Drawing from both lists I think I have... 5 of those? I didn't actually listen to a lot of cool new music this year.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on 4/12/14 at 4:37pm in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Koss amp Last post on 3/20/14 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy Denon D2000 (+ compared with Fidelio X1)? Last post on 3/21/14 at 3:23am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 284post #4246 of 2139312/31/12 at 6:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4247 of 2139312/31/12 at 6:47amThread Starter
Actually, the original post said "Top 50" before head-fi decided to start flaking out on my end. Hence the double post above as well. I had to use an older edit before it was expanded to try to get the formatting right, and overall it was a pretty frustrating process because I had to edit it probably 10 different times because the formatting kept acting screwy.post #4249 of 2139312/31/12 at 10:33am
Happy New Year!
I won't be doing any top 50 lists or anything, because I find it too hard to choose between different kinds of music. Besides, most of my music listening has been with either music from the 80's or moombahton.
Oh well, I bought an Xbox 360 with a few games. Halo 4, Crysis 2, Skyrim, The Witcher 2, UFC, Battlefield BC2, and so on and so forth. There are quite a few games that I have missed since getting my second RROD, so I'll have to play quite a bit in the nearest future.
Oh, I can do a top list for games:
1/2 . Halo 4/Crysis 2post #4250 of 2139312/31/12 at 10:49am
^Crysis 3 will be out in a few months, and it looks awesome.
As for Claymore, it has one fatal flaw: Priscilla is soooo obscenely powerful, that nobody can beat her. Poor Clare doesn't stand a chance.
MF, if you haven't watched it, give "A Woman Named Fujiko Mine" a shot. Great retro style art, and Fujiko kicks @$$.post #4251 of 2139312/31/12 at 11:27ampost #4252 of 2139312/31/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
It also may have partly been because we were in the Montana wilderness, 500mi from any other type of food that wasn't still running around under its own power.post #4253 of 2139312/31/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
Actually, the original post said "Top 50" before head-fi decided to start flaking out on my end. Hence the double post above as well. I had to use an older edit before it was expanded to try to get the formatting right, and overall it was a pretty frustrating process because I had to edit it probably 10 different times because the formatting kept acting screwy.
Oh don't get me wrong, it's a welcome slip. Not that size/quantity is everything, but in this case, 50 > 20 definitely. And yeah, I'm with you on the formatting weirdness. For me there are certain formatting tricks that only seem to work once (i.e. they stick if I post right away). Once one or more "previews" are involved, all bets are off as the rich text things munges the post beyond all recognition.
I've been pre-occupied with life's myriad directions lately... so only now am I starting to give The Flying Lotus's album a listen. Not surprisingly, its sounds better via my better cans.Quote:Originally Posted by Magick ManQuote:
It also may have partly been because we were in the Montana wilderness, 500mi from any other type of food that wasn't still running around under its own power.
Oh well you didn't mention that "spice" earlier. That makes everything taste better! BTW, best curry I have ever (EVER) had was on a Pakistani International Airline flight, no joke... so I understand the good things happen in unexpected places thing (Montana or otherwise).post #4254 of 2139312/31/12 at 2:33pm
Sorry for the late reply and bringing this up 4 pages after the fact, I've been otherwise distracted...Quote:Originally Posted by driver 8
Huh, either my wall spirits were coincidentally banished sometime within the last couple of days or that hourly hum I mentioned with the ECBA before was it picking up something from my DAC's USB input, because I haven't heard it in the past 2 hours or so I've been listening with the Stello.
Interesting. This is pointing more and more to my 'Not all USB ports are created equal' theory. Or does it have to do with power? Bad power leads to bad USB out?
I just ordered the 4.Ai a few weeks before Christmas. Yes, it's y'alls faultpost #4255 of 2139312/31/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
I think you missed my post where the ellusive hum came back the next day.
As it was here one day, gone the other, and seems completely unrelated to the Stello now, I'm fairly sure it's just something going on elsewhere that the ECBA itself is picking up.
Switching to the Stello has, however, stopped my DAC from being all buggy at random. So it would seem that you had a better USB connection going than I did. As for whether or not the Stello has improved my SQ... idk. I get this feeling that things are more focused, but it's subtle. I hate A/B testing lest I'd get another USB cable, plug it in, and switch modes to verify this.
I still have that Aqvox USB power dealie on the way so there'll be more voodoo trickery to come.
Edited by driver 8 - 12/31/12 at 2:57pmpost #4256 of 2139312/31/12 at 3:30pmpost #4257 of 2139312/31/12 at 4:16pmpost #4258 of 2139312/31/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
The folks in charge of adapting the anime were actually extremely faithful through the majority of it, even down to emulating the art style of the manga. They had the utmost respect for the source material. The decision to change the ending was made because they only had so many episodes green-lit, so they wanted to wrap the series up after the assault on Pieta. Otherwise they would have just left the series on a rather unsatisfying note IMHO, which is what happened for instance with Deadman Wonderland. However they did leave the anime at a place where a sequel series could easily launch.
In the manga I really loved the stuff with the resurrected former number 1s. Hysteria the Elegant and Roxanne of Love and Hate had great personalities (Roxanne was like Ophelia on steroids). My favorite however was Cassandra the Dust Eater just because of her absolutely ridiculous technique and awakened form.
I really liked that anime and do agree. They were pretty faithful but of course they needed to wrap things up quickly.
While the ending for the anime wasn't very good. The pace and current trajectory of the manga isn't a Golden Child either.post #4259 of 2139312/31/12 at 7:46pmThread Starter
I'm at a really boring party right now. Thinking about ditching with some folks and just hanging out on the roof of the parking garage.
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the JH16 Pro Freq-Phase before the New Years special expires. Can't decide what to go with...
transparent "whitegirl" shells and plates
opaque "whitegirl" shells with transparent "whitegirl" plates
transparent "sucker_punch" shells and plates
transparent "redgray" shells and plates
transparent "deadwood" shells with transparent "shipyard" plates
* * * * * * *
I'm kinda leaning toward either "opaque whitegirl shells w/ clear whitegirl plates" or the "sucker_punch shells / plates"....
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 7 seconds ago
- › Close back headphone with similar sound signature as the Akg K240? 36 seconds ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 41 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob