Anyone interesting the the Sony Xperia Yuga? Supposedly there will be a CES reveal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 289post #4321 of 217601/2/13 at 10:28amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4322 of 217601/2/13 at 10:48ampost #4323 of 217601/2/13 at 11:34am
I'm not crazy about this huge screen trend in smart phones. I just feel like I'm more likely to drop something like that and would probably never watch a movie on a phone anyways.
My friend who's nuts over them has gone through... 6 in the past 3 years? Maybe more like 4, but that's still absurd.
Edited by driver 8 - 1/2/13 at 11:35ampost #4324 of 217601/2/13 at 11:48amI just picked up a HTC DNA a couple days ago. It is a large screen, but the phone is thin and the edges taper so it feels small in the hand.
It's nice for browsing being able to see so much more. Also a surprise was how exceptional the headphone output is, turns out it has a dedicated headphone amp. Of course the first thing I did was disable the beats audio algorithm.post #4325 of 217601/2/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
I want to go again, but I have some scheduling conflicts. If that weekend does open up for me, I'll try to make it.post #4326 of 217601/2/13 at 2:20pmQuote:
Cool. There's something looming that might prevent me from attending but I don't want to post a series "i'm going/I'm not going/I'm going" updates to the meetup thread.
I was hoping to use a photo of you instead but none of mine came out well, dangit. Maybe next time.post #4327 of 217601/2/13 at 2:37pmQuote:
I don't even know what that is but you've got me all intrigued. I'll be at CES this year so I'll see what I can find out if anyone is curious.Quote:
JMLab Mezzo Utopia?Quote:
Isn't that like a whole other state over?post #4328 of 217601/2/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Could be, I'm envious, HifiGuy has all the cool toys to play with. I'm surprised he hasn't started his own dedicated speaker channel.post #4329 of 217601/2/13 at 3:30pmpost #4330 of 217601/2/13 at 3:34pmQuote:
If I recall correctly, he's not much farther away from the meetup than I am. I'm looking at a 3-4 hour drive each way.post #4331 of 217601/2/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Confirmed, JMLab Mezzo Utopias.Quote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
You go where you have to. There are no meets in Oklahoma so I go to Dallas 3 hrs away and even Austin 7 hrs away to audition gear and meet people.
Wow, that's some dedication. For the L.A. meet, I had to travel 3~4 miles... it was brutal.post #4332 of 217601/2/13 at 4:21pmpost #4333 of 217601/2/13 at 4:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coq de Combat
Happy new year to you too my friend. What do you think about Cosmic Ears? They seem very cheap, and people seem to enjoy their CIEMs. I'm maybe thinking of maybe perhaps kind of contemplating that if I ever were to plan on thinking about trying CIEMs...then maybe they could be worth a shot? Perhaps? Maybe?
Sorry, I missedthis question earlier...
Don't know much at all about Cosmic Ears, to be honest.
There's also M-Fidelity, which used to make Starkey's customs under a branding contract but are using their own name now. They're in Stavanger, Norway, not Stockholm, but that's just a ferry ride away, right?post #4334 of 217601/2/13 at 4:58pmpost #4335 of 217601/2/13 at 5:24pm
About that Xperia Yuga phablet, if it turns out to be class complaint and I can run a DAC with it, I'd be a happy camper.Quote:
You went JUST for the meet? Or were there other reasons for making the trip?Quote:
Unless you run into Deputy Fife...
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Kindly Request Your Expertise 53 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Preparing to receive my new Fiio X-1: Need recommendations on card... 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni Pre-Order Sale and Head-Fi Impressions Tour Sign Up 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right HiFi Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 8 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 9 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)