.
post #4597 of 21761
Thread Starter 

I've sold a lot of my gear already. I think I'm only going to end up keeping a few things; which is fine, because I feel like having a fresh start.

post #4598 of 21761

My girlfriend's new kitteh. There was also a ridiculously cute kitten at the shelter when we went to pick her up. I'd get him right away, but the $300 pet deposit at my apt complex is something to think about.

 

 

 

post #4599 of 21761

I've been debating whether or not I should sell my LCD-2.2's to feel better about my eventual SR-009 purchase*.  I'm fortunate enough to have a pair of LCD-3's that actually sound like they're supposed to, but the 2 has its own charms.  I also like its woodwork more. 

 

Would anyone here want an LCD-2?

 

* I'm just waiting until my Electra's nearing completion and watching FS and such just in case.  I think PC -> Aqvox -> Stello U3 -> W4S DAC-2 -> Electra -> SR-009 will be a stopping point for me for a good long while since I don't know which uber DACs I can trust yet and for all I know that field will be different in a year or two.  Also bypassing its USB chip made my DAC-2 pretty darn nice sounding. 

 

I'm content with my portable stuff for the time being and Burson Conductor -> headphones is a fine secondary rig.

 


 

Or an RxMK3-B? People here were curious about that, right?

post #4600 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

 

I think I got the idea from the P-P-P-Powerbook thing a bit back...

 

 

Our tickets cost something like $18 (or $22.50 for 3D sessions), with occasional 'cheap Tuesdays' where it's $11.50. IMAX sessions are something like $39. Whenever I pay for a movie ticket now I actually do feel a sense of physical revulsion.

 

 

She's so cute! Is it part of some bigger series or story or something?

 

 

Does your mother realise it's creepy?

I remember the thread over at something awful forums - that's where the whole P-P-P-Powerbook originated. Even if you find their forums frightening, you ought to read the thread itself. 700

post #4601 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2b

Everyone, say hello to Eggzercist. This little lady it the latest edition to my wacky and interesting looking mini figurine collection.

(cue geeky sounding background music)

I just got the confirming email from a eBay seller saying my bid won out. I hope little Eggzercist likes keeping company with a couple of mini Transformers a bobble head Evil Eddie wearing his The Trooper garb and another Evil Eddie doing his Phantom Of The Opera schtick. Now if I could only find Damian, Schizo, Jingles and Calvero at a decent price I would have a neat looking collection of the coolest looking Mini Dead Dolls figurines.


UPDATE:

Damian and Schitzo have been located and bid has been placed on both.  I should know if my bid wins out in another hour or so and thus far it's looking pretty good. By the way the guy I bought Eggzercist from goes by the handle on eBay as jediunderwear. Everyone stand up and give yourselves and our fellow brother/sister geeks a round of applause. We all seem to have officially entered the realm of cool and now have officially taken over the internet. The enemy consisting of fat bald guys sitting somewhere in a trailer park behind a screen wearing high heels and women's underwear has been defeated. Everyone line up to receive your I'm a geek membership card and platinum pocket protector. Well done my fellow nerds.

post #4602 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The Sennheiser IE800 when driven by the UHA-6S may very well have the best midrange of any universal IEM I've ever heard. Yes, that includes my beloved Flat4 and TO GO! 334. The Flat4 still seems more dynamic however, whereas the TG! 334 has a better overall tonal balance. But damn, the IE800 is impressive.

 

Interesting, the Flat4 are even more dynamic than the IE800? I believe the Senns have very good dynamics, and as a result, impressive depth. Don't remember where I got that impression from, but I thought the Flat4 sound rather 2D with little depth, which usually goes hand in hand with limited dynamics. May have been wrong about them all along. blink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The FXZ200... not sure how I feel about this thing overall just yet, but so far I'm inclined to say it isn't very good. For one thing, it's stupidly large and cumbersome; getting a decent fit has been a chore. As for the sound, well, it's just wrong somehow. I tend to have an open mind and a wide tolerance for the unusual, but in this case it's kind of irritating to me. It sounds ringy, sluggish, and sort of like cupped hands over one's mouth. I don't think I've been quite so taken aback by an IEM since the original ASG. I'll give it more time, but thus far I prefer the FXD80.

 

Dunno, but I had that gut feeling regarding the FXZ200 which made me stay away. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the supposed similarity to the IE800, after you've spent some time with both.

post #4603 of 21761

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Thanks, yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I forgot to take a picture with the graphics card as well. When I saw how clean you're able to do it in new cases, with the black/white internals, I just had to take the photo before going on. I didn't even have two of my drives installed, but they aren't exactly taking up place. One great thing is that they included two fans, one of which is actually right by the HDDs in the bottom front, so the HDDs can get all the cooling they want. I really like that, as I usually find the HDDs very hot when opening up a case after having used the computer.

 

What case do you have now?

 

I have the Cooler Master HAF912 with a 200mm top fan. Actually, its pretty much setup exactly the same as yours inside, cutouts and all, just without the rubber shielding. The only real difference is in the placement of the front ports in your Fractal, which I think would make more sense when keeping the case under a desk.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post

That is absolutely ridiculous. Less than ten years ago, I could see a movie on like $6-ish per ticket. And it didn't cost $6+ for popcorn, either. One person could see a movie on about $14-15 and two could see a movie on roughly $20 or so. I took my girlfriend to see a movie a month or two ago and it cost almost $40. There's no reason it should cost that much to go to a theater. I can cook a steak dinner (rib eyes) for the two of us and spend less than I would by taking her to a movie theater. I think there is something wrong with that.


Movies in the philly suburbs are around $14-16. Sure, one person can manage it, but it makes taking the entire family out to the movies really hurt when your tickets cost over $60 alone. Add in the price of a couple over sized refillable popcorn tub and large drink [$18] combos and it really becomes ridiculous...

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

I think I got the idea from the P-P-P-Powerbook thing a bit back...


As I read through I really felt pulled in more and more, thinking how epic it was, until the guy "disappeared" at the end. I can only wonder so many things that might have happened...


Edited by Sylverant - 1/11/13 at 12:06am
post #4604 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

I've sold a lot of my gear already. I think I'm only going to end up keeping a few things; which is fine, because I feel like having a fresh start.

 

Even without sipping on an elegant green, I like this fresh thinking. Not even my gear and I feel better already. rolleyes.gif

post #4605 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

I've been debating whether or not I should sell my LCD-2.2's to feel better about my eventual SR-009 purchase*.  I'm fortunate enough to have a pair of LCD-3's that actually sound like they're supposed to, but the 2 has its own charms.  I also like its woodwork more. 

 

Would anyone here want an LCD-2?

 

* I'm just waiting until my Electra's nearing completion and watching FS and such just in case.  I think PC -> Aqvox -> Stello U3 -> W4S DAC-2 -> Electra -> SR-009 will be a stopping point for me for a good long while since I don't know which uber DACs I can trust yet and for all I know that field will be different in a year or two.  Also bypassing its USB chip made my DAC-2 pretty darn nice sounding. 

 

I'm content with my portable stuff for the time being and Burson Conductor -> headphones is a fine secondary rig.

 


 

Or an RxMK3-B? People here were curious about that, right?

 

LCD-2. Admittedly, I was neither curious or interested. However, after seeing your post before bedtime, now I know why it's recommended if one want a good nights' sleep, don't go online just before bed. evil_smiley.gif When you've the chance, PM me your price...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2