^From my experience, the folks that answer the email at many businesses don't know a darn thing about their company's products. They sometimes don't even know who their own dealers/distributors are. I run into this a lot when researching equipment online. A phonecall usually clears things up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 294post #4396 of 217601/4/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4397 of 217601/4/13 at 4:14pmpost #4398 of 217601/4/13 at 5:05pmpost #4399 of 217601/4/13 at 5:54pm
In an interesting turn of events, I think I'm becoming a cat lover liker.
I visited a cat shelter with my girlfriend today, and...
TEH KITTEHS WUZ SSOOOO CCUUUUTTEEEEE
I think I'm starting to understand them. Dogs are more loving, and they are warmer. However, cats seem to be wiser.
I'm moving into my own apartment in a few days and I'm considering adopting a kitteh of my own. They seem more low maintenance.post #4400 of 217601/4/13 at 6:09pmpost #4401 of 217601/4/13 at 6:14pmpost #4402 of 217601/4/13 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
There's no rush. Enjoy what you have now, and as the years go buy you can experiment with new stuff and enjoy it along the way.
When I was 20, I had a pair of $30 earbuds and that was pretty much it. I always laughed to myself when I heard about audiophiles spending three figures on cables and stuff, because to me it seemed like they were never actually into music despite obsessing about fidelity. This hobby is utterly insane to outsiders; I think most people would find spending $300,000 on a car more reasonable than spending $2000 on a headphone amplifier.
That's why I say the whole "it's a journey" thing is kind of bunk. I think for a lot of people, it's more like repetition compulsion. Rather than trying to get to where you're going, I think a lot of head-fiers actually trying to not get to where they're going. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. Sure, we learn about stuff along the way, and in that sense we grow as hobbyists. However I get a bit weary when I hear about people who have only been into this hobby for like three months who have already splurged on an Orpheus rig or SR-009 setup. It would be fine and dandy to go for the pinnacle if one simply wanted the best and to be done with it, but I think upgraditis isn't really about getting better gear so much as just getting different gear. They're still going to be getting new stuff in a few months time, and having started off at the summit, they're going to find almost everything afterward a disappointment, which will in turn fuel more gear-chasing and more consumption until they burn out at the end of the year and get disillusioned and sick of this hobby. This actually happened to me when I first joined head-fi, and why I left for the first half of 2011.
This should be quoted and saved for future reference somewhere please. Don't know what else to say or how I can elaborate more on the topic but only that I strongly agree. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. What an awesome read.post #4403 of 217601/4/13 at 7:07pmWorth a look, MF: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uturnaudio/the-orbit-turntable-0post #4404 of 217601/4/13 at 7:29pm
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.post #4405 of 217601/4/13 at 7:40pmpost #4406 of 217601/4/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by 333jeffery
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.
Hmm. Two kittehs sound like work (and fun).
My girlfriend decided to adopt one. I'm going to the dollar store tomorrow to buy a laserpost #4407 of 217601/4/13 at 8:00pm
My current cat's about as affectionate as a nice dog when he's actually awake. Their personalities vary wildly.
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?post #4408 of 217601/4/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
Lasers. Best investment for playing with a cat since pet birds.
Meanwhile, I think I've made a discovery today. My dad fancies himself an audiophile, or at least our home media center has vastly improved in audio quality since I left for college. I don't know what speakers he's using, but he's got a BUNCH of boxes that I can only assume are amps, dacs, and other miscellaneous important things that I don't understand. If I got some names of what I'm seeing, could you guys identify?
PS: Are the Z1000 and the 7520s essentially the same headphone or what? I'm sad Z1000 is out of production, but if the 7520 is the same thing, then everything is excellent. I wonder if a Z2000 will be released...
Edited by compoopers - 1/4/13 at 11:23pmpost #4409 of 217601/5/13 at 1:21amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by driver 8
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?
I have a Cambridge Azur CD player, and it's actually really nice for the money.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 7 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 52 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2