I like bagels, but I'd rather have an English muffin, all things considered.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 6/7/14 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 170
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You sir, are a heretic and possibly involved in witch-craft. We must now burn you at the stake for such defamatory statements.
The laws of the bagel inquisition demand it.
It's a free world, so I guess you're entitled to have a wrongful lusts after English muffins.
So that's what the little green bits were...
I think it's mainly because they are dense (filling), and relatively flavorless (so that take on the flavor of whatever you put on it). A utility/versatility I'd say.
I like bagels and English muffins both. They fulfill different needs, they can both be very good. And they can each be very bad, and not be satisfying for anybody.
Ever had monkey brains? That's pretty fatty... very metallic taste though.
LOL, then our master plan is working out beautifully!
Boo on her!
I meant voyeuristic on the part of the people watching the video. Us, in other words lol. That's why I felt so awkward watching it but couldn't turn away.
With unboxing videos especially, those posting them seem rather exhibitionist, basically "putting on a show" for their audience. Sometimes it's subtle, and other times it's almost a parody of itself (like a striptease wherein the person doing the unboxing gives the audience a little peak, only to cover it back up again). In this case it's definitely less clear, but I can't help but feel like the poster knows he's sharing a private moment involving his wife when he comments that she'd be really upset if she knew he posted it to a public forum. I agree that there's genuine enthusiasm permeating the review tho; it's clear he's excited about the headphones and how they're soliciting a certain response among the people in his life. Still, you also have to admit that posting videos of people singing to themselves has a certain whiff of "revenge plot" about it. Not suggesting he has that as a motive, but that element of potential mortification sort of taints any "innocence" in his review IMHO.
Of course, I'm just speculating there. I tend to view things in terms of the fact that whenever we post on the forums, there's always an underlying personal motivation, and the act itself plays just as much of a role in meaning as the content expressed therein. I really do think it's about more than just headphones often times, though I'm aware of the valid criticisms of such a view. Still, I'm beginning to see impressions more and more in the light of personal expression, and there's almost an element of performance art to it, a certain dance of signification and social practice that occurs between the performer and spectators. What I like about this schema is that it takes into account the audience, and a post like the LCD-2 review is made largely in accommodation of that audience. In a lot of cases it seems like the review is thinking of what he or she can give the audience that they want. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, either. However in this case, it's why I kind of feel as though the reviewer is saying to himself "oh, my audience will love this embarrassing clip of my wife" and risking potential humiliation to gain... I dunno, camaraderie? Something along those lines maybe. Yeah, I'm reading a lot into it LOL.
It could also be the case that those videos are staged and she knows full well he's going to post them. Either way though, it's playing to the audience and not really "innocent" in my view. Still, enthusiasm is important and makes for the best reviews. It's not something easily faked, and I can discern such enthusiasm in the review.
Damn... I am really astonished of the reactions brought by my impressions .
I was really sincere and all you read is true and wrote from the heart.
Let me clarify a little.
I can assure you that nothing was staged.
I had this passion for over 4 years. I am trying to convince her into this passion for 2 years now, with no luck. She was not impressed with my former headphones. The only headphones she reacted to were the lcd2s.
I truly had in mind to write something on headfi before giving her the headphones, because i had to thank Audeze for the gift they sent me (the info is in my post).
When she started to sing and dance I thought immediately it was very nice to add into my impressions. She did not know at first she is filmed as you can see in the first video .
When she was preparing to leave and she dedicated Abbas' "I thank you for the music", I already thought it is gold to use as an ending.
I told her I will post the videos, but she did not believe me ) . But if you look at the last page from the thread, she found out and she responded with the epic nickname "The Wife".
I did not think from the start that the videos are embarrassing at all, or I wouldn't have put them. It just genuine enthusiasm from someone who is not an audiophile.
I wanted to show the impressions of people that are not yet into this passion, and their reaction.
I challenge any of you to convince your 50 year old mother with no history with audio or technology whatsoever, that a pair of headphones deserves 1k )
My wife is a pretty fun person and she was not offended by this at all, just a little bit irritated at first .
It was my first impressions post on headfi.
I can assure you I did not speculate before as you say here. I just wanted to state my impressions of the LCD2s' and to remind people that this hobby should be more fun and passionate.
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 11/14/12 at 2:49pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in general statistics and numbers rarely fail, considering the large number of people that like them. This means that they do not produce a sound of your liking, but that is all.
Then by that logic, Beats are the best ever? People are sheep, they buy what they're told is good. There are far better cans for much less money.
I don't know where you have seen a headphones ranking with beats on top.
or in one of the best reviews on headfi :
I am not saying it is all true or that the lcd2s are the best, or the m50s are on the third place, but you cannot deny their value.
And bare in mind that it depends very much where you get your numbers from.
Think of asking all of the vegetarians of their impressions of eating red meat, instead of asking a larger set of people.
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 11/15/12 at 1:16am
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Your Album of the Month 2 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels 'The Hornet' portable headphone amp 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 8 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)