Drawing from both lists I think I have... 5 of those? I didn't actually listen to a lot of cool new music this year.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 284post #4246 of 2176012/31/12 at 6:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4247 of 2176012/31/12 at 6:47amThread Starter
Actually, the original post said "Top 50" before head-fi decided to start flaking out on my end. Hence the double post above as well. I had to use an older edit before it was expanded to try to get the formatting right, and overall it was a pretty frustrating process because I had to edit it probably 10 different times because the formatting kept acting screwy.post #4249 of 2176012/31/12 at 10:33am
Happy New Year!
I won't be doing any top 50 lists or anything, because I find it too hard to choose between different kinds of music. Besides, most of my music listening has been with either music from the 80's or moombahton.
Oh well, I bought an Xbox 360 with a few games. Halo 4, Crysis 2, Skyrim, The Witcher 2, UFC, Battlefield BC2, and so on and so forth. There are quite a few games that I have missed since getting my second RROD, so I'll have to play quite a bit in the nearest future.
Oh, I can do a top list for games:
1/2 . Halo 4/Crysis 2post #4250 of 2176012/31/12 at 10:49am
^Crysis 3 will be out in a few months, and it looks awesome.
As for Claymore, it has one fatal flaw: Priscilla is soooo obscenely powerful, that nobody can beat her. Poor Clare doesn't stand a chance.
MF, if you haven't watched it, give "A Woman Named Fujiko Mine" a shot. Great retro style art, and Fujiko kicks @$$.post #4251 of 2176012/31/12 at 11:27ampost #4252 of 2176012/31/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
It also may have partly been because we were in the Montana wilderness, 500mi from any other type of food that wasn't still running around under its own power.post #4253 of 2176012/31/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
Actually, the original post said "Top 50" before head-fi decided to start flaking out on my end. Hence the double post above as well. I had to use an older edit before it was expanded to try to get the formatting right, and overall it was a pretty frustrating process because I had to edit it probably 10 different times because the formatting kept acting screwy.
Oh don't get me wrong, it's a welcome slip. Not that size/quantity is everything, but in this case, 50 > 20 definitely. And yeah, I'm with you on the formatting weirdness. For me there are certain formatting tricks that only seem to work once (i.e. they stick if I post right away). Once one or more "previews" are involved, all bets are off as the rich text things munges the post beyond all recognition.
I've been pre-occupied with life's myriad directions lately... so only now am I starting to give The Flying Lotus's album a listen. Not surprisingly, its sounds better via my better cans.Quote:Originally Posted by Magick ManQuote:
It also may have partly been because we were in the Montana wilderness, 500mi from any other type of food that wasn't still running around under its own power.
Oh well you didn't mention that "spice" earlier. That makes everything taste better! BTW, best curry I have ever (EVER) had was on a Pakistani International Airline flight, no joke... so I understand the good things happen in unexpected places thing (Montana or otherwise).post #4254 of 2176012/31/12 at 2:33pm
Sorry for the late reply and bringing this up 4 pages after the fact, I've been otherwise distracted...Quote:Originally Posted by driver 8
Huh, either my wall spirits were coincidentally banished sometime within the last couple of days or that hourly hum I mentioned with the ECBA before was it picking up something from my DAC's USB input, because I haven't heard it in the past 2 hours or so I've been listening with the Stello.
Interesting. This is pointing more and more to my 'Not all USB ports are created equal' theory. Or does it have to do with power? Bad power leads to bad USB out?
I just ordered the 4.Ai a few weeks before Christmas. Yes, it's y'alls faultpost #4255 of 2176012/31/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
I think you missed my post where the ellusive hum came back the next day.
As it was here one day, gone the other, and seems completely unrelated to the Stello now, I'm fairly sure it's just something going on elsewhere that the ECBA itself is picking up.
Switching to the Stello has, however, stopped my DAC from being all buggy at random. So it would seem that you had a better USB connection going than I did. As for whether or not the Stello has improved my SQ... idk. I get this feeling that things are more focused, but it's subtle. I hate A/B testing lest I'd get another USB cable, plug it in, and switch modes to verify this.
I still have that Aqvox USB power dealie on the way so there'll be more voodoo trickery to come.
Edited by driver 8 - 12/31/12 at 2:57pmpost #4256 of 2176012/31/12 at 3:30pmpost #4257 of 2176012/31/12 at 4:16pmpost #4258 of 2176012/31/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
The folks in charge of adapting the anime were actually extremely faithful through the majority of it, even down to emulating the art style of the manga. They had the utmost respect for the source material. The decision to change the ending was made because they only had so many episodes green-lit, so they wanted to wrap the series up after the assault on Pieta. Otherwise they would have just left the series on a rather unsatisfying note IMHO, which is what happened for instance with Deadman Wonderland. However they did leave the anime at a place where a sequel series could easily launch.
In the manga I really loved the stuff with the resurrected former number 1s. Hysteria the Elegant and Roxanne of Love and Hate had great personalities (Roxanne was like Ophelia on steroids). My favorite however was Cassandra the Dust Eater just because of her absolutely ridiculous technique and awakened form.
I really liked that anime and do agree. They were pretty faithful but of course they needed to wrap things up quickly.
While the ending for the anime wasn't very good. The pace and current trajectory of the manga isn't a Golden Child either.post #4259 of 2176012/31/12 at 7:46pmThread Starter
I'm at a really boring party right now. Thinking about ditching with some folks and just hanging out on the roof of the parking garage.
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the JH16 Pro Freq-Phase before the New Years special expires. Can't decide what to go with...
transparent "whitegirl" shells and plates
opaque "whitegirl" shells with transparent "whitegirl" plates
transparent "sucker_punch" shells and plates
transparent "redgray" shells and plates
transparent "deadwood" shells with transparent "shipyard" plates
* * * * * * *
I'm kinda leaning toward either "opaque whitegirl shells w/ clear whitegirl plates" or the "sucker_punch shells / plates"....
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Music Game IX 39 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases EX1 Aerospace Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Is this a good soundcard? 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3