I like bagels, but I'd rather have an English muffin, all things considered.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 170post #2536 of 2176011/14/12 at 7:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2537 of 2176011/14/12 at 8:47amQuote:
You sir, are a heretic and possibly involved in witch-craft. We must now burn you at the stake for such defamatory statements.
The laws of the bagel inquisition demand it.
It's a free world, so I guess you're entitled to have a wrongful lusts after English muffins.post #2538 of 2176011/14/12 at 8:52ampost #2539 of 2176011/14/12 at 9:02ampost #2540 of 2176011/14/12 at 11:49amQuote:
So that's what the little green bits were...Quote:
I think it's mainly because they are dense (filling), and relatively flavorless (so that take on the flavor of whatever you put on it). A utility/versatility I'd say.post #2541 of 2176011/14/12 at 11:52am
I like bagels and English muffins both. They fulfill different needs, they can both be very good. And they can each be very bad, and not be satisfying for anybody.post #2542 of 2176011/14/12 at 11:57amAll bread is just a conveyance vehicle for the transportation of fat from my plate to my mouth. Cream cheese, melted cheddar cheese, various meats, butter & garlic, oil & balsamic, chili burgers, etc, etc.post #2543 of 2176011/14/12 at 12:06pmpost #2544 of 2176011/14/12 at 1:07pmpost #2545 of 2176011/14/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
Ever had monkey brains? That's pretty fatty... very metallic taste though.Quote:
LOL, then our master plan is working out beautifully!Quote:
Boo on her!post #2546 of 2176011/14/12 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
I meant voyeuristic on the part of the people watching the video. Us, in other words lol. That's why I felt so awkward watching it but couldn't turn away.
With unboxing videos especially, those posting them seem rather exhibitionist, basically "putting on a show" for their audience. Sometimes it's subtle, and other times it's almost a parody of itself (like a striptease wherein the person doing the unboxing gives the audience a little peak, only to cover it back up again). In this case it's definitely less clear, but I can't help but feel like the poster knows he's sharing a private moment involving his wife when he comments that she'd be really upset if she knew he posted it to a public forum. I agree that there's genuine enthusiasm permeating the review tho; it's clear he's excited about the headphones and how they're soliciting a certain response among the people in his life. Still, you also have to admit that posting videos of people singing to themselves has a certain whiff of "revenge plot" about it. Not suggesting he has that as a motive, but that element of potential mortification sort of taints any "innocence" in his review IMHO.
Of course, I'm just speculating there. I tend to view things in terms of the fact that whenever we post on the forums, there's always an underlying personal motivation, and the act itself plays just as much of a role in meaning as the content expressed therein. I really do think it's about more than just headphones often times, though I'm aware of the valid criticisms of such a view. Still, I'm beginning to see impressions more and more in the light of personal expression, and there's almost an element of performance art to it, a certain dance of signification and social practice that occurs between the performer and spectators. What I like about this schema is that it takes into account the audience, and a post like the LCD-2 review is made largely in accommodation of that audience. In a lot of cases it seems like the review is thinking of what he or she can give the audience that they want. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, either. However in this case, it's why I kind of feel as though the reviewer is saying to himself "oh, my audience will love this embarrassing clip of my wife" and risking potential humiliation to gain... I dunno, camaraderie? Something along those lines maybe. Yeah, I'm reading a lot into it LOL.
It could also be the case that those videos are staged and she knows full well he's going to post them. Either way though, it's playing to the audience and not really "innocent" in my view. Still, enthusiasm is important and makes for the best reviews. It's not something easily faked, and I can discern such enthusiasm in the review.
Damn... I am really astonished of the reactions brought by my impressions .
I was really sincere and all you read is true and wrote from the heart.
Let me clarify a little.
I can assure you that nothing was staged.
I had this passion for over 4 years. I am trying to convince her into this passion for 2 years now, with no luck. She was not impressed with my former headphones. The only headphones she reacted to were the lcd2s.
I truly had in mind to write something on headfi before giving her the headphones, because i had to thank Audeze for the gift they sent me (the info is in my post).
When she started to sing and dance I thought immediately it was very nice to add into my impressions. She did not know at first she is filmed as you can see in the first video .
When she was preparing to leave and she dedicated Abbas' "I thank you for the music", I already thought it is gold to use as an ending.
I told her I will post the videos, but she did not believe me ) . But if you look at the last page from the thread, she found out and she responded with the epic nickname "The Wife".
I did not think from the start that the videos are embarrassing at all, or I wouldn't have put them. It just genuine enthusiasm from someone who is not an audiophile.
I wanted to show the impressions of people that are not yet into this passion, and their reaction.
I challenge any of you to convince your 50 year old mother with no history with audio or technology whatsoever, that a pair of headphones deserves 1k )
My wife is a pretty fun person and she was not offended by this at all, just a little bit irritated at first .
It was my first impressions post on headfi.Quote:What I like about this schema is that it takes into account the audience, and a post like the LCD-2 review is made largely in accommodation of that audience.
I can assure you I did not speculate before as you say here. I just wanted to state my impressions of the LCD2s' and to remind people that this hobby should be more fun and passionate.
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 11/14/12 at 2:49pmpost #2547 of 2176011/14/12 at 2:50pmpost #2548 of 2176011/14/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in general statistics and numbers rarely fail, considering the large number of people that like them. This means that they do not produce a sound of your liking, but that is all.post #2549 of 2176011/14/12 at 2:55pmQuote:
Then by that logic, Beats are the best ever? People are sheep, they buy what they're told is good. There are far better cans for much less money.post #2550 of 2176011/14/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
I don't know where you have seen a headphones ranking with beats on top.
or in one of the best reviews on headfi :
I am not saying it is all true or that the lcd2s are the best, or the m50s are on the third place, but you cannot deny their value.
And bare in mind that it depends very much where you get your numbers from.
Think of asking all of the vegetarians of their impressions of eating red meat, instead of asking a larger set of people.
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 11/15/12 at 1:16am
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Ibasso DX80 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2