^From my experience, the folks that answer the email at many businesses don't know a darn thing about their company's products. They sometimes don't even know who their own dealers/distributors are. I run into this a lot when researching equipment online. A phonecall usually clears things up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:08 pm in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Koss amp Last post on 3/20/14 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 294post #4396 of 214271/4/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4397 of 214271/4/13 at 4:14pmpost #4398 of 214271/4/13 at 5:05pmpost #4399 of 214271/4/13 at 5:54pm
In an interesting turn of events, I think I'm becoming a cat lover liker.
I visited a cat shelter with my girlfriend today, and...
TEH KITTEHS WUZ SSOOOO CCUUUUTTEEEEE
I think I'm starting to understand them. Dogs are more loving, and they are warmer. However, cats seem to be wiser.
I'm moving into my own apartment in a few days and I'm considering adopting a kitteh of my own. They seem more low maintenance.post #4400 of 214271/4/13 at 6:09pm
Almost nothing says "otaku" quite like exotic $2,000 custom-built earphones with cute anime characters on them.
Almost nothing.post #4401 of 214271/4/13 at 6:14pmpost #4402 of 214271/4/13 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
There's no rush. Enjoy what you have now, and as the years go buy you can experiment with new stuff and enjoy it along the way.
When I was 20, I had a pair of $30 earbuds and that was pretty much it. I always laughed to myself when I heard about audiophiles spending three figures on cables and stuff, because to me it seemed like they were never actually into music despite obsessing about fidelity. This hobby is utterly insane to outsiders; I think most people would find spending $300,000 on a car more reasonable than spending $2000 on a headphone amplifier.
That's why I say the whole "it's a journey" thing is kind of bunk. I think for a lot of people, it's more like repetition compulsion. Rather than trying to get to where you're going, I think a lot of head-fiers actually trying to not get to where they're going. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. Sure, we learn about stuff along the way, and in that sense we grow as hobbyists. However I get a bit weary when I hear about people who have only been into this hobby for like three months who have already splurged on an Orpheus rig or SR-009 setup. It would be fine and dandy to go for the pinnacle if one simply wanted the best and to be done with it, but I think upgraditis isn't really about getting better gear so much as just getting different gear. They're still going to be getting new stuff in a few months time, and having started off at the summit, they're going to find almost everything afterward a disappointment, which will in turn fuel more gear-chasing and more consumption until they burn out at the end of the year and get disillusioned and sick of this hobby. This actually happened to me when I first joined head-fi, and why I left for the first half of 2011.
This should be quoted and saved for future reference somewhere please. Don't know what else to say or how I can elaborate more on the topic but only that I strongly agree. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. What an awesome read.post #4403 of 214271/4/13 at 7:07pmpost #4404 of 214271/4/13 at 7:29pm
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.post #4405 of 214271/4/13 at 7:40pmpost #4406 of 214271/4/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by 333jeffery
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.
Hmm. Two kittehs sound like work (and fun).
My girlfriend decided to adopt one. I'm going to the dollar store tomorrow to buy a laserpost #4407 of 214271/4/13 at 8:00pm
My current cat's about as affectionate as a nice dog when he's actually awake. Their personalities vary wildly.
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?post #4408 of 214271/4/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
Lasers. Best investment for playing with a cat since pet birds.
Meanwhile, I think I've made a discovery today. My dad fancies himself an audiophile, or at least our home media center has vastly improved in audio quality since I left for college. I don't know what speakers he's using, but he's got a BUNCH of boxes that I can only assume are amps, dacs, and other miscellaneous important things that I don't understand. If I got some names of what I'm seeing, could you guys identify?
PS: Are the Z1000 and the 7520s essentially the same headphone or what? I'm sad Z1000 is out of production, but if the 7520 is the same thing, then everything is excellent. I wonder if a Z2000 will be released...
Edited by compoopers - 1/4/13 at 11:23pmpost #4409 of 214271/5/13 at 1:21amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by driver 8
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?
I have a Cambridge Azur CD player, and it's actually really nice for the money.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob