^From my experience, the folks that answer the email at many businesses don't know a darn thing about their company's products. They sometimes don't even know who their own dealers/distributors are. I run into this a lot when researching equipment online. A phonecall usually clears things up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 294post #4396 of 217601/4/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4397 of 217601/4/13 at 4:14pmpost #4398 of 217601/4/13 at 5:05pmpost #4399 of 217601/4/13 at 5:54pm
In an interesting turn of events, I think I'm becoming a cat lover liker.
I visited a cat shelter with my girlfriend today, and...
TEH KITTEHS WUZ SSOOOO CCUUUUTTEEEEE
I think I'm starting to understand them. Dogs are more loving, and they are warmer. However, cats seem to be wiser.
I'm moving into my own apartment in a few days and I'm considering adopting a kitteh of my own. They seem more low maintenance.post #4400 of 217601/4/13 at 6:09pmpost #4401 of 217601/4/13 at 6:14pmpost #4402 of 217601/4/13 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
There's no rush. Enjoy what you have now, and as the years go buy you can experiment with new stuff and enjoy it along the way.
When I was 20, I had a pair of $30 earbuds and that was pretty much it. I always laughed to myself when I heard about audiophiles spending three figures on cables and stuff, because to me it seemed like they were never actually into music despite obsessing about fidelity. This hobby is utterly insane to outsiders; I think most people would find spending $300,000 on a car more reasonable than spending $2000 on a headphone amplifier.
That's why I say the whole "it's a journey" thing is kind of bunk. I think for a lot of people, it's more like repetition compulsion. Rather than trying to get to where you're going, I think a lot of head-fiers actually trying to not get to where they're going. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. Sure, we learn about stuff along the way, and in that sense we grow as hobbyists. However I get a bit weary when I hear about people who have only been into this hobby for like three months who have already splurged on an Orpheus rig or SR-009 setup. It would be fine and dandy to go for the pinnacle if one simply wanted the best and to be done with it, but I think upgraditis isn't really about getting better gear so much as just getting different gear. They're still going to be getting new stuff in a few months time, and having started off at the summit, they're going to find almost everything afterward a disappointment, which will in turn fuel more gear-chasing and more consumption until they burn out at the end of the year and get disillusioned and sick of this hobby. This actually happened to me when I first joined head-fi, and why I left for the first half of 2011.
This should be quoted and saved for future reference somewhere please. Don't know what else to say or how I can elaborate more on the topic but only that I strongly agree. Desire is only desire so long as it remains unfulfilled. What an awesome read.post #4403 of 217601/4/13 at 7:07pmWorth a look, MF: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uturnaudio/the-orbit-turntable-0post #4404 of 217601/4/13 at 7:29pm
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.post #4405 of 217601/4/13 at 7:40pmpost #4406 of 217601/4/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by 333jeffery
^That's a cool little turntable. Almost makes me want to play records again. Almost.
Having been owned by many cats over the years, I can say that they do indeed make good pets. Especially for apartment dwellers. Just make sure they have plenty of scratching posts, and a cat-tower or two available. And, an extra kitty to play with always helps.
Hmm. Two kittehs sound like work (and fun).
My girlfriend decided to adopt one. I'm going to the dollar store tomorrow to buy a laserpost #4407 of 217601/4/13 at 8:00pm
My current cat's about as affectionate as a nice dog when he's actually awake. Their personalities vary wildly.
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?post #4408 of 217601/4/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
Lasers. Best investment for playing with a cat since pet birds.
Meanwhile, I think I've made a discovery today. My dad fancies himself an audiophile, or at least our home media center has vastly improved in audio quality since I left for college. I don't know what speakers he's using, but he's got a BUNCH of boxes that I can only assume are amps, dacs, and other miscellaneous important things that I don't understand. If I got some names of what I'm seeing, could you guys identify?
PS: Are the Z1000 and the 7520s essentially the same headphone or what? I'm sad Z1000 is out of production, but if the 7520 is the same thing, then everything is excellent. I wonder if a Z2000 will be released...
Edited by compoopers - 1/4/13 at 11:23pmpost #4409 of 217601/5/13 at 1:21amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by driver 8
I got a Cambridge 350C today, which I plan on hooking up to my DAC via coaxial as soon as I remember where I left the cable. For awhile I've been thinking it would be nice to be able to use my stuff without also being on the computer. I bought this specific one because it was offered to me at an alright price and it killed my temptation to get that $1k Woo thing. And it should be more than adequate at spinning the disc and sending a digital signal to my DAC, right?
I have a Cambridge Azur CD player, and it's actually really nice for the money.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 second ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Seeking advice: Audio-gd customer service (NFB-15) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › Unamped Sennheiser HD 598 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2