or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 262  

post #3916 of 21760
I can't believe I used "positive role models" and "anime" in the same breath. Anyway. In older anime, Sailor Moon (shut up! it's fun!), Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2 and Lum/Urutsei Yatsura come to mind, all for different reasons. Most of them are pretty silly (Inuyasha not so much) and the latter two are kind of unabashed about the fact that boys are boys and girls are girls and some things naturally happen, so to speak, but they're safe for family viewing and were mostly originally made for preteens and teens.

As for anything that's come out in the past mumblety years, you got me. No clue.
post #3917 of 21760
Thread Starter 

Go old school and give her some Unico to watch.

 

 

1000

 

Ballin'

post #3918 of 21760
From memory those eke mentioned should be great. If you can find the toonami versions of Tenchi, those will also be good.
post #3919 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post

From memory those eke mentioned should be great. If you can find the toonami versions of Tenchi, those will also be good.

 

Tenchi (in all iterations) was basically a love triangle, with a little action thrown in here and there.

 

Man I miss my childhood.

 

If I had any control ovr the human life cycle, I'd make it go like this:

 

baby > child > adolescent > adult > old age > child > death

 

That way, we'd be more appreciative of what we have in our youth, plus we'd have saved up enough money to eat pizza ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Talk about dying content.

post #3920 of 21760

LOL

 

Wimm-Bill-Dann Accused of Promoting Homosexuality on Milk Cartons
 

 

 


Edited by mutabor - 12/20/12 at 11:22am
post #3921 of 21760

Yep, those rainbow's are really secret code for People Against Goodness And Normalcy. Hahaha...

post #3922 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Tenchi (in all iterations) was basically a love triangle, with a little action thrown in here and there.

 

Man I miss my childhood.

 

If I had any control ovr the human life cycle, I'd make it go like this:

 

baby > child > adolescent > adult > old age > child > death

 

That way, we'd be more appreciative of what we have in our youth, plus we'd have saved up enough money to eat pizza ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Talk about dying content.

Tell me about it. The OVA's of Muyo had a lot more action in them. Universe was the same, and Tokyo was exactly how you described.

 

And you know what? I loved em. I do agree about missing my childhood too. It was so much easier (and cheaper) to get excited back then :/

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333jeffery View Post

Yep, those rainbow's are really secret code for People Against Goodness And Normalcy. Hahaha...

OMG I lol'd.

post #3923 of 21760

Thanks everyone for your input and recommendations.  You will make her very happy as I think her parents have her on 'anime hold' until they get a sanitized list.

 

@ardgedee:  you nailed it.  Her condition is similar to Aspergers but not exactly.  While it shares some symptoms it also has others that don't fit the mold.  Doctors are apparently considering a new category/label for her condition.

post #3924 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Another new headphone....

 

Aëdle VK-1 Valkyrie 

 

 

1000

MSRP: 325 USD ("Classic") and 360 USD ("Carbon")

 

http://www.aedle.net/#top

 

That's gorgeous! I'd consider a preoder hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrak View Post

Thanks everyone for your input and recommendations.  You will make her very happy as I think her parents have her on 'anime hold' until they get a sanitized list.

 

@ardgedee:  you nailed it.  Her condition is similar to Aspergers but not exactly.  While it shares some symptoms it also has others that don't fit the mold.  Doctors are apparently considering a new category/label for her condition.

 

I can't really contribute much more than what everyone else has suggested, especially since I watched Evangelion when I was younger and I think that pretty much completely changed my life lol. It doesn't help that a lot of animal series start off quite chirpy and then get very dark quickly.

 

I would definitely warn against Full Metal Alchemist for someone too young, though I was watching the movie in Hong Kong and noticed a few kids in the audience absolutely thrilled by the violence. 

 

I guess it can't hurt to watch anything that was dubbed in English and accordingly sanitised for a kids TV network, even if a lot of purists might loathe that idea.

post #3925 of 21760
Thread Starter 

So all of a sudden I'm getting really hyped about the IE800 for some reason. I found an importer I like selling it, but their price is a little high. Asking if they might consider coming down a wee bit. Not expecting it.

post #3926 of 21760

I really like the way they look. If the IE80's looked like the IE800's, I would have gotten them.

post #3927 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

So all of a sudden I'm getting really hyped about the IE800 for some reason. I found an importer I like selling it, but their price is a little high. Asking if they might consider coming down a wee bit. Not expecting it.

 

The accessoryjack price doesn't seem so bad?

post #3928 of 21760

Does anyone know of any creative commons music (for commercial use)? I'm thinking of actually doing this whole youtube video review thingy; it would be nice if my headphone collection at least paid for a bit of itself. 

 

Edit: Nvm, found this via the creative commons organisation heh: http://ccmixter.org/


Edited by a_recording - 12/20/12 at 3:02pm
post #3929 of 21760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

 

The accessoryjack price doesn't seem so bad?

 

I don't like AccessoryJack. Plus it says "coming soon" which could be who-knows-how-long (especially when it comes to, well, AccessoryJack...).

post #3930 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

I don't like AccessoryJack. Plus it says "coming soon" which could be who-knows-how-long (especially when it comes to, well, AccessoryJack...).

 

Oh wait, now I remember the runaround you had with them!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2