Since I got my HD700's, I've been listening to the Hellsing and Trigun soundtracks a lot. They are good 'phones to rockout on when paired with an amp that tames the ear-splitting treble. The Lyr works great with them. Extremely forward presentation which is perfect for aggressive music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic Clear Gel Pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Full Review + ATH-M50 Comparison Last post on 2/15/14 at 9:00am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 305post #4561 of 211531/9/13 at 8:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4562 of 211531/9/13 at 9:49pmQuote:
Thank you my friend. It was a lot of fun. The whole "taking it easy, unboxing the new stuff slowly, taking a glance at the product before RTFM, trying to see how to do it the best way, slowly, closing eyes, breathing, holding screwdriver in hand, releasing air, and just let it all out..."-thing is really a zen-kind of meditative thing. Reassemblying everything into the new case yesterday felt like yoga or something new age for me.Quote:Originally Posted by Sylverant
Wow, just wow that is meticulously clean. Incredible. I can't state enough how much I like that case either :D
Mine is nice for a flashy gamer case, but yours is on a whole other level. I think I'm definitely gonna use this image of your internals as a guide for cleaning up mine, which is quite a mess as of now: (it looks even messier with the soundcard installed on the bottom most slot)
Thanks, yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I forgot to take a picture with the graphics card as well. When I saw how clean you're able to do it in new cases, with the black/white internals, I just had to take the photo before going on. I didn't even have two of my drives installed, but they aren't exactly taking up place. One great thing is that they included two fans, one of which is actually right by the HDDs in the bottom front, so the HDDs can get all the cooling they want. I really like that, as I usually find the HDDs very hot when opening up a case after having used the computer.
What case do you have now?Quote:
Yeah, I have to agree. I remember helping a friend out, building his computer (he was anything but a nerd) some years ago, and while the case wasn't cheap, it did remind me of my pre-built factory crappy ones.Quote:
I can imagine fulltowers being hard to do that with. If that case would've been just slightly bigger I wouldn't have been able to do it that way, unless I would've used extension cables of course.post #4563 of 211531/10/13 at 3:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Coq de Combat
Thank you my friend. It was a lot of fun. The whole "taking it easy, unboxing the new stuff slowly, taking a glance at the product before RTFM, trying to see how to do it the best way, slowly, closing eyes, breathing, holding screwdriver in hand, releasing air, and just let it all out..."-thing is really a zen-kind of meditative thing. Reassemblying everything into the new case yesterday felt like yoga or something new age for me.
Your escapades suddenly inspired me to start looking into what I would need to put together my own little pew-pew-pewter (what I like to call the most amount of computing power I can fit in the smallest case) with a Silverstone FT03 Mini. For gaming, machinima and Adobe apps...post #4564 of 211531/10/13 at 7:06am
Some guy in France took this picture of the Moon from his back yard
Also, the Earth apparently has an inner-inner core. It's still iron, but has a different crystal structure than the layer around it.
Am I alone in thinking FFX was one of the best ones? I got almost everything in that game and had characters with ridiculous stats, but then a Viewtiful Joe 2 demo from PSM wiped both my PS2 memory cards.
Oh yeah, I had a dream last night I got a PS Audio Power Base 10, except it was really small and various electronic thnigs I had would scurry away from it. An old aquarium light actually ran from it, up the wall, and across the ceiling.
Edited by driver 8 - 1/10/13 at 7:13ampost #4565 of 211531/10/13 at 8:53amQuote:
As someone with a telescope, I'm pretty impressed at how little atmospheric blurring there is at that magnification. I'm guessing they took thousands of photos, and got lucky with one where the air cooperated.post #4567 of 211531/10/13 at 9:23amThread Starter
I was a terrible cinemaphile last year. Really the only thing of note I did was see The Turin Horse and discover the films of Lee Chang Dong. After Theo Angelopoulos died in January of last year I was sort of bummed out and disillusioned, especially since The Dust of Time was so disappointing, and knowing his Trilogy will go unfinished.post #4568 of 211531/10/13 at 11:28am
While I did very little new music listening in 2012, I did discover a lot of older music I hadn't previously been exposed to. I think with music, books, movies, whatever, it's less about being super current, and more about discovering things you like, regardless of when they came out.post #4570 of 211531/10/13 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by mutabor
In our movie centers they have recently started to show movies in English language. For that reason I decided to watch "Playing for Keeps" with Gerard Butler. There were only two viewers in the empty hall including me. The movie was so horrible. I felt like I was cheated.
You'll feel like that with a lot of movies starring Gerard Butler. He's a decent actor, but he tends to get some pretty lame roles thrown on him. It's rather unfortunate.post #4571 of 211531/10/13 at 11:49am
I want to see Django, but I'm the only Tarantino fan in my family. His movies are best enjoyed with company.
As for Gerard Butler, he usually gets cast in awful stuff like Dracula 2000. Not somebody I go out of my way to see.post #4572 of 211531/10/13 at 11:52ampost #4573 of 211531/10/13 at 11:53amQuote:
My AP Literature teacher said that he really enjoyed Django. He said that it was one of the better Tarantino films he's seen. I'm pretty excited about seeing the movie at some point, though I doubt I'll go to a theater for this one, as much as I'd like to. Movie tickets aren't in the budget right now, at almost $10 per show plus snacks and drinks. It's pretty expensive to go see a movie here in Walla Walla.post #4574 of 211531/10/13 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by a_recording
Your escapades suddenly inspired me to start looking into what I would need to put together my own little pew-pew-pewter (what I like to call the most amount of computing power I can fit in the smallest case) with a Silverstone FT03 Mini. For gaming, machinima and Adobe apps...
I'm glad I could inspire you. Pew-pew-pewter haha, it wasn't all apparent until I read it out to myself. Pew-pew-puter.
I guess you could fit quite a lot of power in that little case.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 11 seconds ago
- › Regular College Student Reporting in: Need Help Identifying Brand... 46 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 1 minute ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 2 minutes ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude