^From my experience, the folks that answer the email at many businesses don't know a darn thing about their company's products. They sometimes don't even know who their own dealers/distributors are. I run into this a lot when researching equipment online. A phonecall usually clears things up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- dt 770pro or 990 Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- entry level Bassy headphones Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/LF: Koss ESP950 Last post on 11/5/13 at 11:34am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 294post #4396 of 199611/4/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4397 of 199611/4/13 at 4:14pmpost #4398 of 199611/4/13 at 5:05pmpost #4399 of 199611/4/13 at 5:54pm
In an interesting turn of events, I think I'm becoming a cat lover liker.
I visited a cat shelter with my girlfriend today, and...
TEH KITTEHS WUZ SSOOOO CCUUUUTTEEEEE
I think I'm starting to understand them. Dogs are more loving, and they are warmer. However, cats seem to be wiser.
I'm moving into my own apartment in a few days and I'm considering adopting a kitteh of my own. They seem more low maintenance.post #4400 of 199611/4/13 at 6:09pm
Almost nothing says "otaku" quite like exotic $2,000 custom-built earphones with cute anime characters on them.
Almost nothing.post #4401 of 199611/4/13 at 6:14pmpost #4402 of 199611/4/13 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
There's no rush. Enjoy what you have now, and as the years go buy you can experiment with new stuff and enjoy it along the way.
When I was 20, I had a pair of $30 earbuds and that was pretty much it. I always laughed to myself when I heard about audiophiles spending three figures on cables and stuff, because to me it seemed like they were never actually into music despite obsessing about fidelity. This hobby is utterly insane to outsiders; I think most people would find spending $300,000 on a car more reasonable than spending $2000 on a headphone amplifier.
That's why I say the whole "it's a journey" thing is kind of bunk. I think for a lot of people, it's more like repetition compulsion. Rather than trying to get to where you're going, I think a lot of head-fiers actually trying to not get to where they're going. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. Sure, we learn about stuff along the way, and in that sense we grow as hobbyists. However I get a bit weary when I hear about people who have only been into this hobby for like three months who have already splurged on an Orpheus rig or SR-009 setup. It would be fine and dandy to go for the pinnacle if one simply wanted the best and to be done with it, but I think upgraditis isn't really about getting better gear so much as just getting different gear. They're still going to be getting new stuff in a few months time, and having started off at the summit, they're going to find almost everything afterward a disappointment, which will in turn fuel more gear-chasing and more consumption until they burn out at the end of the year and get disillusioned and sick of this hobby. This actually happened to me when I first joined head-fi, and why I left for the first half of 2011.
This should be quoted and saved for future reference somewhere please. Don't know what else to say or how I can elaborate more on the topic but only that I strongly agree. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. What an awesome read.post #4403 of 199611/4/13 at 7:07pmpost #4404 of 199611/4/13 at 7:29pm
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.post #4405 of 199611/4/13 at 7:40pmpost #4406 of 199611/4/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by 333jeffery
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.
Hmm. Two kittehs sound like work (and fun).
My girlfriend decided to adopt one. I'm going to the dollar store tomorrow to buy a laserpost #4407 of 199611/4/13 at 8:00pm
My current cat's about as affectionate as a nice dog when he's actually awake. Their personalities vary wildly.
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?post #4408 of 199611/4/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
Lasers. Best investment for playing with a cat since pet birds.
Meanwhile, I think I've made a discovery today. My dad fancies himself an audiophile, or at least our home media center has vastly improved in audio quality since I left for college. I don't know what speakers he's using, but he's got a BUNCH of boxes that I can only assume are amps, dacs, and other miscellaneous important things that I don't understand. If I got some names of what I'm seeing, could you guys identify?
PS: Are the Z1000 and the 7520s essentially the same headphone or what? I'm sad Z1000 is out of production, but if the 7520 is the same thing, then everything is excellent. I wonder if a Z2000 will be released...
Edited by compoopers - 1/4/13 at 11:23pmpost #4409 of 199611/5/13 at 1:21amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by driver 8
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?
I have a Cambridge Azur CD player, and it's actually really nice for the money.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 seconds ago
- › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › LG G2 Mini-Review 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › The best looking DACs 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude